Dear Bioware, if you want us to leave just ask.

lironBD

It seems odd to me that an MMO would make an event focused on recycling old content.

Not unlike a game that's centered around and built upon a PvE story and gameplay requiring PvP in order to complete an otherwise PvE 'event'? :D

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not unlike a game that's centered around and built upon a PvE story and gameplay requiring PvP in order to complete an otherwise PvE 'event'? :D

It's a very tiny, very token nod to pvp. You can literally meet the requirements in less than 30 min if you're slightly lucky.

That said the original game was advertised as having a pvp focus with an entire end-game world dedicated to it and there's a dev blog on this site saying just under half of everyone that first bought the game in its first months was doing wzs, so...

I'm playing swtor since the beta. I have the collector version. I made tons of characters, and kept 24 of them on one server.

even if I took some break during the game, I always maintained my subscription and came back casually;

I always supported BW, for their choices mainly because of this amazing game they brought to us when it started.

I was firstly frustrated when I saw this event, but the fact that our choices could affect the game was attractive.

But when I saw that the success was not retroactive, the frustration came back, the same one I had when they first introduced the success. All what I've done so far was scraped.

I don't care about the rewards, but they missed the first rule: recognition.

Our loyalty is not rewarded, they don't care.

So I think I'll keep coming in game, but I will unsuscribe and only play as a free player when the frustration will begone.

I don't care about the rewards, but they missed the first rule: recognition.

This event isn't about recognition for past accomplishments, it is not about giving long term players a boost or a nod - we could use one of those but that was never what this was intended to be - this is an opportunity to show off how much you can get done in ~3 mos. Old players do have the advantage in any sort of competition like that because we know a lot more than most new ones. But if you aren't interested in showing off how much you can do and how fast you can do it you can -still- get everything other than the last tier in this contest with only nominal effort. If you don't want to do that, don't. If however-many-characters-you-have-now is all of the characters you can roll up and making an event out of rolling 2 more is some kind of outrage - THEN DON'T. Seriously - why the crying? No one's saying you wasted your time up til now other than you. If you only did what you did and had no fun doing it all the while hoping that BW would create an event just so you could log in and accept some rewards that new players have to grind for... then you need to take responsibility for your really questionable leisure time decisions and stop blaming BW.

Edited by Savej

This event isn't about recognition for past accomplishments, it is not about giving long term players a boost or a nod - we could use one of those but that was never what this was intended to be - this is an opportunity to show off how much you can get done in ~3 mos. Old players do have the advantage in any sort of competition like that because we know a lot more than most new ones. But if you aren't interested in showing off how much you can do and how fast you can do it you can -still- get everything other than the last tier in this contest with only nominal effort. If you don't want to do that, don't. If however-many-characters-you-have-now is all of the characters you can roll up and making an event out of rolling 2 more is some kind of outrage - THEN DON'T. Seriously - why the crying? No one's saying you wasted your time up til now other than you. If you only did what you did and had no fun doing it all the while hoping that BW would create an event just so you could log in and accept some rewards that new players have to grind for... then you need to take responsibility for your really questionable leisure time decisions and stop blaming BW.

Ok, then it is not about recognition etc... it is about how fast you you can achieve a character etc... If you don't want to play then don't

Dude, it is what I explained, I don't want to play anymore because of this kind of event which are not for me, as I said I play since the beta, and that I liked create characters till their achievement. but because BW don't make any content for my kind of vet gamers.

So this game is not anymore for me but I thought it deserves a post to explain my reasons, it is how community works.