Cartel Pack Changes with the GEMINI Pack

EricMusco

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is bull. All other KotFE packs had 2 pack items, comp gift and jawa junk. This pack has 2 pack items, comp gift and less jawa junk. the only difference is the chance cube (which is a great product, but one that should have been separate from the packs the entire time) has a reduced drop rate in this pack. If you want an excuse for a more expensive pack give the chance cube its own slot in the pack.

Also has this screenshot http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/swtor-cm-weekly-sales-june-28-july-5.jpg shows all current advertisement for the new hypercrate still show 30 packs, what it has been for all KotFE packs, so I doubt you upped it to 36 and will not spend the 6300 cartel coins to find out.

Finally having the super and hyper crates at the same amounts you can buy coins (e.g. the hyper at 5400, the exact amount of coins you get for $40) was a helpful system. Upping the price the way you did is going to drive away more spending than the increased price per sell is going to make up for.

Yup, this guy has got it.

Gemini Pack: http://imgur.com/82FDg0T

Revenge Pack: http://imgur.com/5MRk2dg

Looks pretty similar don't they?

I did not buy the hypercrate, so I can't say whether there are more in them, but according to the text, they both have 30.

Gemini: http://imgur.com/j7eb8ri

Revenge: http://imgur.com/Mqfa0j7

It is one thing to change the price, I actually don't mind that much, but turning around and lying about why they did it is where I draw the line. The reasoning they give for increasing the price is that one has more items, and more packs come in a hypercrate when both of those statements are false? That is just not cool.

Well this really does not seem to clear things up. Basically all the info I have seen from people who purchased the new packs have said they are of worse value AND they cost more. They said they get the same amount of packs as before and bronze items are worth LESS than chance cubes.

This change really should have been announced BEFORE the patch. It just seems really sleazy to do it later. As well it seem like the information that the Devs have given in this thread is FALSE.

Edited by dashriprock

Thanks for the feedback! This is good to know. Bit disappointed with the raised prices but if we get better things from it I'll live with it.

Now you handled this explanation, care to turn to the hundreds of complaints about heroic payout and the DvS event?

Thanks!

You may also notice that Hypercrates are more expensive than before. We added 6 more packs into each Hypercrate with KotFE and so the price is reflective of that change. The price per pack in a Hypercrate is actually lower than the pre-KotFE numbers. Thank you for your understanding and support! As always, the team will continue to look to your feedback regarding packs and their content.

-eric

Actually I just watched an Hypercrate opening. I counted the packs. There are ONLY 30. Saying that there are 6 more packs per Hypercrate is a flat out LIE.

Pause the video and count them.

Bioware dun goofed.

Actually I just watched an Hypercrate opening. I counted the packs. There are ONLY 30. Saying that there are 6 more packs per Hypercrate is a flat out LIE.

Bioware dun goofed.

Yeah...what the hell?!

Bioware dun goofed.

Yeah... Bioware fupped duck up royally on this one.

~ Eudoxia

Bioware dun goofed.

Reading comprehension, folks - they said: "We added 6 more Packs into each Hypercrate with KOTFE."

The Alliance Packs, which started with KOTFE, have 30 Packs in each Hypercrate, while all the Shipments pre-KOTFE had 24 per Hypercrate. That is the increase he was talking about; he never said the GEMINI Hypercrates have 6 more Packs than the other KOTFE ones.

Edited by DarthDymond

If you're on JC I will gladly take them all. :D

~ Eudoxia

Sadly, that is not one of my servers. Ebon, Harb and that other west coast one, um, Begeren. Maybe I should get a character on JC to see where the most profit is :p

The cartel team have lost their flipping mind!

You use to get more items out of the old original 24 packs for a fraction of today's prices. They will continue to steadily raise prices until there are no buyers left. I'm so glad I don't waste money on this inflated scammy bunk.

Edited by Holocron

Reading comprehension, folks - they said: "We added 6 more Packs into each Hypercrate with KOTFE."

The Alliance Packs, which started with KOTFE, have 30 Packs in each Hypercrate, while all the Shipments pre-KOTFE had 24 per Hypercrate. That is the increase he was talking about; he never said the GEMINI Hypercrates have 6 more Packs than the other KOTFE ones.

Ah... well then...

~ Eudoxia

Wait...people complained about chance cubes? Great. I want more cubes, not less. -_-

The complaint is that they took the place of the new items, instead of being in addition to. My suggestion was to sell chance cubes directly for 50 to 75 CC. My guess is that they would have made far more doing that than anything else.

The complaint is that they took the place of the new items, instead of being in addition to. My suggestion was to sell chance cubes directly for 50 to 75 CC. My guess is that they would have made far more doing that than anything else.

That's what the grand X packs were, essentially. Introduced with great fanfare, dropped like a hot rock. We'll probably never know why.

People were complaining because a hypercrate could very well yield more old items than new with way too many chance cubes, resulting in greatly varying crate values.

They were also complaining because the 'silver' items were on the level of previous bronze items quality/rarity/design-wise, but cost more to unlock in collections because of their rarity rating.

IIRC you added items after the complaints on the very first KotFE pack which contained only 1 item and 1 gift. Why didn't you change the price back then? The recent few packs were all at 200 CC and you could get 2 pack items (plus gift & Jawa Scrap). The change to the GEMINI Pack brings back bronze items instead of chance cubes, but the overall content of the pack stays the same.

I'd think you increased the price to cover for a potential loss of overall pack sales because there is not as much gambling involved anymore, and/or the more accessible collections unlock.

This bloke gets it. More weasel words from Musco.

That's what the grand X packs were, essentially. Introduced with great fanfare, dropped like a hot rock. We'll probably never know why.

If you haven't noticed, people tend to not buy/play/use piece of content and when BW removes it, there are suddenly tens of thousands who are missing it (see Ranked 8v8, for example)

If you haven't noticed, people tend to not buy/play/use piece of content and when BW removes it, there are suddenly tens of thousands who are missing it (see Ranked 8v8, for example)

I bought a few Grand X packs; didn't complain when they went away. Watched the torchlit mobs go past, ate some popcorn.

It's all in the name, Grand Chance sounds more fun than Grand armor/dye/weapon pack.

Ahhh...lol. Good catch Dymond.

You're correct and we all read over that quite easily. So really, it's just more expensive than the previous one. Got it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.