Dark vs. Light Retroactive Achievements

Rzfk

I would like to ask why the Achievements for the new Dark vs. Light Event are not retroactive?

Their are a lot of players like myself that have played SWTOR for 4 or more years now and we have done all of the content and most of the achievements that are available to us and now we have to do them all again just to complete a new event! why did you not make the achievements retroactive for the veteran players?

- SPPIYRE -

Why cause this event was more of a hello to new players and some coming back. It was covered in there last dev live stream. And they plan to post some time soon the meter that shows us all if light or dark side in the lead. But there hope they show us a bit of love on patch day

I would like to ask why the Achievements for the new Dark vs. Light Event are not retroactive?

Their are a lot of players like myself that have played SWTOR for 4 or more years now and we have done all of the content and most of the achievements that are available to us and now we have to do them all again just to complete a new event! why did you not make the achievements retroactive for the veteran players?

- SPPIYRE -

That is the point of the event, to do the things you did over 10 times already, again and again......

As someone who completely dislikes the premise of this event, one thing I do understand is why the achievements aren't retroactive.

The basic idea of this event is "how much can a player do from start date to end date."

It's not actually about completing the achievements, it's about how many achievements you can complete.

Having them be retroactive completely defeats the purpose.

The complaint I have with the event is that there is a "new character" requirement. I wouldn't mind running the event in whatever shape or form with my current characters. But I'm not making a new toon. I don't need a new toon.

Personly i think it's ok that it's not retroactive. What i dont think is ok is that old characters cant participate in the event. Having all achievement be retroactive would be pointless. Then some veterans would allready have completed all LvD achievements on day 1 of the "event" Old chars should however be able to complete some LvD achievements, like the FP achievements and earning light or dark side points.

I can actually agree with you, it would actually be nice if we could do them on characters we have had for a while, I'm in the same boat that I have so many characters and I don't need anymore, I can understand making 1 or 2 new alts just for the lvling stuff for the event but when it comes to the event stuff and endgame content requirements for the event we should be allowed to do them on pre event characters and get recognition.

I kinda wish a few were retroactive, like the one for "One of Each Class", Valor, LS V, DS V, and Crew Skill 550. The rest could have been done by current characters or lowbie/newrolls, then. HAve people re-run content on their favorites, have fun with it a bit more.

I'm not getting Legendary because I've been busy doing a half dozen things RL and discovered the Gree Event doesn't scale down to my level 45 JC who PvP'd most of the way and finally I slogged my way through Coruscant to get the ship... And then the server reset on me, so.. Missed that. Ah well. I'll get the rest of the tiers without too much trouble.

There are two elements to the DvL event.

1) Unlocking achievements

2) Gathering Lightside or Darkside points.

If you make 1) retroactive it kills the event dead for many of the long time players. They just log on and poof as if by magic all their achievements are retroactively granted. Not sure that would serve the purpose of getting players to go back and play content.

2) You can't earn LS/DS from diplomacy so aside from a few heroics and flashpoints the main source is going to be class missions and other non-repeatable content. Not sure why players are fine repeatedly running the same FP over and over again to grind out LS/DS points but balk at the thought of running through story for a second or third time.

The point is that for many players they already have done most if not all of those achievements. Having to do the exact same achievements twice is just ridiculous.

First of all this is only really a problem if you've got your sights set on the Legendary level. All the levels below that are easily obtainable.

The point is that for many players they already have done most if not all of those achievements. Having to do the exact same achievements twice is just ridiculous.

No, the point is people being lazy self-entitled cry-babies. If you want the rewards of the event, you have to actually take part in the event. There is nothing ridiculous about it.

No, the point is people being lazy self-entitled cry-babies. If you want the rewards of the event, you have to actually take part in the event. There is nothing ridiculous about it.[/quote

Nothing to do with being lazy or being a self entitled cry baby.

Having to do the same content that has already been done to death for achievements that have already been done to death over the last four years or so is simply ridiculous.

Don't dare call it a EVENT and I don't care for the RNG rewards they are offering its 99 percent useless junk.

Edited by Cretu

No, the point is people being lazy self-entitled cry-babies. If you want the rewards of the event, you have to actually take part in the event. There is nothing ridiculous about it.[/quote

Nothing to do with being lazy or being a self entitled cry baby.

Having to do the same content that has already been done to death for achievements that have already been done to death over the last four years or so is simply ridiculous.

Don't dare call it a EVENT and I don't care for the RNG rewards they are offering its 99 percent useless junk.

It's an event. Oh no, I dared. If you don't care for the rewards, then why do you care about what the required task to get it is? It is wholly irrelevant if you have done it before. You want an out, because how dare you have to do the same thing as any new comers. Boohoo, you have to exert effort.

Of course, you'll just respond with, "That's not it, blah blah blah." Everyone knows it is.

Edited by VictoryWeaver

Personly i think it's ok that it's not retroactive. What i dont think is ok is that old characters cant participate in the event. Having all achievement be retroactive would be pointless. Then some veterans would allready have completed all LvD achievements on day 1 of the "event" Old chars should however be able to complete some LvD achievements, like the FP achievements and earning light or dark side points.

Yes.

I wish the event included all the light/dark side points anybody acquires regardless if new character or not. Also, if old characters could do flash points for the achievements, then there would be a way to "play" the end result so that I'd get a lot of the LvD packs on the characters I wanted.

Based on the number of people participating I'm pretty sure that a lot of players disagree.

I've been here since launch, and never bothered with a Smuggler before this, so I actually benefit from this event. Anything you can't use directly is unlocked in collections, the armor pieces making leveling alts much faster, and you can get the bulk of the actually beneficial stuff fairly quickly.

There seems to be a trend of people declaring "I don't like this" and instead of offering logical, well thought out arguments basically state they want something for no effort and expect people to respect this kind of thinking. Which reminds me of some people who complain at not being able to get discounts or features setup for "new customers" at some businesses.

Generally, it's not worth the trouble to extend these to existing customers, as more than 95% of the base won't care, and the cost to roll it out for everyone offsets any gain of new customers.

In otherwords, TL;DR -- Too bad, so sad.

I agreed with this before, but after playing, it seems pretty easy to get all the acheivments.

Its mostly just leveling and doing kotfe. Its not too hard to get tacticals done.

If anything was retoractive, I would say..maybe the 8 classes to 50, since that kinda involves purchasing slots

The event was poorly conceived, of this there is little doubt. It is optional though and expecting to just be handed the rewards without participating in the event while it's live is just entitled foolishness in my opinion.

In my opinion, the biggest grind in the event is the FP requirements. Biggest complaint, is the potential need to purchase server slots to participate (anhd exclusion of current characters - who could do the fp/op grind or crew skills etc) . XP is easy to come by, and add in the XP gear and XP boosts and the character grinds aren't going to be that huge. Crafting depends on stockpile of mats currently held by players. Those that are set, getting the 550 not hard, those who don't will spend good amount of time gathering/crew missions to get the mats. (or buying through jawa scrap/GTN)

It's an event. Oh no, I dared. If you don't care for the rewards, then why do you care about what the required task to get it is? It is wholly irrelevant if you have done it before. You want an out, because how dare you have to do the same thing as any new comers. Boohoo, you have to exert effort.

Of course, you'll just respond with, "That's not it, blah blah blah." Everyone knows it is.

It's not a EVENT and if you believe that is is you either deluded or a Bioware spin doctor.

In fact you sound like a very angry Bioware spin doctor because i had dare to challenged the official party line and bring up legitimate concerns held by many who sub to game.

The Gree, Raghoul and Bounty Contracts are REAL events.

This LS V DS is not a EVENT!!

Edited by Cretu

It's not a EVENT and if you believe that is is you either deluded or a Bioware spin doctor.

In fact you sound like a very angry Bioware spin doctor because i had dare to challenged the official party line and bring up legitimate concerns held by many who sub to game.

The Gree, Raghoul and Bounty Contracts are REAL events.

This LS V DS is not a EVENT!!

so being able to buy rewards from the same 10 quests every day for 1 weeks is somehow more of a event then beeing able to play the whole game again and also getting rewards? ok

its kinda the same just you have more stuff to do with this event.

Maybe you ran the game 10 Times already, but you also have ran the gree event countless times on many toons.

So why i Gree an event in your eyes and DS/LS not? ah right they lock you out of gree after 1 week again :o

Edited by hunterlue