Dear Bioware, if you want us to leave just ask.

lironBD

It's an total insult this 'event'.

Finding it hard to even call it an event.

When nothing actually is added to the game but cosmetic rewards (for doing everything we have already done) then it's not an event in anyway.

Rakghoul is an event.

Gree is an event.

Bounty hunter is an event.

This is not an event.

I can only come to the conclusion now that all EA funding is gone.

Bioware is running this game on a shoestring.

There is no meaningful content coming any time soon unless someone high up in EA takes a massive U turn.

I was mad when I first read about the LS/DS 'event' but now I'm depressed.

The future for this MMO has never looked so bleak.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's an total insult this 'event'.

Finding it hard to even call it an event.

When nothing actually is added to the game but cosmetic rewards (for doing everything we have already done) then it's not an event in anyway.

Rakghoul is an event.

Gree is an event.

Bounty hunter is an event.

This is not an event.

I can only come to the conclusion now that all EA funding is gone.

Bioware is running this game on a shoestring.

There is no meaningful content coming any time soon unless someone high up in EA takes a massive U turn.

I was mad when I first read about the LS/DS 'event' but now I'm depressed.

The future for this MMO has never looked so bleak.

People called 12x an "event". At least with this there is window dressing and some nice perks and it's a bit more organized. No one says you gotta go for the final (or any) level if you don't want to. There's a new chapter next week, another one 4 weeks after it in the middle of summer, and I'm sure there will be other things announced and discussed in July's cantina.

The rewards offered in this event are not worth my time and trouble to acquire. However, I checked in the mirror, and I see no handprint on my face. I feel irrelevant, not insulted. Which is fine. This event does not cater to me. I accept that SWTOR is allowed to target other demographics.

The rewards offered in this event are not worth my time and trouble to acquire. However, I checked in the mirror, and I see no handprint on my face. I feel irrelevant, not insulted. Which is fine. This event does not cater to me. I accept that SWTOR is allowed to target other demographics.

^ I agree and feel the same after thinking it over.

The rewards are real $ items i'm sure it'll be worth it to alot though

the rewards are , in large part, just a new type of scam pack with an ambiguously elevated CHANCE of getting a desirable item....

I'll say it again

The ONLY way to get BW to give any respect to those players who've been playing this long and keeping the game alive this long is to unsub en-masse for the duration of this event, and let them see we pay sub fee's for content, not BS.

I know people have said this already, but I wanted to be a voice with the others...

I can appreciate what BioWare is trying to do here. They're trying to make the beginning parts of the game alive again. It's quick, cost effective, and provides a neat challenge. This is an awesome event for new players. However, it is rather insulting to their old players.

• If I was a new player, I'd have 8 free slots, but I don't. I've leveled 16 toons and have 18 slots. That means, I'd need to pay them to unlock more slots on my server. This does the opposite of rewarding the veteran player.
  • I am a subscriber. I should not have to pay to participate in an event, on my server, without deleting my work. It's bad design and rude.
  • This is also frustrating, because I've already done what they're asking already, and I don't receive any of the rewards for that. What I did before, doesn't matter, and that's frustrating.

Why do people whine so much?

If you like/want the rewards then do the event, good for you.

If you don't think its worth it, don't do it, good for you too.

Why do people attempt to belittle anyone who doesn't agree with them so much?

If you have a cogent argument to make, then make it, good for you.

If all you have is insults and demeaning comments, then don't expose your lack of anything substantive to post.

They used to be. No longer. They are long ago embargoed.. and only really drop from an old pack someone pulls out of inventory and lists on the GTN for premium prices... OR perhaps a lucky pull from a Chance Cube.

They are old, dated, super rare, super desirable. The event, if RNG is kind to you.. may.. MAY give a player what they seek... but it will be BoP and they can earn no monetary gain from it... as opposed to actual CM items still in active GTN trade.

The only possible downside is Billy-Price-Scalper might be able to only get 60M credits in the short term for an item he is used to selling for north of 100M. But Billy.. being smart will just sit on his inventory until the event is well and gone. So no Billys are harmed by this event.

Edited by Andryah

I do feel like they are asking me to leave and unsub I will unfortunately. It's sad that they don't value people who have already done their content. BW just wants to isolate and pit the community against each other. You win BW the joke has always been on us Vets, your checkmate is debilitating and disheartening. I get that I'm not valued or that I'm insignificant but you could've done this event better. I'm honestly just sad and feel defeated today. I hope at least my friends who are subbing for first time enjoy this event. Someone deserves to have fun and feel good even if it's not me.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

I do feel like they are asking me to leave and unsub I will unfortunately. It's sad that they don't value people who have already done their content. BW just wants to isolate and pit the community against each other. You win BW the joke has always been on us Vets, your checkmate is debilitating and disheartening. I get that I'm not valued or that I'm insignificant but you could've done this event better. I'm honestly just sad and feel defeated today. I hope at least my friends who are subbing for first time enjoy this event. Someone deserves to have fun and feel good even if it's not me.

:( :( :( :( :( :(

Nooooooooooooooooooo! Don't leave Squirrel! You need to give Ratajack rabies! Don't leave me alone with him! Please! :(

Please BW, stop losing players!

Make it retroactive and permanent event.

You can't just ask old players to make ALL the stuff again in that short amount of time ...

In the 'open letter to the players' you said that you were gamers too ...

Are you? Are you really gamers? Did you even play sometime swtor?

That just what they will say to the public. I would wager most of the dev team are not Gamers. You can tell. Gamers get excited and almost have a passion about them when you hear them talk about video games. Anyway,the main reason I will not be doing theevent, because it requires me to start a new character andd o stories I have no interest in doing. I only like three classes in this entire game...the rest I don't care for.

Edited by cool-dude

I'm here till August 5th and don't worry I'll be ready to spread plenty of rabies. Squirrel gone rogue. :D

Yay! :D

I'm afraid animal control may interfere with the longevity and may be a bit before August 5th.

Nah! The Force is strong with this one. :csw_vader:

the rewards are , in large part, just a new type of scam pack with an ambiguously elevated CHANCE of getting a desirable item....

I'll say it again

The ONLY way to get BW to give any respect to those players who've been playing this long and keeping the game alive this long is to unsub en-masse for the duration of this event, and let them see we pay sub fee's for content, not BS.

Sounds like a good way to get the game shut down.

I rarely post on the forums but I had to again.

I just canceled my sub because of this "event". This is just to much of a slap in the face from the developers. I am not going to play everything that I already did all over again.

On the plus side: What I learned from this this time around is to not buy a six month recurring subscription again.

I rarely post on the forums but I had to again.

I just canceled my sub because of this "event". This is just to much of a slap in the face from the developers. I am not going to play everything that I already did all over again.

On the plus side: What I learned from this this time around is to not buy a six month recurring subscription again.

Same here. I meant to cancel in March... but I forgot and now I have until September, but it's cancelled now.

Once or twice each isn't enough? Just twice on each AC is 32 playthroughs, from level 1 to whatever, then all the non-class content after the original stories, over and over and over again.

I pretty sure I posted "Class" but yes it would be 32 doing each AC. Like Ops and PVP. So those are different? Only so many maps and some keep redoing them many many many many many many many many many times..

Obviously I have no idea how they came to this 'event', but I do have a theory. No more than that, I could be way off. It seems to me that the message to the team was something in the vein of: "We will not give you (or have) a budget for creating new content, but we do want you to come up with an idea to monetize old content." It also seems to me that EA/BW knew beforehand that longtime players would start to complain en masse.

It could be that they're taking a calculated risk. Suppose 1000 longtime subscribers leave the game because of this 'event'. That would mean a loss of income of at least $15,000 per month. But they also have to spend much less on creating content this way. This group will consist of subscribers who also have been complaining about no new PvP/group-content (just check this forum). So yes, perhaps this is their way of getting rid of subscribers they'd rather see leave than stay. But again, I'm just guessing here :)

This 'event' is probably great for new subscribers and people who have not been playing this game for too long. Only BW knows if this is worth the risk of losing hundreds of subscribers (if that will happen at all).

Edited by Tisaren

I pretty sure I posted "Class" but yes it would be 32 doing each AC. Like Ops and PVP. So those are different? Only so many maps and some keep redoing them many many many many many many many many many times..

Because an Operation or Flashpoint is on the same scale as relevelling a class from scratch... :confused:

I've been playing since open beta as well, and honestly I don't see the issue with the Dark / Light Side event.

Did you honestly expect to be handed all the rewards for free? And if you did where would the fun be in that?

Besides, we subs veterans has several advantages when leveling a new character regardless. Completing most of these achievements will be a piece of cake, but a tasty one we can complete with friends.