The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

http://www.swtor.com/blog/heroic-level-guide

'Once your Character reaches level 25, you will receive the Achievement “Dark vs Light: The Story Begins” to note that you have completed this objective. '

All of the levels have a guide that breaks down all of the challenges behind a spoiler. Every spoiler ends with it unlocking an achievement.

http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light/rewards

thanks dude. And do you make a new character? Or keep leveling up? Thanks again

Edited by OPRaider

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't even mind this event being tied to existing content while being retroactive if it didn't require litterary every. friggin. thing. in. the. game. done. AGAIN.

There are asian grindfest mmos out there that are going "daaaaaaayumn BW" right now.

Friggin soul crushing this is.

I wouldn't even mind this event being tied to existing content while being retroactive if it didn't require litterary every. friggin. thing. in. the. game. done. AGAIN.

There are asian grindfest mmos out there that are going "daaaaaaayumn BW" right now.

Well if you want cool stuff you should try it and you never know you might enjoy playing the game one last time.

And here I thought I was overreacting but when I read a post like this from you, who is always been respectful and kind it makes me think maybe I wasn't.

I'm sorry. But I really am pretty angry about this. I can't even...Sorry. I gotta get away from here for a while. I haven't been this livid about something in a long time. This is just... :(:mad:

Edited by Lunafox

I wouldn't even mind if this was an open ended thing, but doing all of this until the end of the year would turn it into a second job for me instead of a game I play to relax and have fun.

Exactly...then I read ALL THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS for the legendary part of it. I might have been reluctantly persuaded to lvl 8 more, but there is NO WAY in HELL I'm doing that grocery list. I can't even. So I guess this is them saying **** YOU to a player that's been here since before launch.

thanks for nothing Bioware. At the very least...you could have let us choose...say 10 of the things on the grocery list...but every single one? That's not even possible. I really HATE you people right now.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

exactly. Why has it to be such an endless grocery list? Why not let us choose which of the achievements we'd like to pick? Considering the time limit, even if players really wanted to participate, who could finish them all?

They are killing their own subscription model with this - this is a no-life task and everyone willl be burned out on the game after finishing it. I liked about SWTOR that it was laid back, playing at my own pace. Sure, there are some events, but they're not endless grocery lists and would return within a few months so I could still complete them at my leisure.

Edited by Psykrom

Lets start this off with a classic *golfclaps*

Well done Bioware once again you have managed to **** over your selves like a bunch of baby's and the process spilling it onto the community....

the fact ...you put your player base in the position to even have to play on a different server to get a bunch of reward is outrageous.. ...with the setup of this event and only making characters eligible that are made on or after the 28th you literally **** all over the players that have supported your game since release ...

I strongly urge the people at bioware to closely look at how the fanbase reacts to this utterly mental idea and while you guys at it , tie the guy who made this up to a chair and smash his ********s -_-.

Worthless way to treat people who have supported and invested in the game since launch ,so on that note

**** you bioware

1. Start at 60 characters do not count. Only level 1 characters will be created as event characters.
  2. Correct, you only need to hit level 50. Class story is not required.
  3. You can use the legacy unlock for HK-51, you do not need to re-complete the mission if you did it before.

Eric, can you guys give us a way to roll back our level to 1 (or count characters under a certain threshold)and flag us for the event on characters? It really sucks that I just made a new character and spent millions on an outfit and dyes a month ago during the last double xp event and took him to level 30. Now I have like zero desire to finish leveling him since I'll need to start at 1 with a bunch of new characters. I imagine I'm not he only one in this boat.

Wait... did I just read that one of the requirements for full completion is to get a Stronghold using the intro quest?

So if we already have 5 strongholds, we HAVE to do this on another server?

:mad:

You can still do the quest, and go to your stronghold and it will complete the quest. You don't need to buy a new one.

I'm sorry. But I really am pretty angry about this. I can't even...Sorry. I gotta get away from here for a while. I haven't been this livid about something in a long time. This is just... :(:mad:

You have nothing to be sorry for. Have a good day.

Wait... did I just read that one of the requirements for full completion is to get a Stronghold using the intro quest?

So if we already have 5 strongholds, we HAVE to do this on another server?

No, you don't need to get a new Stronghold if you already own one. If you already have one or more, just talk to Pargon Sisto on your new character to get the Introduction To Strongholds mission, then travel to a Stronghold that you already own. You might have to take a few steps into the Stronghold to complete the mission.

Statement: These forums are a very very toxic place. Remember to apply the proper ointments and other medical aids in their proper locations at their prescribed doses.

Hmm, it should have been decently easy with that gear and companion, though you should really turn in more crystals for 216 and 220 gear. Were you in dps spec?

If you're on shadowlands I could help you learn it. Have you tried any other classes? Different people will find different classes easier. Sorc might be a good choice: Ranged and self heals.

yes dps spec ( jugg, veng ) .Thanks for offer but I am on JC. No to the different classes, may try with my sorc lightning. may have better luck

thanks dude. And do you make a new character? Or keep leveling up? Thanks again

The dev tracker has the official answers given so far http://www.swtor.com/community/devtracker.php

Essentially you need to make a new character on or after the 28th of June, you'll know it is part of the event because it will have a logo on the character icon.

Still waiting on official confirmation if you have to unlock the achievements in order but it has been stated that you only have to hit the achievement, once it's been granted you van delete that character.

So, if you can unlock achievements in any order you could effectively get all the levelling unlocks done through one character slot you recycle.

Light Side Choice

If the weather is good this Summer I'm going outside.

Dark Side Choice

If the weather is bad this Summer I'm not going to waste it re-playing all the content of the last 5 years just to get one or two new mounts, companions, titles.

The top tier title should be called "Sad Git" or "Billy No Mates"

...I'm already after wasting a good deal of play time this evening reading the crap that is this event, I don't intend to waste too much more space-barring my way through my Summer.

I think each server should plan a SIT IN on the fleets on the 28th as a form of protest....no game play at all on any server - just all sit your characters down and do nothing (its either that or we will be doing exactly that with our real lives for the next number of months).

:mad:

Statement: These forums are a very very toxic place. Remember to apply the proper ointments and other medical aids in their proper locations at their prescribed doses.

Only this time it's the devs who're trolling us:D

As a slightly more tempered response after my initial reaction, could I suggest to the devs that they may consider removing 'Alliance Hero' and 'Crafting Virtuoso' from the Legendary requirements. They seem to stand out in the list of requirements as unnecessarily grindy and unfun for those of us that have completed such content before.

Considering other requirements are set so low as to just take part in 5 GSF matches, or kill 50 droids. These two parts seem to represent the main aspect that is drawing the ire of so many long time players.

Oh, and maybe shelve the LS/DS competition I imagine that may be considerably unbalanced on some servers/ across the game as a whole and instead reward if you get to the Darkside V/ Lightside V requirement.

This is a very good idea. Either make it retro active or remove those 2 requirements. Because yes even running all those fps and ops and events again its fine, but redoing all that crafting and characters to lv50 with no more slots to use? Yeah, please either make them retro active or remove those 2 requirements. (have 40 on my main server so don't have any more room, and it means that if I do this event on another server I can not get the rewards on the characters I play on)

Edited by Lakemine

Exactly...then I read ALL THE OTHER REQUIREMENTS for the legendary part of it. I might have been reluctantly persuaded to lvl 8 more, but there is NO WAY in HELL I'm doing that grocery list. I can't even. So I guess this is them saying **** YOU to a player that's been here since before launch.

thanks for nothing Bioware. At the very least...you could have let us choose...say 10 of the things on the grocery list...but every single one? That's not even possible. I really HATE you people right now.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::

Why so angry? So you can't get Legendary, what's the big deal?

Eternal isn't that big a hurdle to clear and that's the level that unlocks the new companion.

I am so excited for this event!! I for one love the story. I've been through all the class stories three times (6 times as trooper) back when leveling was a grind. I still love to play the game from character creation to the current end. Now I have an even bigger reason to do so, limited time as it may be.

Thank you BioWare for this coming event. I will do my best to get all event achievements.

For the Swarm!

No wait...

My Life for Aiur!

No that's not right either...

For the Republic!!

There.

Everyone is complaining about this event because they are at the character cap.

I'm not saying that's a bad reason, but I complain about this event for the opposite reason.

I have just recently created my third character and made it to Tatooine.

I want to take my time to explore the story.

I don't want to rapidly create some new characters and rush through a story and gameplay I won't understand because it's going too fast.

And that's why this "event" is bad for both ends of the scale.

I think that people are overreacting a little bit.

It's clearly geared towards newer players, but it's not hard to start a brand new character on a different server. If it's a dead server, it will certainly be easier to do the solo stuff, impossible to run the flashpoints. I suppose you could have some guild mates agree upon a new server to run this on to ensure that you have players available for running the group stuff. However, that means that everybody is going to have to spend a good chunk of CC to transfer the legacy collections unlocks back to your main server...just to participate in this event....

Heroic, Legacy, and Valiant should be easy to achieve for anybody.

Champion will be difficult for solo players due to the flashpoint requirement, not too hard in a guild. But time consuming.

Eternal is WAAYYYY easier than Champion.

Legendary will be stupidly time consuming. The requirements for crafting, complete every HM flashpoint, starfighter, etc...no thanks. I've never played starfighter and I'm not about to start now haha. I'm not even going to try for that one. But I suppose that it is supposed to be super hard to achieve. I have no problem with that.

Veteran players are certainly annoyed by this because it is a complete rehash of everything that we've already done ad nauseam. This feels just like the rehash of operations and flashpoints that we got before. It's clearly designed with new players in mind. I already have one of everything to 65, several duplicates. If I do end up playing this, I'd go to a new server and set my expectations to achieving Heroic, Legacy, and Valiant. Nothing more. When I see what rewards I get, I'll then decide if it's worthwhile to spend CC to character transfer back to my home server so that I can use the rewards on a character that I actually want to play (collections unlocks).

The Dark vs. Light Event goes live on June 28th! Joining the event is easy, quick, and fun; simply create a new Level 1 character, on or after June 28th.

One thing that we all want to know: how long will this event last? It must be for a while due to the Gree and Rakghoul event requirements. My guess is a month or more.

Edited by teclado

Is there anything they won't shamelessly recycle and call it shiny and new? :confused:

There's nothing here that interests me. I've done most of the game over and over , so doing it yet another time for a few shiny things isn't really pushing my buttons.

But GL to anyone who participates.