Depths of Manaan is Bugged

Vhaegrant

So far it all worked for me (surprisingly) i still have to finish Ziost and do KOTFE, but up to now i have 24% completed event achievments and all worked, also Manaan SM worked for me, no issues there. I have a few friends doing this (rest is ignoring the event) and they are already past me having done KOTFE, Eternal championship etc, so if you didnt get those its just a question of yourself and you need to make a ticket on this, they will surely fix it.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot confirm, for me it's registered as completed (I did Manaan twice in tactical and once in solo mode). So while there may be a bug, it doesn't affect everyone.

I did Manaan SM and it counted for me, no problems.

Thank you, your cookies are in the post :)

Like the vast majority of bugs it is not going to effect everyone. But, this is a bug that is obviously effecting some, and it is a progression blocker. I'm happy for you that you got through and it counted. Unfortunately for myself and others it hasn't.

I wonder if there are many more that think they have completed it and will get a surprise when they aren't getting the Champion level to unlock.

I did have a pleasant conversation with a customer service rep, they advised to run it in a group as that was counting... which it isn't for me.

And, if it had been many of the other tac FPs I wouldn't have such an issue but the second boss on this FP is a group killer with the broad range of levels that you encounter.

It would be nice to hear if this is a bug that it's worth perservering with on solo runs in the hope that it will work. Or, if it hasn't worked the first time it's not going to work at all.

Dark vs Light Event

Champion Level: Flashpoint Expert

Playing through Shadow of Revan Prelude and have completed in order:

Assault on Tython [solo]

Korriban Incursion [solo]

Depths of Manaan [solo]

Legacy of the Rakata [solo]

Went to check to see what flashpoints I still needed to complete and noticed that all but Depths of Manaan were showing as completed.

Is this a bug?

Or out of the four flashpoints in the Prelude is Depths of Manaan the only one that needs to be completed in a group?

Manaan is the only Solo mode FP that will not update for me in the LvD achievements when I complete it. I tried it twice. First I thought it was b/c I ran it as part of the Prelude to SoR storyline so I flew to Manaan and ran it as an independent quest pick up. No such luck. Others in my guilds have said they have the same issue with it as well. This is one of the few FPs I HATE running via Group finder but if I have to sucker some guildies into coming along I will. ;)

Thank you for posting this thread. I will say I was hoping today's patch would fix it but I don't see it listed in the notes. :(

Edited by Baby-Girl

Manaan is the only Solo mode FP that will not update for me in the LvD achievements when I complete it. I tried it twice. First I thought it was b/c I ran it as part of the Prelude to SoR storyline so I flew to Manaan and ran it as an independent quest pick up. No such luck. Others in my guilds have said they have the same issue with it as well. This is one of the few FPs I HATE running via Group finder but if I have to sucker some guildies into coming along I will. ;)

Thank you for posting this thread. I will say I was hoping today's patch would fix it but I don't see it listed in the notes. :(

All the best.

Have managed to make it through with a group but still didn't unlock :(

Hoping for some official recognition of the problem and a suggestion of time frame to fix or compromise (taking the offending FP off the achievements needed) as it is a progress blocker :(

Did it duo'd in [solo] mode yesterday without any problems. Ran the Forged Alliances in order through the story progression as well. Not saying that it isn't bugged, because reading through the posts, it's obvious there is a bug. Just saying that it completed the way I did it, and may be a possible work-around.

Did it duo'd in [solo] mode yesterday without any problems. Ran the Forged Alliances in order through the story progression as well. Not saying that it isn't bugged, because reading through the posts, it's obvious there is a bug. Just saying that it completed the way I did it, and may be a possible work-around.

That's how I first ran through it, in the regular order of Forged Alliances [solo]. No unlock :(

What would be far more helpful than people who haven't had an issue with it, is people that have had an issue and have since been able to get it to unlock/register on the achievement.

Is it just a case of pot luck, or once you've run it and it doesn't register that's it for all future runs?

Is it specific to the one character or the legacy or account? (although the fact that neither my Imperial or Republic can unlock it suggest it is account)

Is it tied to a class/advanced class/ discipline? (Sniper-marksman/ Gunslinger-sharpshooter for me)

Are the devs working on a fix? Do they acknowledge there is an issue?

Should I invest any more time in the event at this point or wait until a fix/ compromise is available?

For those of us with the issue it locks us out at Valiant level :(

Edited by Vhaegrant

Ive done Depths of Manaan Tactical Version twice since the light vs dark event and i get credit for the first two bosses but when I kill the last boss of the flash point it gives credit for the quest, but it does not give credit for the kill and it doesn't mark it off on the event check list for Champion. I did this twice to confirm this bug. I am wondering if anyone else is having this problem. It also does not give credit for final boss kill in the legacy achievement for the flash point either. :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Seriously!?

There are two (sorry, three) threads on the first page with this issue ;)

My own:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887382

And anothers:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887526

And a third I missed because they didn't have 'Depths of Manaan' in the title ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887839

I suspect this will be an issue that will become more prominent as more players get to that point that they are soloing the FP as they go through the Forged Alliance.

Edited by Vhaegrant

So far it all worked for me (surprisingly) i still have to finish Ziost and do KOTFE, but up to now i have 24% completed event achievments and all worked, also Manaan SM worked for me, no issues there. I have a few friends doing this (rest is ignoring the event) and they are already past me having done KOTFE, Eternal championship etc, so if you didnt get those its just a question of yourself and you need to make a ticket on this, they will surely fix it.

That's lovely for you :)

I think you would be surprised at how frustrating it is for a player that is experiencing a bug to be reminded that it is not universal and others are playing the game and progressing as usual.

Very few bugs are universal. Those that are, are very, very apparent.

Unfortunately, bugs happen and usually can be hard to replicate and track down with enough consistency to suggest a fix. Knowing that it has not affected you will allow me to sleep well tonight.

That's lovely for you :)

I think you would be surprised at how frustrating it is for a player that is experiencing a bug to be reminded that it is not universal and others are playing the game and progressing as usual.

Very few bugs are universal. Those that are, are very, very apparent.

Unfortunately, bugs happen and usually can be hard to replicate and track down with enough consistency to suggest a fix. Knowing that it has not affected you will allow me to sleep well tonight.

Is that sarcasm I sense? lol

Is that sarcasm I sense? lol

Maybe ;)

Quite a bit of frustration bubbling up :)

I've always found Manaan dull, I know many don't. And the solo run through is fine, but trying to get through this one in Group Finder is a nightmare :(

Edited by Vhaegrant

Hey, I've recently encountered a few bugs with my Dark Vs Light. Firstly being and most the most game breaking is the depths of Manaan quest does not want to register as completed, despite me doing it many many times on both pub and imp characters created during and for the event. Is there a fix for this? I've tried solo, tactical, hardmode, logging in and out, and none of these work. On a side note as well, I've seen people running around with the legacy title "Eternal Victor" yet doesn't that require completion of the champion level, which is impossible without the last chapter that's not out yet. At any rate, let me know if you have answers for these two questions. I can also provide screenshots proving the characters are for the event, and have completed the FP.

There are at least four threads in the Bug forum with this issue ;)

My own:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887382

And anothers:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887526

And a third I missed because they didn't have 'Depths of Manaan' in the title ;)

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887839

And this one:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=887901

I suspect this will be an issue that will become more prominent as more players get to that point that they are soloing the FP as they go through the Forged Alliance.

I ran it twice on tactical without getting credit, then once on solo mode and it did count. I'd assumed that it was just tactical that was bugged, but might just be random altogether? No wipes on any of those runs, though I think someone died during 2nd boss on one of the tactical runs.

I have done the FP twice on HM as well though you said tactical it didnt check off for HM the same way. Imperial faction and Republic. It's the last one I have to do for the achievement and yes both characters were Light vs Dark. Edited by Lil_Fusion

Add the HM version of this as well because it didn't tick off doing it twice now.

My tactical worked fine the first time but I duoed it with a friend not using group finder and I hadn't completed the prelude of SoR nor was I 55+ even.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

I am also suffering form this not showing as completed insofar as the Champion Level requirements are concerned. I have submitted a bug as I completed the flashpoint solo, before the time expired and without any death so it should show as completed. I will do it again as well - a pain but probably will result in it being recorded (hopefully).

[update]

I just noticed that The Foundry is showing as completed in the tracker but I know for sure that I have not done that flashpoint at all yet! It may well be that the legacy tracker is set wrong and shows some flashpoint as completed when it should be showing others?

Edited by Belstaff
updated

Starting to think this bug goes deeper than the Dark vs. Light event. It appears that most of the Dark vs. Light flashpoints check off when you kill the last boss, not actually complete the flashpoint. If you don't believe me watch during your next flashpoint you haven't done it always checks off when the final boss dies, not for completing the mission.

The underlying problem here is that Depths of Mannan didn't award me the achievement for my first HM kill of the final boss. It took me 2 times to get that achievement. Now fast forward to now, and with this event requiring the final boss kill to check them off that could probably be why it sometimes does and doesn't check off properly.

Update: Decided to login and look at my achievements. I've made it past Ortuno 5 times. Only have killed Stivastin 1 time total (By achievements sake). If you make it past Ortuno which is the hardest boss of the instance surely you will also kill Stivastin. Though I have completed the thing 2 times today on HM and the same issue lies here. 1 Kill of Stivastin but the other 2 to get there obviously counted.

Edited by Lil_Fusion