Dark vs. Light Event

EricMusco

Dear Eric,

I have 40 chars and every char has all unlocks in legacy / storage / bank.

I dont delete any of my chars.

At least (this would be the easiest way for BW) give us some more slots (like 5-10).

So we can make the event without deleting any char or transfer to a dead server or more bad play on another dead server.

Edited by FWSWBN

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As a relatively new player, I think this is kind of neat, gives me an excuse to run through many of the classes and specs that I haven't done before, as well as getting the achievements for FPs that I might not have bothered to get.

I do see how veterans could be seriously miffed about it, though.

I am gonna guess these rewards will all be character bound, naturally.

So the new companion, all of this stuff can only be experienced with a new toon? **** that.

Most rewards, including the Companion, are Account-wide. The ones that go to an individual character, it's not clear if they're BoP or Legacy-bound.

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

You'd have to do the grind on a new character(s), but your main could still get the companion and other rewards.

Edited by DarthDymond

Im done, playing since launch - this is the final insult.

So this is the reason we have no new content right ? You guys , Biofail, have no idea how to run a MMO, NO IDEA AT ALL. Thiis is it. im canceling my sub. It was fun, had my time, but i rather be playing with panda bears than here with DEVS ( or should i say no devs at all - some ben irwing guy who has no idea about the game ) that *hit on me.

you only have to do revan and ziost on 1 character as well as the ops, datacrons, etc, the other 7 ones in the other classes you can delete at level 50. and you only need to do this on 1 character to get all the achievements till the last one.

And what about this:

Crafting Virtuoso

To complete the objective “Crafting Virtuoso”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and reach maximum skill level (550) with all six Crafting Crew Skills. The six Crafting Crew Skills are:

Armormech

Armstech

Artifice

Biochem

Cybertech

Synthweaving

In order to pick up a Crew Skill, you will want to seek out that specific Crew Skills trainer located in the Strongholds & Crew Skills section of your respective fleet.

I already have all this but now I have to do it again on new characters which means you can't delete toons to get this.

Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.

What about stuff from those "packs"? Are they BoL or at least BoE? Not really sure what would my Bounty Hunter do with "force-themed" items...

Edit: looking at it, I assume those are just cartel packs? So typical Cartel Pack policy of temporal bind applies?

Edited by Aries_cz

So will level 50 legacy people be able to do this event or will we need to swap servers and unlock another legacy so that we don't have have any of the achievements? I noticed someone said below that they would most likely add a new achievement tab so we don't have to create a whole new legacy and I also got that impression from the "Unlock HK-51 from your legacy tab" but I'm just wanting to make sure so I can properly plan ahead and begin my preparation for the grindfest that'll be this event.

These are new achievements that will be added, and if you did HK-51 quest before and can unlock it with the tab and that counts as it as said previously in the posts.

Please read everything from page 1, many of your questions will be answered!!!!!

Good question! The rewards are delivered in three different methods, depending on the reward:

• Titles - These are tied to the Achievement and therefore are unlocked for each character in the Legacy.
  • Dark vs. Light Packs and Pioneer Armor Set - These will be delivered via in-game mail to the character who completes the final objective in that event level.
  • End of event Cosmetic Rewards - Things like the Companion and the vehicles will come at the end of the event and will be delivered to every character on the account, similar to the monthly sub rewards.

-eric

Speaking of the companion reward. How exactly is determined which one we get? We need to go full light-side AND full dark-side at least once for the final tier, so we need to gather points for both sides. Do we get the companion matched to each single character's alignment or is it a legacy- or even account-wide unlock based on what choices we make the most? I'm asking because the Sith companion is obviously cooler by a large margin but I'm a light-side player so I'm a little conflicted what to do :rak_02:

Somewhere in the blurb it said that which side wins the event determines the future state of the galaxy in-game, not just which companion we all get.

Not sure how that is going to work without alienating the other half of the populace.

I'm curious about what they mean by that anyway.

I stand corrected. I was reading the larger overview and missed the link that drilled down to specific levels. Thank you for pointing that out.

This is a promotion for new players and as usual, they will not make the "reach level 50 with all 8 classes" retroactive which I agree, totally sucks. I am a player since launch in Dec 2011. This was before the Legacy system even existed ... when they finally did launch it, I had to re-do a bunch of content to have it counted in my Achievements. Believe me, I wasn't impressed with having to re-do a bunch of crap I hated just for an achievement but I did it.

For this promotion, even if we do delete and re-roll toons, I am curious to know how it will track the light/dark side achievement if we already have it appearing in the Legacy window. For example, if I go to Oricron on my 65 Commando and get the datacron, will I be credited with the achievement? I will assume that perhaps it will appear in the main Datacron window but not for the specific event related achievement.

One person stated that we could jump to a new server and create a new legacy and start fresh but it's not going to show on the Legacy we've already worked hard for. While we can still roll new toons, participate and get some of the achievements, I have to agree, the long-term subs really are excluded from participating fully.

Reach Level 50 with all 8 classes

Earn 1M Credits on a Character

Reach Dark 5 Alignment

Reach Light 5 Alignment

Kill 5 Specific World Bosses

Kill 5 Specific Operations Bosses

Complete all Hard Mode Flashpoints

Complete the Eternal Championship

….and more!

http://www.swtor.com/dark-vs-light/rewards

I stand corrected. I was reading the larger overview and missed the link that drilled down to specific levels. Thank you for pointing that out.

This is a promotion for new players and as usual, they will not make the "reach level 50 with all 8 classes" retroactive which I agree, totally sucks. I am a player since launch in Dec 2011. This was before the Legacy system even existed ... when they finally did launch it, I had to re-do a bunch of content to have it counted in my Achievements. Believe me, I wasn't impressed with having to re-do a bunch of crap I hated just for an achievement but I did it.

For this promotion, even if we do delete and re-roll toons, I am curious to know how it will track the light/dark side achievement if we already have it appearing in the Legacy window. For example, if I go to Oricron on my 65 Commando and get the datacron, will I be credited with the achievement? I will assume that perhaps it will appear in the main Datacron window but not for the specific event related achievement.

One person stated that we could jump to a new server and create a new legacy and start fresh but it's not going to show on the Legacy we've already worked hard for. While we can still roll new toons, participate and get some of the achievements, I have to agree, the long-term subs really are excluded from participating fully.

Re-rolling toons will also be a problem with one of the achievments:

Crafting Virtuoso

To complete the objective “Crafting Virtuoso”, you must take a Dark vs. Light event character and reach maximum skill level (550) with all six Crafting Crew Skills. The six Crafting Crew Skills are:

Armormech

Armstech

Artifice

Biochem

Cybertech

Synthweaving

In order to pick up a Crew Skill, you will want to seek out that specific Crew Skills trainer located in the Strongholds & Crew Skills section of your respective fleet.

And what about this:

Crafting Virtuoso

Armormech

Armstech

Artifice

Biochem

Cybertech

Synthweaving

I already have all this but now I have to do it again on new characters which means you can't delete toons to get this.

Crafting is really simple, to get to 550 all u need to do is craft your bonded items, then u can the skill, begin again, etc. that takes 2 hours to get to 550, assuming your a player like me with countless alts, i have a legacy bay full of every material in the game for crafting and just useing basic stuff for the bonded stuff i will just place them in to the storage and use them on my main crafters during a conquest for War supplies grind.

Cool heads always prevail, those who wait for the chaos to cease and the picture to be clear will have less to worry about.

Just do one thing, if and only if you are allready a "Legend" player (completed all 8 storylines) then you don't have to do 8 50's again in order to complete the legendary tier. If you don't do this I don't think anyone will play this event ^^'

Crafting is really simple, to get to 550 all u need to do is craft your bonded items, then u can the skill, begin again, etc. that takes 2 hours to get to 550, assuming your a player like me with countless alts, i have a legacy bay full of every material in the game for crafting and just useing basic stuff for the bonded stuff i will just place them in to the storage and use them on my main crafters during a conquest for War supplies grind.

Cool heads always prevail, those who wait for the chaos to cease and the picture to be clear will have less to worry about.

I already have my crafting done. It is not as easy as you want to make it sound. This is above and beyond acceptable.

So pretty much the people who have stayed subscribed to your game for 4 years, and did not leave like the 100,000 players that did.. you are telling us even though we've spent years doing all this stuff we do not get rewarded for being subscribed to your game for so long? This is not a way to draw in new players, this is a good way to lose the subscribers that have stayed for 4 years.

As a subscriber I feel this is a kick to the teeth for all of us who have completed all of this already spending years alone for it. How do you expect subscribers who have done all of this to complete it all over again when they have work and only get some free time to play this game. I have no empty slots and I am not willing to delete any of my 65s I spent so long on just for this. You are pretty much rewarding us for doing the same thing all over again.

This is annoying. I just took two characters, one republic and one empire all the way from level 1 to 65 and completed first 9 chapters of Knights. Now I have to do it again?

I can't even get passed 2nd round of Eternal Champion. I don't think thats fair to link new companion to completing this and doing a bunch of PVP.

It's very little PVP, just a couple matches, and if you can't beat round 2 of EC you're doing something extremely wrong. Check the various threads on it and you can get some more info to help out, but really if you just are level 65, with decent gear and Augs, and a level 50 companion, you can fumble your way through it. ( I actually did an intentionally bad run at it. Low level companion, poor gear, and ignored/did the opposite of most mechanics, and still made it. Only have to pay attention on final boss. )

With a massive list like this, pretty much everyone is going to have things they don't want to do. You're lucky that yours are only like a combined hour or so.

I'm surprised I haven't seen anyone talking about what really concerns:

The ops, WBs and HM FPs are going to be full of new characters. Group finder is already notoriously bad enough, now add even worse gear/levels and people on classes they don't know how to play. THIS is what worries me. This will take 90% of the time for Legendary....IF you have a 100% success rate. Add in a significant failure rate, and it could easily take weeks, even with a high play time per day:(

I have a sneaky feeling that the fact veteran players have so many leveled up toons and you need newly created toons for this event, that the backlash will be so great they'll end up having to make this retro-active. Because, let's face it, the majority of players aren't going to deal with all that bullcrap of rolling and leveling new toons, just for this event. I'm sorry, but that's just plain stupid. There's no other word for it. Most players just don't have the time for that kind of nonsense. They're just going to give BW a big middle finger. Seems engineered to just make a lot of their stuff seem better than it is on paper for the big bosses. I hope BW likes vitriol, because they're going to be drinking ALOT of it in the coming days. Edited by Sadriel_Fett

The ops, WBs and HM FPs are going to be full of new characters. Group finder is already notoriously bad enough, now add even worse gear/levels and people on classes they don't know how to play. THIS is what worries me. This will take 90% of the time for Legendary....IF you have a 100% success rate. Add in a significant failure rate, and it could easily take weeks, even with a high play time per day:(

Or you could join an active guild and get it done in no time.

I know this has been asked, but I don't think it's been answered yet:

Is each level dependent on completing the previous level, or are they standalone? That is, do you have to complete all the challenges in one level before you can move on to the next level?

For example, for Legacy Level, you have to reach level 50 on one character, and complete three story flashpoints. For the next level, Valiant Level, you have three new challenges to complete.

Let's say you reach level 50 on a character for Legacy Level, but don't complete the three story flashpoints.

Can you move on to Valiant Level without having completed the three story flashpoints?

And if yes, can you then complete Valiant Level challenges for the rewards, even though you wouldn't get the rewards for Legacy Level completion?

I already have my crafting done. It is not as easy as you want to make it sound. This is above and beyond acceptable.

Actually, it is. Just pick up a crafting skill, and send out companions to craft, move on to doing something else. It'll take a couple hours to hit 550, give or take depending on getting the resources, and only a few minutes of effort from you. There's only 6 crafting skills, and you have to do 8 characters to 50, so it should be doable without even rerolling. If you have trouble getting 550 by level 50, then just wait until you get to the 1 that will go to 65 and do all of the other stuff, and just use that 1 character and keep rerolling the skills.

The merciless Darth Hexid Companion or the courageous Master Ranos Companion – your Dark or Light side decisions in-game will determine which Companion reward gets unlocked!

Eric,

Answer this question please as there are different thoughts regarding this:

Is this based on your choices alone or with everyone's choices.

Can you get both companions if you have a light and dark character.

Thank you.

Please for what ever god's sake you believe in, answer this nice lady's questions Eric!

True but I think the point is, why do I need or want to re-roll toons to level a bunch of stuff I already have? I get that the point is working for the achievements and not being handed stuff etc. And really if I was a new player, I think it would really encourage folks to level toons.

Personally, I have zero issue with rolling 2 new toons in light/dark side to get the specific achievements and legacy rewards. What I have a problem with is the 8 class and crew skills specific achievements that we, as legacy players, will not be able to achieve which, will result in us being excluded from that reward category.