Depths of Manaan is Bugged

Vhaegrant

I've updated the OP with the workaround that seemed to get me and a few others through.

Keep the last boss out of the fight when it gets down to 10% or so and make sure it is the main character doing direct attacks that gets the kill (pet on passive, no GSI droid, no DoTs).

If you just need it for Champion completion it can be done on Solo, a reasonably quick run through.

I'll give that a try when I get home from work. Thanks for the idea.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've updated the OP with the workaround that seemed to get me and a few others through.

Keep the last boss out of the fight when it gets down to 10% or so and make sure it is the main character doing direct attacks that gets the kill (pet on passive, no GSI droid, no DoTs).

If you just need it for Champion completion it can be done on Solo, a reasonably quick run through.

How do you get back to the FP to do it solo?

Looked everywhere to find FP giving droid/person/anything and couldn't find it?

Actually, the pet doesn't need to be on passive, and DoTs are fine. Not sure about the GSI droid though.

Edited by Jerba

Having it not in fire, or the combat bot out in solo mode does nothing. I just ran twice back to back, no deaths. No fire on the last guy, bam hes dead. NO achievement. So the bug goes deeper then that or whoever thinks the no fire no bot trick is the answer.

Back to the drawing board, or hopefully sometime this century bioware will fix it. I have ran it 10 times now and it wont update.

Edited by ArostheJedi
spelling

There is a Droid on Manaan, but how do I get to Manaan with no quest there? :confused:

you fly to manaan and do the flashpoint there, if your done with the SoR story part that took you there. Pretty logical, if you dont see it on the fleet, you goto the planet

You'll need to board your spaceship and fly there, it's in the central region with other systems like Alderaan and Corellia.

Thank you.. good answer.

Now when I feel like running it again, it is there.

Thank you.. good answer.

Now when I feel like running it again, it is there.

No worries :)

I've seen a couple of posters that haven't been lucky using the workaround :(

It may just be happenstance that keeping the last boss out of the fire worked for me.

If you're running multiple characters through the DvL event it may be worth while leaving one parked outside the 'Depths of Manaan' FP so you can run it [solo] as and when you like. It's certainly a lot less painful when you are on your own ;)

Anyway all the best, hopefully the devs may get a fix in before the end of the event :)

Ran Manaan HM tonight (15-June-2016) on a DVL charecter and it did not register progress in the achievements.

Upon finishing, progress for completing the hardmode was registered and the weekly mission popped up as completed.

Edited by iseedeadjawas

In that case, it's probably the fire. The same bug happened to the Rakghoul boss in Kaon.

Make sure that when the boss reaches <5%, he is not standing in the fire and that a player is doing the killing blow. If the fire kills the boss, it may not count toward the achievement.

This is an old bug that has been in-game much longer than 4.6.

Dammit

I wish I read this post before my second run (as tactical, first one was the prelude to SoR) I'm having this issue as well..

I guess I'll have to try again... ugh...

And certainly Ortuno is not even close to properly tuned for a tactical. You get lumped together with a bunch of 30s and 40s and you're in world of pain....

Well, I ran this one a third time as Solo.

For every boss, at around 20ish percent I dismissed God-Bot and put my companion on passive (and on the last boss, I was standing on middle of the room, with no fire around) just to make sure it was my toon the one delivering the killing blow.

It worked this time and the tracker got updated as soon as the last boss was dead. Hope this is a reliable way to get it done.

Thanks for those who suggested what could be the underlying problem

negative.

Ran another one in a dual solo mode group. The bots grabbed aggro (not supposed to happen according to the boss buff) and he got pushed into a corner behind the bacta tanks then up onto the wall.

Raced the droids to kill him with my friend. No fire EVER touched the cyborg. Event Check completed.

Looking a lot like it's the fire's fault.

I can confirm fire is pretty much the reason its not counting.

1 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Killed him inside the circle, no achieve.

2 try - Commando, tactical group, killed him outside the circle but while he was burning - no achieve.

3 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Took him to 2 fires, completely ignored 3 fire, just stood in one place and dpsed him while adds tried to kill Mako. Achieve awarded as soon as boss is dead.

So here's your walkaround for Champion - just run solo, dont use more then 2 fires (depends on your dps I guess, i am not the most skilled dps out there).

Don't know anything about HM, but if its the same there, will have to warn your group before pulling him.

Edited by Gelious

I can confirm fire is pretty much the reason its not counting.

1 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Killed him inside the circle, no achieve.

2 try - Commando, tactical group, killed him outside the circle but while he was burning - no achieve.

3 try - PT, solo, no combat droid, Mako set to heal. Took him to 2 fires, completely ignored 3 fire, just stood in one place and dpsed him while adds tried to kill Mako. Achieve awarded as soon as boss is dead.

So here's your walkaround for Champion - just run solo, dont use more then 2 fires (depends on your dps I guess, i am not the most skilled dps out there).

Don't know anything about HM, but if its the same there, will have to warn your group before pulling him.

When I did it for solo, I killed the boss in the fire and it counted. I think I used fire 3 times. I just did it like I normally did it and it worked (in Solo mode, for champion level achievement) which is why I think this bug is just that: a bug. Why it works for some and not for others BW needs to seriously look into because its hindering event progression.

For HM I haven't been able to get it to work and its annoying. It needs to be fixed >.<

When I did it for solo, I killed the boss in the fire and it counted. I think I used fire 3 times. I just did it like I normally did it and it worked (in Solo mode, for champion level achievement) which is why I think this bug is just that: a bug. Why it works for some and not for others BW needs to seriously look into because its hindering event progression.

Agreed. I've emailed Eric and Tait telling them this needs to be addressed and nothing...

I ran it in solo mode, killed him out of the fire (he wasn't burning either) and the droid was busy with the adds, so I delivered the final blow. Still no achievement.

But, did you use any Dots? Theory is that Dots after the first hit are not player hits....

Dunno, wish they would just fix the dammed thing.