Depths of Manaan is Bugged

Vhaegrant

I ran this yesterday and Depths of Manaan is marked as complete in the Champion Level Dark vs. Light: Flashpoint Expert achievement. Ran it solo on my vanguard I created last Wednesday as part of the Prelude: Shadow of Revan questline.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting to think this bug goes deeper than the Dark vs. Light event. It appears that most of the Dark vs. Light flashpoints check off when you kill the last boss, not actually complete the flashpoint. If you don't believe me watch during your next flashpoint you haven't done it always checks off when the final boss dies, not for completing the mission.

In that case, it's probably the fire. The same bug happened to the Rakghoul boss in Kaon.

Make sure that when the boss reaches <5%, he is not standing in the fire and that a player is doing the killing blow. If the fire kills the boss, it may not count toward the achievement.

This is an old bug that has been in-game much longer than 4.6.

Edited by Jerba

In that case, it's probably the fire. The same bug happened to the Rakghoul boss in Kaon.

Make sure that when the boss reaches <5%, he is not standing in the fire and that a player is doing the killing blow. If the fire kills the boss, it may not count toward the achievement.

That's honestly what I got to thinking as well. It's the fire that is killing the boss and the game doesn't register that the players killed the boss. Next time I try it I will tell who ever is tanking to take him out of the fire towards as you are saying <5%.

And yes it has been around a long time. Since my first experience with Depths of Mannan since my return in January to the game. I think it was around CH10 or 11 at least for that. I also would agree that the same has happend to that Rakghoul boss. It's a shame too honestly. I wouldn't be so annoyed about this but the fact that the quality level of finding a pug group to actually clear Depths in HM is very slim, specially if nobody is willing to listen to you teach them if they've never done it and rather rage quit after a pull or two, though I did overcome it earlier with a group of players sub 60, and me being the 65. The difference is the fact they listened and didn't give up so easily. I'm just rambling now about pointless stuff. :p I wish they would fix bugs like this and others like the Jindo Krey bug that has been around since 1.x where the ship doesn't move forward but the missile locks get to 300% increased damage. Hard to heal but is do-able if you're competent.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

I just noticed that The Foundry is showing as completed in the tracker but I know for sure that I have not done that flashpoint at all yet! It may well be that the legacy tracker is set wrong and shows some flashpoint as completed when it should be showing others?

I have noticed the same thing and can tell exactly when The Foundry was ticked off: right after completing Maelstrom Prison. The Foundry being the imp pendant of this flashpoint I guess there is a glitch that validates both tacticals.

Back to Manaan, still no word? Not even an acknowledgement that it is being looked at?!

That's honestly what I got to thinking as well. It's the fire that is killing the boss and the game doesn't register that the players killed the boss. Next time I try it I will tell who ever is tanking to take him out of the fire towards as you are saying <5%.

And yes it has been around a long time. Since my first experience with Depths of Mannan since my return in January to the game. I think it was around CH10 or 11 at least for that. I also would agree that the same has happend to that Rakghoul boss. It's a shame too honestly. I wouldn't be so annoyed about this but the fact that the quality level of finding a pug group to actually clear Depths in HM is very slim, specially if nobody is willing to listen to you teach them if they've never done it and rather rage quit after a pull or two, though I did overcome it earlier with a group of players sub 60, and me being the 65. The difference is the fact they listened and didn't give up so easily. I'm just rambling now about pointless stuff. :p I wish they would fix bugs like this and others like the Jindo Krey bug that has been around since 1.x where the ship doesn't move forward but the missile locks get to 300% increased damage. Hard to heal but is do-able if you're competent.

Thanks for jumping in and making some suggestions as to what may be the cause :)

Rather than just saying it worked fine for you ;)

I hadn't noticed the achievement updating on the final boss kill but to be honest when I run through the solo FPs I tend to zone out a bit, having run through some of them so many times before.

I've run through Depths of Manaan on 18 characters now getting them through the story to Shadow of Revan so should have a good reference point to see if boos kills for that fp tally up :)

Hopefully get a run done this afternoon and will make sure boss is not in the fire when it dies.

Was hoping for some official confirmation that there is an issue and possible workarounds, time frame for a fix.

It's a shame too honestly. I wouldn't be so annoyed about this but the fact that the quality level of finding a pug group to actually clear Depths in HM is very slim, specially if nobody is willing to listen to you teach them if they've never done it and rather rage quit after a pull or two

Honestly I find HM Manaan much easier than the tactical. At least you get a tank — unless they are clueless and/or wearing 192 because they just returned to the game — who can kite Ortuno and sustain the occasional spike damage.

Take 4 lowbies to this boss with no tank, the 3 kolto stations will not save them. Same with the 2 Mando champions in tactical Blood Hunt, they are going to chew on any lowbie group.

Edited by demotivator

Possible workaround posted in one of the bug threads.

Make sure the last boss isn't in the fire when it dies. Think a character has to get the final blow for it to count. Off to give that a try and see what happens :)

[update:]

YES!!! SUCCESS!!!

Following previous suggestions that the fire on the end boss may be claiming the kill rather than the character I ran Depths of Manaan in [solo] again.

To be ultra sure I unsummoned the GSI droid (just right click on the buff icon) and when the Boss got to about 10% health I hade sure they were not near the fire AOE.

Boss died, Depths of Manaan completion registered.

Edited by Vhaegrant

YES!!! SUCCESS!!!

Following previous suggestions that the fire on the end boss may be claiming the kill rather than the character I ran Depths of Manaan in [solo] again.

To be ultra sure I unsummoned the GSI droid (just right click on the buff icon) and when the Boss got to about 10% health I hade sure they were not near the fire AOE.

Boss died, Depths of Manaan completion registered. Flashpoint Expert Achievement awarded (I'd already unlocked all the other fps)

Edited by Vhaegrant

YES!!! SUCCESS!!!

Grats!

Honestly I find HM Manaan much easier than the tactical. At least you get a tank — unless they are clueless and/or wearing 192 because they just returned to the game — who can kite Ortuno and sustain the occasional spike damage.

Why would you kite him? All that does is spread his puddles around. Tank him in one spot. Let the puddles stack in ONE place. Sure, you're going to get stunned, but you won't have half the room covered in puddles when he casts Flow and you won't be stunned when he casts it. It's much easier to get out of one puddle than try to avoid 5 that are expanding throughout the room.

Take 4 lowbies to this boss with no tank, the 3 kolto stations will not save them. Same with the 2 Mando champions in tactical Blood Hunt, they are going to chew on any lowbie group.

This may be rough to read as I'm on my phone at work and thought I would check up on this thread. I definetly 100% agree with you but at least the regular flashpoint can be done with a solo option. I do understand the frustrations of having 3 lowbies during tactical as I've been there. Blood hunt with the second boss coming in right next to it. Though it is completeable. Though this topic should be aimed twoard the bug that the last boss on depths isn't registering correctly for kills. Like I said in my previous post I've got 5 HM kills of Ortuno and if you make it past him you can most definetly manage the last boss as it is much easier. In the end I will probably take the advice of the person who posted below me and tell the tank to pull him away from the fire. Though the next try will be with guildies who have finally gotten to that level if I haven't got a pop and already and cleared it.

YES!!! SUCCESS!!!

Boss died, Depths of Manaan completion registered. Flashpoint Expert Achievement awarded (I'd already unlocked all the other fps)

Good to hear that worked. I will assume the same will complete it for hard mode. I will give it a shot and post it here. Though it is a work around it sounds. Bioware should still fix this bug as it will cause headaches for many players who do not find this thread.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

Depths of Manaan is not counting for me at all. I soloed it and made sure I didn't have the droid and when I got the boss to 10% I put my companion on passive to be even more sure I did the killing blow and it's still not counting in my legacy. My luck....

Grats!

Why would you kite him? All that does is spread his puddles around. Tank him in one spot. Let the puddles stack in ONE place. Sure, you're going to get stunned, but you won't have half the room covered in puddles when he casts Flow and you won't be stunned when he casts it. It's much easier to get out of one puddle than try to avoid 5 that are expanding throughout the room.

You cannot tank him in one spot anymore since they have fixed it with 4.0. Anyone standing inside the water is going to take increased damage.

Back to the achievement issue, I can also confirm that making sure the boss was outside the fire to land the final blow did the trick. Is it the same issue with HM? Because I can already see the reaction when I will ask people to please keep out of the fire in the last %.

Edited by demotivator

Four times now and nothing... I've done everything that you're suppose to kept the final boss away from the fire, dismissed combat droid, put companion on passive when he got to 10% and it didn't count. ***?! Edited by DarthEnrique

Update:

Just finished this on Hardmode, told the tank to move him away from the fire at 5%. He listened and the achievement ticked off and <Dark vs. Light: Flashpoint Master> (All Hardmode Flashpoints) ticked off and completed.

Sorry for the delay on the update, I work odd hours and only just got the time to jump in and find a group for it.

Four times now and nothing... I've done everything that you're suppose to kept the final boss away from the fire, dismissed combat droid, put companion on passive when he got to 10% and it didn't count. ***?!

Not sure how this didn't work for you. That's strange a bunch of friends who tried it had the same issue finally got it. Along side myself for the hardmode version.

Edited by Lil_Fusion

Four times now and nothing... I've done everything that you're suppose to kept the final boss away from the fire, dismissed combat droid, put companion on passive when he got to 10% and it didn't count. ***?!

I'm also having this problem. tried this 4 times and still no luck.. also tried the workaround but no luck either

You don't mention what Advanced Class/ Discipline you are, is it one that relies on a lot of Damage Over Time abilities?

Not sure if they would run into the same issue as AoE or companion damage.

My successful run through I was only using direct damage attacks against the final boss no DoTs at all.

Of course as with any issue that may have a random cause I may just have hit the probability curve in the right place when I ran through and kept boss out of fire ;)

It's a hard one to go back and check because once you've had it registered against the achievement it's done.

I'm not even sure how much of an issue the last boss not registering has been in the past for me, I've run DoM over 25 times so Boss one and two achievement tracker are both sitting at 25 (the maximum tracked) and boss three is at 23.

Edited by Vhaegrant

You don't mention what Advanced Class/ Discipline you are, is it one that relies on a lot of Damage Over Time abilities?

Not sure if they would run into the same issue as AoE or companion damage.

My successful run through I was only using direct damage attacks against the final boss no DoTs at all.

Of course as with any issue that may have a random cause I may just have hit the probability curve in the right place when I ran through and kept boss out of fire ;)

It's a hard one to go back and check because once you've had it registered against the achievement it's done.

I'm not even sure how much of an issue the last boss not registering has been in the past for me, I've run DoM over 25 times so Boss one and two achievement tracker are both sitting at 25 (the maximum tracked) and boss three is at 23.

I made a Sith Assassin Darkness so it's a tank. I've soloed it three times (twice going to Manaan then once as part of the SoR storyline) and one time in tactical. All the other Flashpoints have counted expect this on its the only one I've yet to complete. Should I try it now that my toon is lvl 65?

Edited by DarthEnrique

I've now run this 3 times, twice solo and once tactical and none of them have counted for me. I run Madness so no DoTs is really gonna be a pain for me on the last boss but I'll give it one more shot (and keeping him out of the fire as well).

This really needs to be fixed.

I've now run this 3 times, twice solo and once tactical and none of them have counted for me. I run Madness so no DoTs is really gonna be a pain for me on the last boss but I'll give it one more shot (and keeping him out of the fire as well).

This really needs to be fixed.

Wow. Got it on the 4th try. Used no DoTs on the final boss and made sure not to use the last fire. This still needs to be fixed though. No way people should have to use gimicks to complete it.

Wow. Got it on the 4th try. Used no DoTs on the final boss and made sure not to use the last fire. This still needs to be fixed though. No way people should have to use gimicks to complete it.

This is ****ed up. I have no DoT as an sith assassin tank (darkness) other then Crushing Darkness and I know I didn't use it. I kept him away from fire and put my companion on passive and had the droid dismissed and it still doesn't count. If I'm correct tanks don't do a lot of damage and other then Crushing Darkness, which as I said I wasn't using on the last boss, it's all direct damage attacks. Hitting him with lacerate and every other move I got that are not DoTs so I'm confused... I mean it takes longer to dwindle him down but that's not because of DoTs.

What the hell am I doing wrong and why is this not counting for me? Seriously Bioware please address this issue...

Edited by DarthEnrique

This is ****ed up. I have no DoT as an sith assassin tank (darkness) other then Crushing Darkness and I know I didn't use it. I kept him away from fire and put my companion on passive and had the droid dismissed and it still doesn't count. If I'm correct tanks don't do a lot of damage and other then Crushing Darkness, which as I said I wasn't using on the last boss, it's all direct damage attacks. Hitting him with lacerate and every other move I got that are not DoTs so I'm confused... I mean it takes longer to dwindle him down but that's not because of DoTs.

What the hell am I doing wrong and why is this not counting for me? Seriously Bioware please address this issue...

Sorry to hear the workaround hasn't worked for you :(

Considering you are a tank and have dismissed pretty much all the ways of killing the boss swiftly are you still able to take it down within the time limit?

Have you considered respeccing to a DPS to get through the fight quicker?

Dark vs Light Event

Champion Level: Flashpoint Expert

Playing through Shadow of Revan Prelude and have completed in order:

Assault on Tython [solo]

Korriban Incursion [solo]

Depths of Manaan [solo]

Legacy of the Rakata [solo]

Went to check to see what flashpoints I still needed to complete and noticed that all but Depths of Manaan were showing as completed.

Is this a bug?

Or out of the four flashpoints in the Prelude is Depths of Manaan the only one that needs to be completed in a group?

Bugged. Reported. Also CSR'ed this bug. Your CSR's won't grant the achievement. Ran tactical and solo mode and got no achievement. I apparently don't get to advance in the DvL event either.

On a side annoyed issue. If you fix the bug and make me re-run the flashpoint I'll be pissed. I'd rather you drop it from the DvL event since this appears based on this thread to have been reported to you about 100 times.

Bugged, ran at 8:55 central time today, while doing the series of quest fps for the intro to SOR, on Shadowlands.

Kept him out of the "splashes" near the end and pet on passive. Sorcerer level 65, D/L toon, solo mode.

Screws up D/L progression.

Like a word from devs.

Edited by Roalmo

Bugged. Reported. Also CSR'ed this bug. Your CSR's won't grant the achievement. Ran tactical and solo mode and got no achievement. I apparently don't get to advance in the DvL event either.

On a side annoyed issue. If you fix the bug and make me re-run the flashpoint I'll be pissed. I'd rather you drop it from the DvL event since this appears based on this thread to have been reported to you about 100 times.

I've updated the OP with the workaround that seemed to get me and a few others through.

Keep the last boss out of the fight when it gets down to 10% or so and make sure it is the main character doing direct attacks that gets the kill (pet on passive, no GSI droid, no DoTs).

If you just need it for Champion completion it can be done on Solo, a reasonably quick run through.

Bugged, ran at 8:55 central time today, while doing the series of quest fps for the intro to SOR, on Shadowlands.

Kept him out of the "splashes" near the end and pet on passive. Sorcerer level 65, D/L toon, solo mode.

Screws up D/L progression.

Like a word from devs.

As a Sorcerer were you using a lot of DoTs? There was a poster just above that reported success by not using them on their final successful run through.