Imagine you finished LvD and...

AFacelessOne

...out of the 90 packs you got, for wasting your time to do the game again, you'll get 30 color crystals.

I feel a little "cheated"... But hey, lession learned. :D

Oh guys you all just talk too much. I remember when bw announced this event everyone said "oh no i won't participate in this stupid event, bw just force us to do the same content.." lol now it seems iam the only one who really didn't participated in it even though i haven't whined or care about this event. So stop crying we all know that when bw announce some useless and stupid event with boring content but with opportunity to get some free packs you ALL WILL DO IT NO MATTER WHAT.

Oh guys you all just talk too much. I remember when bw announced this event everyone said "oh no i won't participate in this stupid event, bw just force us to do the same content.." lol now it seems iam the only one who really didn't participated in it even though i haven't whined or care about this event. So stop crying we all know that when bw announce some useless and stupid event with boring content but with opportunity to get some free packs you ALL WILL DO IT NO MATTER WHAT.

Well... I complained about the "event" like hell, yes. But i never said i won't do it because 90 free packs are...well

90 free packs!

You said it yourself...

This thread isn't a whine btw, it's more like...entertainement cuz Bioware lacks in that "a bit".

So feel free to be entertained or... Go troll some other thread. Thanks.

RNG is RNG :p

Nope, RNGesus just hates my guts. A guildmember got both "legendary" Emo Ren swords out of his first 15 packs... But the dualbladed versions. :D

My first set of packs actually weren't bad at all. I got Revan's upper body armor in one pack, and Satele's lower body armor in another, along with a nice rifle that I can't recall the name of right now. Doesn't really matter though as I have no use for any of those items on the character that I claimed the packs on, and I can't sell them so in the end it was all useless to me.

...out of the 90 packs you got, for wasting your time to do the game again, you'll get 30 color crystals.

I feel a little "cheated"... But hey, lession learned. :D

If you grind an event just for the random rewards, you are destined to be disappointed.

They mixed in achievements, completion rewards, and random packs in this event. Something for everyone, but that certainly does not prevent any player from complaining and feeling cheated. IMO, your feelings are self-inflicted, precisely because feelings are a personal thing.

Edited by Andryah

Not true. I have also kept my word and have not created a character or participated in any way.

To the OP: At the risk of sounding rude, I just have to say: Boo-freakin-hoo. What, exactly, did you think you would be getting from random CM boxes?

Nope, RNGesus just hates my guts. A guildmember got both "legendary" Emo Ren swords out of his first 15 packs... But the dualbladed versions. :D

It has a love hate thing going on with me. It started by giving me Tulak Horde / Satele Shan pieces, then as it went on it was giving me Reaver Lower Body Armours (6 of the ****** things... when I needed Supplemental to complete the set!), then it switched and started giving me White Crystals and White Black Crystals. Then it switched again and gave me countless decorations, then again it started giving me Dark / Light weapon tunings (sweet!). On the last 5-10 packs? Up pops the Unstable Arbiter Lightsaber and the final piece of the set for the Reaver Armour.

I actually didn't do too badly out of it all. In fact I'm quite (more than) happy with what I've gained.

But yeah, that RNG, has to go.

Not true. I have also kept my word and have not created a character or participated in any way.

To the OP: At the risk of sounding rude, I just have to say: Boo-freakin-hoo. What, exactly, did you think you would be getting from random CM boxes?

This thread isn't a whine btw, it's more like...entertainement cuz Bioware lacks in that "a bit".

I hate to quote myself...

Yea it sucks. But I made out... dark weapon tuning, full sith recluse armor, full reaver armor, full ceremonial mystics, white-black crystal, some satale shan pieces, some remulus pieces and a few nice mounts. Was able to fill in the other pieces with GTN. Edited by DenariusJay

No one feels cheated that so far only the crystals actually register in collections? Or is this just my experience? Armor sets don't. Weapons don't. Mounts don't. Some CS says WAI. Some CS says bug that's being worked on.

Since the armor sets are clearly different items from their regular CM versions (same name, no tooltip showing bound pieces out of set), I'm leaning towards intentional.

Items from the DVL packs sold directly on the CM do, though. You know, the ones BW makes money on.

Oh, well.

Out of the event boxes I've gotten so far, I've gotten every flavor of green crystals, most of the farmhand blues and some PvP reds along with some decent decorations and a full set of Ravager's armor and XoXaan's armor with some pieces of others that I just need something like a box to complete. As I still have a level to go on how far I plan on doing the event, we'll see what happens with the rest of the stuff I get.

No one feels cheated that so far only the crystals actually register in collections? Or is this just my experience? Armor sets don't. Weapons don't. Mounts don't. Some CS says WAI. Some CS says bug that's being worked on.

Sets that I've added to my collections directly from the DvL Force-bound rewards;

- Ceremonial Armour Set

- Kreia's Armour Set

- Reaver's Armour Set

- Ceremonial Mystic's Armour Set

- Remulus Drepya's Armour Set

- Xoxaan's Armour Set (completed with GTN)

- Darth Sion's Armour Set

- Exiled Master's Armour Set

Weapons that I've added to my collections;

- Unstable Arbiter's Lightsaber

- Infiltrator's Compact Sniper Rifle

- Black Nebula Heavy Blaster

- DLA-13 Heavy Blaster Rifle

- Max-Tac Precision Sniper Rifle

- WL-29 Blaster Rifle

- Unrelenting Aggressor Dualsaber

- Unrelenting Aggressor Lightsaber

I've also added various mounts (can't recall which ones as I have so many <---- Gearhead)

So yes, they do get added to collections. With Mounts, you have to activate them the same as usual. With armour sets you have to take them out of the boxes so they get added automatically on the same character, if mixing with GTN purchases you have to equip the set. Weapons get added automatically to collections as well (same as crystals). Obviously make sure you claim them from the item stash, otherwise it doesn't register.

You may be experiencing a bug, but either way, they should get added to collections.

So far I've gotten a few nice things: A couple Dark Attuned Tunings, a couple rare decos I didn't have, a White/Black War Hero Crystal for PVP, and all the pieces for Freedon Nadd's set, which I can unlock now. Got partial sets of Tulak Hord and Reaver. Need supplementary pieces for each still. (At least I got the chest for Tulak Hord but really want the damn helmet.) I also got partial set pieces from other sets I really don't care about (Darth Sion, Remulus Dreypa, Kreia and a few others I am forgetting.) I already owned and unlocked Satele Shan's and Temple Guardian's sets long before this event. Luckily I didn't get any pieces of Satele's set, yet, in DvL packs. Though, I did get a couple Temple Guardian pieces, which are useless to me now. I haven't even sniffed Sith Recluse set in any packs. Sith Recluse set seems to be rarer than Tulak's and Satele's. I wouldn't mind getting the Sith Recluse set but I prefer Tulak's, by a long shot, over Sith Recluse's

I've been dragging my butt on completing DvL since 4.7 dropped (been busy or just raiding when logged on.) I only have to level one more class to 50 and max out Armstech. Have everything else completed, including all the WBs, OPS bosses, Hardmodes, etc. that are required for Legendary tier.

I will start leveling my final toon probably over the weekend and get it done by Sunday. Hopefully I get the Supplementary packs I need to complete the Tulak Hord and Reaver sets in the final DvL packs I get. Otherwise, I will just grind for the credits to buy what I need to complete those sets, especially Tulak Hord's. Also, hoping for a White/Black Eviscerating crystal for PVE to go along with the PVP one I have (hope I don't get the Endurance one since I don't tank) and hoping for a Light Attuned Tuning to go with the Dark Attuned ones I got.

As someone pointed out, the RNG can be kind to some and unkind to others. No one likes getting 5 copies of the same thing. What good is having 5 Farmhand Blue crystals or multiple copies of an ugly armor set you have no interest in? A guildie of mine only did the event through Eternal level (he's not interested in Legendary) and he got what he was hoping for. He was hoping for the pieces he was missing from Satele Shan's set. He was missing boots and tunic and he ended up getting both the Lower and Upper sets in the DvL packs from the event. On the other hand, his girlfriend didn't get what she neeeded. She too needed the the Satele Shan tunic and didn't get one. So, her boyfriend purchased one from GTN for her. Then he got a free one from another guildie, who had an unbound one in his cargo, after he heard what he did for her, to help recoup his costs by selling it on GTN. The girlfriend is doing the Legendary tier, unlike her boyfriend. You watch, she will probably now get the Satele Upper Armor set in the final packs since she doesn't need it anymore after her boyfriend spent millions on one for her. LOL

Sets that I've added to my collections directly from the DvL Force-bound rewards;

- Ceremonial Armour Set

- Kreia's Armour Set

- Reaver's Armour Set

- Exiled Master's Armour Set

Weapons that I've added to my collections

- Black Nebula Heavy Blaster

- DLA-13 Heavy Blaster Rifle

- WL-29 Blaster Rifle

I've singled out items I also got through Force-bound packs from your list.

None of them unlock in collections. I'm not a moron. I know how to bind an item to a toon. I know full armor sets are needed to unlock them in collections. Nothing I've gotten from a force-bound pack has a bind timer to wait out. The armor sets are all out of their U/S/L crates. Putting in mods does nothing. Augging does nothing. Equipping does nothing. Logging does nothing. Pulling them out of the stash onto random toons, even newly created ones, does nothing. Contacting CS does nothing. Only weapon color crystals give the "you have unlocked this in collections" prompt.

Should I be thrilled with these rewards or what?

I bought a couple DVL packs off the GTN and guess what? Everything in those unlocked just fine.

I gave the lower tiers a chance because of the new CM stash that allows distribution of items. Now I've just abandoned the whole thing. Grind more **** I've done before a billion times for **** I can't unlock? Pass.

And BW's response? Two different answers and no solutions -ticket closed.

I've had no issues with DvL packs and collections. It won't initially show you that you have those pieces (like it didn't show that I had gloves, boots or belt, like it normally does), but once you get all the pieces and complete it, it will unlock in collections. Everytime.

I have filled in the missing pieces with a mixture of GTN and DvL event packs with no issues. Not sure why its not working for you.

Edited by DenariusJay

I've singled out items I also got through Force-bound packs from your list.

None of them unlock in collections. I'm not a moron.

I know how to bind an item to a toon. I know full armor sets are needed to unlock them in collections. Nothing I've gotten from a force-bound pack has a bind timer to wait out. The armor sets are all out of their U/S/L crates. Putting in mods does nothing. Augging does nothing. Equipping does nothing. Logging does nothing. Pulling them out of the stash onto random toons, even newly created ones, does nothing. Contacting CS does nothing. Only weapon color crystals give the "you have unlocked this in collections" prompt.

Should I be thrilled with these rewards or what?

I bought a couple DVL packs off the GTN and guess what? Everything in those unlocked just fine.

I gave the lower tiers a chance because of the new CM stash that allows distribution of items. Now I've just abandoned the whole thing. Grind more **** I've done before a billion times for **** I can't unlock? Pass.

And BW's response? Two different answers and no solutions -ticket closed.

No-one here is calling you a moron :confused:

Was just trying to go through the things that you may / may not have tried, so if I offended you somehow then know it wasn't my intention to do so.

Definitely sounds like a bug then, which may or may not get fixed at some point Soon™. Sorry you're getting nowhere with CS on the issue.

I did all tiers except legendary and opened all packs at once.

Items of note:

Sith Recluse Set

Reaver Set

Xoxxans Upper and Bottom

Remulus Set

Ceremonial Jedi Supplementary and Upper

Darth Sion Bottom and Supplementary

Freedom Nadd Set (already owned this one though)

Black/ White Hawkeye Crystal

Light Weapon Tuning

All things considered it was quite a good hull. Getting the entire Sith Recluse set was such a nice surprise and that alone made it worth it to me :p but I like the Reaver set as well and I'll finish the Xoxxans one sometime