The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Hello, I have a Question about the new companions in SWTOR :D, if i choose Dark side in one server, and then i choose a new server only on the Light Side, what happens then like,

1. I get ONLY ONE companion on ONE ACCOUNT, even if i have a Light Server And a Dark Server

2. I get a the Dark Side companion on Dark Side Server And on the Light Side server i get the Light Side Companion,

And one more thing how do i know that i can get the Dark Side companion, like count ALL my characters darkside

Point or only my Main?

Sorry for the Long Post

:D:D:D

Everyone gets the same Companion based on the total LS/DS choices pooled across ALL servers.

Assuming they have reached the required Achievement to unlock the new Companion.

All The Best

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone gets the same Companion based on the total LS/DS choices pooled across ALL servers.

Assuming they have reached the required Achievement to unlock the new Companion.

All The Best

Okay thx for Answer :D:D:D:D

has it been said what happen to the DVL pioneer sets exp after the event? does the exp bonus get removed or do they keep the bonuses?

I don't think they've said specifically. But, there is nothing to indicate that the bonus is limited to the event. My assumption would be that wearing this armor always grants the bonus.

Out of curiosity, and I'm sure this has been answered but I haven't seen it, is this set available in collections?

I don't think they've said specifically. But, there is nothing to indicate that the bonus is limited to the event. My assumption would be that wearing this armor always grants the bonus.

Out of curiosity, and I'm sure this has been answered but I haven't seen it, is this set available in collections?

It's BoL; so I would assume not. That's a shame, since I could see using the helmet a lot on comps for certain classes

It's BoL; so I would assume not. That's a shame, since I could see using the helmet a lot on comps for certain classes

That and just to make it easy for people without all the legacy perks to take more characters through story without being bothered with the planetary missions. Really, if you've done them once, there is no need to do again. Unless you particularly like them. For instance: I like the Corellia arc. Not for the missions per se, but for the ending. So, I'd gladly play that one, but most others are just not worth doing again.

Unless, you know, BW went all in with the story and changed the planetary arcs to reflect current events in the galaxy.

HA!

But it would be cool, yes?

It stands for a lack of imagination.

It stands as a testament to the Bioware not understanding that "Proper Planning Prevents P** Poor Performance".

It stands as proof that Bioware, despite their claims, are not "real gamers" - real gamers would have seen most, if not all, of the flaws and problems of this event at the drawing board stage.

Heck Bioware even failed to see the "character slot" issue - it took the uproar of the "coming soon" post about the event to highlight that issue.

The problems with bind rules and collections show that this event is about a cash grab - giving us part sets that we then have to play the CC/GTN game to complete, thus driving Cartel Pack sales.

In short it stands for everything that is shabby, shortsighted and wholly unimaginative about the MMORPG industry.

All The Best

Whilst I agreed it was completely poorly planned it could be argued that they stuffed it up so bad because they are gamers, too busy gaming instead of planning. :p

As I mentioned previously I don't see how this is as much a cash grab as people think it is.

Considering they could have made tons more money just making the event many expected ( "we'll record all the point over D/L points in game over time - winning side determines what new comp all subs get for their reward" ) with even less effort than this and instead made the pack a special DvL event CM only pack ...

Second to this ... for this cash grab to even work the whole BoP thing shoots them in the foot. People can't unlock it for collections if they can't get the set and they can't even get the set from the CM anymore from packs.

The GTN sure but for 99% of the players 20 million+ for these rare items is unobtainable so that's 99% of the population not spending CC on collection unlocks.

Most likely this was the best they could come up with in regards to content to tide people over after KoTFE ends whilst severely under resourced ( so no new content ), they did want to make some revenue ( they are a business, not a charity after all ) and the piss poor planning point stands.

I feel they hoped to reinvigorate some life back into the game best they could ( whilst being under resourced ) and for the most part it's been successful as I haven't seen levelling planets so full in a long time.

Did they target it at casual players, new players and players who haven't done everything in the game? Of course they did because they can't target the "be done there done that" crowd anymore without making brand new content ( repeatable time sink content at that ) and it's becoming blatantly obvious that's not going to happen for whatever reason we want to conclude ( I go with the under resourced assumption personally ).

In the end you either enjoy the event ( I am personally, didn't think I would but levelling a new main to replace my current one is appealing ) or you don't ... in which case you either get enjoyment from doing what you usually do you don't ... in which case you should really just leave and find something else enjoyable to do because what point is there hanging around a game that annoys you and doesn't bring you enjoyment?

Where I say "you" I' am generalizing to anyone reading too - not just you. :p

Oh, look. Another event supporter that is resorting to petty insults towards those that don't like the event. Speaking of "self righteous" and "can't form a well reasoned argument."

Petty insults would get my post removed yet there it is ...

Try again. ;)

This is going to be a dumb question, and perhaps pointing out my ignorance of BoL works...but

I am aware that once we get our pioneer set armor (first at lvl 50) once we equip it (even as cosmetic) it is bound -- this means that our other toons cannnot share it right?

I'm only asking because I wanted to have my MAIN wear the pioneer set, instead of my DvL toon. Is the only way to do that, is to send the set to my main after i receive the pioneer set? (any and all pieces)

I got a bit confused because i thought that the pioneer set is rewarded to ALL toons, kind of like how the HK-rewards were in the mail boxes of each toon we had.

This is going to be a dumb question, and perhaps pointing out my ignorance of BoL works...but

I am aware that once we get our pioneer set armor (first at lvl 50) once we equip it (even as cosmetic) it is bound -- this means that our other toons cannnot share it right?

I'm only asking because I wanted to have my MAIN wear the pioneer set, instead of my DvL toon. Is the only way to do that, is to send the set to my main after i receive the pioneer set? (any and all pieces)

I got a bit confused because i thought that the pioneer set is rewarded to ALL toons, kind of like how the HK-rewards were in the mail boxes of each toon we had.

It is Bound to Legacy, even after you equip it to one character, you can unequip it and mail it to a different character in your legacy or place it in your legacy hold, to be picked up by a different character in your legacy.

This is how all legacy armor works, incidentally - you can get legacy armor sets and weapons from other places as well.

The interesting thing is that you can move around "bound" mods this way - the BoL of the armor or weapon "overrides" the "bound" flag on the individual mods - because only the container is checked.

It is Bound to Legacy, even after you equip it to one character, you can unequip it and mail it to a different character in your legacy or place it in your legacy hold, to be picked up by a different character in your legacy.

This is how all legacy armor works, incidentally - you can get legacy armor sets and weapons from other places as well.

The interesting thing is that you can move around "bound" mods this way - the BoL of the armor or weapon "overrides" the "bound" flag on the individual mods - because only the container is checked.

Wow thanks! :D is the pioneer set BoL?? That would mean I can wear it on my other toons!!

Quick question : can i unlock champion or eternal reward or i need to wait for the 16th chapter to come out?

You have to wait until CH.XVI to release to get champion and eternal. Champ requires Ch.XVI and Eternal requires Champ

What are you going to do with dead servers like THE BASTION? Wouldn't be able to form a pug or even do the starfighter objectives without waiting hours for queue times to form and the place is literally irrelevant now with changes to PvE and PvE.

Quite frankly these servers are too sparse and unless you have cross realms a huge merge into specific servers is required to make this event fun.

Hey, I have a question, if I create to characters, both a sith and a Jedi, and complete the requirements for the event with both of them, will I recieve the two companions and each reward?

You will only get one type of comapnion based on if light or dark wins but every character can get that companion if you qualified for the reward.

You only get the other rewards on the characters that finished that tiers reward. Not so sure about the rewards hadned out at the end of the event, possibly to all characters of the legacy.

You will only get one type of comapnion based on if light or dark wins but every character can get that companion if you qualified for the reward.

You only get the other rewards on the characters that finished that tiers reward. Not so sure about the rewards hadned out at the end of the event, possibly to all characters of the legacy.

All on account, not just legacy.

I'm just realized you can't complete Champion and Eternal levels until Chap 16 comes out. Why? Guildy is nearly done all the Champion and Eternal levels, so has to wait till next Chapter comes out to get the rewards. Not cool! :mad:

I'm just realized you can't complete Champion and Eternal levels until Chap 16 comes out. Why? Guildy is nearly done all the Champion and Eternal levels, so has to wait till next Chapter comes out to get the rewards. Not cool! :mad:

Diddums.

Why is this not cool? The story is not done yet.

And -this is not an attack, just a question- what is the point of crushing the event within the first couple of weeks when it lasts for months and the main rewards won't be handed out until later anyway? :t_confused: You won't even get bragging rights because you won't have the rewards.

Why is this not cool? The story is not done yet.

And -this is not an attack, just a question- what is the point of crushing the event within the first couple of weeks when it lasts for months and the main rewards won't be handed out until later anyway? :t_confused: You won't even get bragging rights because you won't have the rewards.

I'm not crushing the event at all just would've liked some warning hey look you won't be able to finish this level until chap 16 comes out. I'm loving the event loved the gear that came with heroic and legacy tiers. But just some clarity would've been appreciated! Thats my gripe not the Event.

I'm not crushing the event at all just would've liked some warning hey look you won't be able to finish this level until chap 16 comes out. I'm loving the event loved the gear that came with heroic and legacy tiers. But just some clarity would've been appreciated! Thats my gripe not the Event.

Some warning? Sort of like how it says you need to finish through to chapter 16 in the description for that tier?

You can't really blame Bioware for the fact you didn't read the requirements correctly.

Some warning? Sort of like how it says you need to finish through to chapter 16 in the description for that tier?

You can't really blame Bioware for the fact you didn't read the requirements correctly.

Do you work for them? Sounds like it!