End Date for Light Versus Dark

Picasso

The Gree event scheduled for mid-October is included in the list of events that will contribute to the DvL progress, but none of the November events are listed. That plus the "ending in the Fall" comments that Bioware have come out with would put the end of the event some time around the end of October, maybe 1 week either way.

• 1 month later...

This is the best thread currently on the forums.

Can a dev actually provide a "black and white" answer to this "dark v light" question and provide us with a date?

The mindset of the event designer seems to be "We are going to guve you an assload of pointless previously completed content to try and do within a finite relatively short period of time....but we are not going to tell you what time space that is!!"

I'm going to set the dev team an event all of my own.....

Stage One

Read this post.

Reward - Nothing

Stage Two

Reply to this post.

Reward - Nothing

Stage Three

Provide a finish date

Reward - I will strive to finish YOUR event by its closing date and ignore the fact that this is all just a way of passing the time & staying subscribed while you come up with actual new content for the Autumn

My reward - (virtually) nothing

:)

Op there has been no published date but the last gree event mentioned is on the 10 oct and they have stated more info on the next expansion will be given on the 7 oct at an event so they may release the date then.

- edited-- but really.... someone definitely should open a wholesale salt distribution business

Edited by _NovaBlast_

Regardless of when it is, if you think you're running low on time, it's best to assume so and get any goals you have left done ASAP. End of October does seem likely, but it wouldn't be the first time in video gaming history that a developer just slams a surprise in the community's face. Err on the side of caution, assume the end of the event is imminent and accomplish your goals.

• 2 weeks later...
The Gree event scheduled for mid-October is included in the list of events that will contribute to the DvL progress, but none of the November events are listed. That plus the "ending in the Fall" comments that Bioware have come out with would put the end of the event some time around the end of October, maybe 1 week either way.

if you're correct on this, and from the recent patch notes are an indicator of precise dates, then that means that the event will end on October 25. meaning we still may have a relative amount of time left for last minute operations/HM Flashpoints! :w_cool:

I mostly just need to do the rest of the KOTFE chapters X-XVI, complete Stage 5 of the Eternal Championship, which i find utterly impossible to do, i have failed 25 times...so i gave up....it has sucked up my desire to even play the game right now. lol

I mostly just need to do the rest of the KOTFE chapters X-XVI, complete Stage 5 of the Eternal Championship, which i find utterly impossible to do, i have failed 25 times...so i gave up....it has sucked up my desire to even play the game right now. lol

Rounds 1-5 just need you to have about 208-216 gear, an ok companion set to heal and a quick read of the Dulfy guides. They're not that hard, given even a total schmuck like me can do 1-5 with only a little stress.

Round 6, however, is utter cheating hax and I threw in the towel after my two main characters got pasted repeatedly :(

You know, that you can team up for this, right? If you have trouble beating a certain fight just ask for help. If you are in a guild that shouldn't be a problem, if not, just ask in general chat (or on the fleet/ in the "lfg-chat" or whatever) and somebody will help you, eventually. (just ignore all the "lol, you can solo this, noob" answers you'll probably get :p)

Ignore Lanos (just put DoT's on him in between), let your companion "tank" him while you focus on the adds especially the ones shielding him, in that fight the adds are pretty much more dangerous than the boss himself.