[SPOILERS] The Gemini Deception -- What choice Did you make & Why? [SPOILERS]

I went with Zakuul civilians and Ranken.

The Alliance doesn't really have an in with average Zakuulian, at best they can convince others to turn against Arcann and at worst they'll provide intel and insight the Alliance didn't have before.

At heart my SIN is still an imperial and she understands how her faction works so unless there was a clear advantage to pubs over imps, and in this case there didn't seem to be, she was saving her own people.

And Theron can be pacified with an almost genuine "I would have saved them all if I could".

Edited by kellerkat

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember Tai Cordan, I chose him 1st. Then I was thinking, The Republic and Imperial only have just begun the fragile alliance, maybe it'd help to save the Imps. So, I let the pretty lady died. It was heartbreaking and Senya's comment didn't help either... :'(

Probably with a copy off ending from Mass Effecf 3 right??

Last time I played ME3, I didn't finished it... once I reached the "beam" to go up to the station, I just closed the game...

I simply wasn't interested in 20 minutes of stupid... yes, I've seen the "Extended Cut", it just makes the stupid last longer...

KotFE is more fun if you could do numerous chapters in a row. It's what I did when I came back, 1 to 13 in one go. My mind was blown.

Upon release blazing through Chapters 1-9 was pleasant. Subsequent chapters (not all) on multiple characters not so much.

Very Interesting Responses!

I wanted to add: I did not heavily believe that this would mean losing companions, I was just heavily caught up by the dilemma at a story standpoint, considering all my toon had been through. It was refreshing to get back into the mind of the story characters ^^

It was very interesting to see what others were thinking about when they made their choices ;o

One thing that stuck out a lot from the answers was the significance of the Zakuulan party. They seemed, out of all the others to be the least understood because they were new at this point I think. I would still need to stand by the argument that is for them; they have a great chance to win the hearts of Zakuulans, which not only is a noble thing to do (Jedi Consular) but it also, militarily makes sense -- without a supportive and obedient population, a nation/empire cannot wage successful wars.

I believed that Tai Cordan, being a diplomat, understood these kinds of things very well and he is a noble character! He also had spent time with them during their time as a fringe alliance.

My Imperial Agent saved the republic first because he wanted to show good faith to the republic for their support later on. I had no idea who would be second until the Imperials said "please hurry" or something to that effect. When she was pleading for her life, I simply had to save her next.

My Imperial Agent saved the republic first because he wanted to show good faith to the republic for their support later on. I had no idea who would be second until the Imperials said "please hurry" or something to that effect. When she was pleading for her life, I simply had to save her next.

Wow really? I chose the imperials after the zakuulans, but i didnt get any responses from any of them..unless I just dont remember >_<

Wow really? I chose the imperials after the zakuulans, but i didnt get any responses from any of them..unless I just dont remember >_<

LOL well I thought it was the Imperials - someone with a female voice was urging me to hurry. If it was the Zakuulans then I picked the wrong one!

Playing a LS Jedi Knight:

1 - Zakuul: Handy to undermine Arcann's authority with his own people.

2 - Imperials: I'm already playing as a hero of the Republic, so I figured getting more sway with the Empire would help in the long run. Say what you want about the Imps, but they get results.

3 - Republic: As much as I would like the Republic to actually through their lot in with the Alliance I realised Suresh would probably hamstring any and all efforts to unite against Zakuul.

I'm not sure any of these choices will end up mattering, unfortunately.

Playing a LS Jedi Knight:

1 - Zakuul: Handy to undermine Arcann's authority with his own people.

2 - Imperials: I'm already playing as a hero of the Republic, so I figured getting more sway with the Empire would help in the long run. Say what you want about the Imps, but they get results.

3 - Republic: As much as I would like the Republic to actually through their lot in with the Alliance I realised Suresh would probably hamstring any and all efforts to unite against Zakuul.

I'm not sure any of these choices will end up mattering, unfortunately.

The choices may not matter in ways that some people think ;o but if the 3rd group DID indeed die, then it may mean a slightly alternate storyline either in ch16 or maybe next expansion.

Imperials, then Republic as an Imperial Agent.

Simple choice.

Admiral Ranken I had personal contact with and knew from personal experience to be a highly competent, ruthless and proficient commander in charge of the Imperial Forward Command. A definite asset.

Tai Cordan. Planetary senator for Balmorra. A world with massive war-materiel producing capacity that successfully resisted and overthrew a hardened Imperial occupation.

As opposed to Zakuul's version of Celine Dion who I had zero knowledge of, but apparently has fans.

On my Warrior I picked the Empire first, stripper second, and since politicians are the weeds of the galaxy I will probably keep this choice the same for every character in the future unless this choice actually has importance later on in the story.

I'm doing the story on my Sentinel. She chose Imperials first because as Admiral, Ranken had valuable military experience to add to the Alliance. Singer next as good faith show to Zakuulians--no, spellcheck, not Australians--so they would see the Alliance cared about them as well.

I and my Sent were both very 'noooooooo' over the senator biting it. He would have been useful as well. (Along with the fact my Sent wanted to save everyone but had to decide on priorities.)

On my Republic character I saved the Zakuulans and the Empire, because I am already Republic. I figured I needed them more. For a choice like that I think it has to be utilitarian.

On my Empire characters I will probably do the exact reverse and save the Republic diplomat.

In my thinking a war effort needs a rockstar/actress like a hole in the head. I saved the military and politician...So Imperials first, then the Republic and Zakuulan last and I did figure the last one picked would die. I played this with my dark side Jedi. :)

For my crafting Agent who maxed out SCORPIO last year, the only winning move was not to play.

KOTFE ended with Chapter 14 for her.

That's actually a smart decision. Also a pity, of course. Scorpio was my 6th ranked companion, but Vette outranked her some weeks ago, so Scorpio fell out of the crafting regime, which was "lucky" for me, I guess.

Ontopic, the decision for my commando was very easy: Republic to be saved first. Then general Ranken, because she obviously can contribute to my alliance. An actress from Zakuul? I don't know nothing about her, she comes from my enemy's planet. I don't trust my Zakuulian companions and they are both nagging me all the time. Bye, actress.

I don't even know if I can save the actress on any of my other chars. I don't see why I should do it. Maybe if she would have been introduced before like Ranken was (KDY), but as of now, this actress has no meaning to any of my chars.

As a GSF'er, Zasha Renkan was first, followed by Tai Cordan. I keep viewing this in terms of Legends Continuity, which means Zakuuul doesn't survive and the Republic beats the Empire, while also thinking that Imperial Admiral and Politician/Rebel Commander are far more useful than the aged Zakuul stripper.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Although my sorcerer hates the Republic, she wants to genocide Zakuul for her imprisonment. Furthermore, she saw more strategic value in Cordan and Ranken. Zakuulans were burned. When Senya confronted her, she retorted with "we both know you would have let my people die too."

On my jedi consular (the only character I've bothered to do the latest chapter with):

1. Zakuul. They're civilians.

2. Imps. Assets we need (well actually not as BW will decide how this all proceeds and none of this will actually really matter).

3. Republic. If you recall from when the outlander wakes up he/she is told how corrupt the Republic has become during his nap. As much as the character liked Tai, that was a long time ago. Tai is part of that corruption. last ride out of town. Sorry you missed the escape pod.

I've only been through it on my event grinding main..so I just decided on what seemed most beneficial to my alliance.

1. Zakuul:

A familiar face for the rebels on Zakuul to rally behind. She may be able to convince many Zakuulan's of Arcann's deviousness and rally support for the alliance. She could become the alliance's Mocking Jay. ;)

2. Imperial:

We're at war and an imperial officer with tactical knowledge and possibly some pull with imperial elements that have not yet joined the alliance seemed more useful to me than a politician.

3. Politician:

I'm sorry that he didn't make it, but perhaps we can spin a bit of propaganda about it and make him a rupublic hero who made the ultimate sacrifice on the altar of freedom and stuff.

Another thing I wanted to add, after reading more of the interesting responses, was the alliance that the three factions had made separate from the outlander's.

I don't think in the case of Tai Cordan that he can directly categorized as part of the republic political wheel (which is falling apart) since he had splintered off to support another alliance, modeled after the outlander's.

I only mention that because I was curious how that might have affected other people's decisions had they thought about it that way.

-Also, military forces we do have, but proper propaganda personnel I think the Alliance is lacking.. if you were to think about Zakuul

• 2 months later...