LS/DS Event info?

Toraak

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot this was happening so soon. I thought it wasn't until August or something. Color me excited. :)

Excitement is fueled by expectations. Expectations lead to disappointment. Disappointment leads to frustration. Frustration leads to anger, etc.

That's the essence of the LS/DS event. Players will get closer to the Dark Side :D

Is it going to be a recurring event? Will it be rotated in with for example Bounty Week? So you got two different events every month? I doubt its a one time thing.

I'm pretty sure that in the stream they did mention that it would be a reaccuring thing, either that or that it would last for a few months.

I think it will be a Voss companion. Dark side/ light side would make sense.

I'm ready for our trek into the Dark Heart to come back and haunt us.

Or maybe this whole Zakuul thing was a dream, manifested by the madness that Voss inflicted on us. :t_eek:

But, on to your comment, I could see a Voss companion. The only Voss we have is just a contact. They could do more with them.

So... Arcanns brother ... or Revan?

Jaesa was to good for a simple event anyway, she deserves her own series.

"We will not be bring back an existing character such as Jaesa for this event."

Well Arcann's brother was Thexan or whatever his name is so that's an existing character but Revan's brother, sure why not?

I guess it could aosl mean existing from SWToR which would leave room for someone else from the star wars continuity. If it were just a completely new character I will probably be disappointed based on the level of story writing for KoTFE so far.

My monies on HK-59, that would be a "new" character. ;)

"We will not be bring back an existing character such as Jaesa for this event."

Well Arcann's brother was Thexan or whatever his name is so that's an existing character but Revan's brother, sure why not?

I guess it could aosl mean existing from SWToR which would leave room for someone else from the star wars continuity. If it were just a completely new character I will probably be disappointed based on the level of story writing for KoTFE so far.

My monies on HK-59, that would be a "new" character. ;)

Oh please... Bioware can't distance themselves from Revan no matter how hard they try, he played a minor impact in the base game and a large role in the last two expansions, he will do the same in this one.

Never thought of another HK clone however. HK-80 coming soon.

Its Bioware and its hype so I'm guessing its a light blue HK-59 droid if lightside wins and its a dark blue HK-59 droid if darkside win. They may have one line of different dialogue.

If this isn't the case it would be out of character with everything they have released recently.

Diplomacy Mission rewards are not going to affect this.

Again, stay tuned later in the week and we will reveal all of the details of the event, how it works, the rewards, etc.

-eric

I hope one of the rewards will be to be finally get the long promised option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat and we'll get a choice of an additional dark or light side skin for them depending on how the event goes. ;)

I hope one of the rewards will be to be finally get the long promised option to enable chat bubbles for /say, /yell and /emote chat and we'll get a choice of an additional dark or light side skin for them depending on how the event goes. ;)

I have only ever seen Bioware say that they havent put in chat bubbles because they hurt performance too much. I have never seen them promise them, only that they would like to add them if they can overcome the performance hit they create.

I have only ever seen Bioware say that they havent put in chat bubbles because they hurt performance too much. I have never seen them promise them, only that they would like to add them if they can overcome the performance hit they create.

Check the link in his signature...they have promised it...several times. Just another carrot they dangled to keep people subbed...like many other things they've promised, like "we'll never go this long without new Ops" or "we'll keep an eye on balance and make adjustments"...empty.

Please no other HK Unit.

I really would prefer a Comp. like Kreia/Darth Treya from KOTOR 2, that was great.

As it is LS/DS Event i guess it will be a Sith/Jedi Comp we get, anything else would not really make sense.

Check the link in his signature...they have promised it...several times. Just another carrot they dangled to keep people subbed...like many other things they've promised, like "we'll never go this long without new Ops" or "we'll keep an eye on balance and make adjustments"...empty.

I checked his link and the only thing I saw from Bioware was this:

Q: Chat bubbles/hood toggle?

There is a performance issue with chat bubbles and we are working to solve that as it is something we really want. It is not a promise though. Once we get around the performance issue we will make a big announcement about it.

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/06/swtor-gamescom-cantina-tour-qa/

I didn't see anything about a promise only that they are working on it.

I checked his link and the only thing I saw from Bioware was this:

Q: Chat bubbles/hood toggle?

There is a performance issue with chat bubbles and we are working to solve that as it is something we really want. It is not a promise though. Once we get around the performance issue we will make a big announcement about it.

http://dulfy.net/2015/08/06/swtor-gamescom-cantina-tour-qa/

I didn't see anything about a promise only that they are working on it.

While they may not have said exactly "WE PROMISE CHAT BUBBLES", they have absolutely indicated it was something they were actively trying to add to the game. Here are a few from his sig:

• James Ohlen promised chat bubbles to be a "high priority in BioWare's list of things to do".

• Damion Schubert confirmed that chat bubbles will be implemented: "They're definitely on the list. We’ve got many active roleplayers in the dev team and chat bubbles have always been important to us. We actually had chat bubbles in beta, but there was unfortunately some serious performance issues that our implementation caused that, for example, made things really suck in warzones and the fleet. They’ll be coming soon, but in priority, the GUI team is focused first on GUI customization. I'll have a better idea of timing once we get past that. And yes, for people who hate them, whenever we do them, they'll be toggleable."

• So...uh. We think we've got that worked out though. So chat bubbles: YES!"

• Daniel Erickson - "As we come to the end of our big must-have features (like Group Finder), updates are driven more and more by the community. Expect to see far more of the smaller quality of life requested features (color matching for companions, chat bubbles, etc.) start to get real traction under them in the near future."

• Cory Kolek -. "So, yes, we would like to implement them again, but when we do we want to do it right."

• At the NYC Cantina Tour Q&A, the developers were asked about chat bubbles by fellow community member SawneyRath and replied that "Chat Bubbles are indeed being worked on"

• Damion Schubert had the following to say when asked about chat bubbles: "They are on the list." Schubert continued to say that they are not soon, but they are on there somewhere.

• Michael Backus (Lead Designer): "I promise you we're investigating it and I promise as soon as you...as soon as we know it's a thing you guys will hear a big announcement about it."

Again...those may not be "Hey, it's coming in 4.X", but they are absolutely promises of development.

I don't even want them tbh, but others do...in order for this game to live long, it needs "others" playing it.

While they may not have said exactly "WE PROMISE CHAT BUBBLES", they have absolutely indicated it was something they were actively trying to add to the game. Here are a few from his sig:

• James Ohlen promised chat bubbles to be a "high priority in BioWare's list of things to do".

• Damion Schubert confirmed that chat bubbles will be implemented: "They're definitely on the list. We’ve got many active roleplayers in the dev team and chat bubbles have always been important to us. We actually had chat bubbles in beta, but there was unfortunately some serious performance issues that our implementation caused that, for example, made things really suck in warzones and the fleet. They’ll be coming soon, but in priority, the GUI team is focused first on GUI customization. I'll have a better idea of timing once we get past that. And yes, for people who hate them, whenever we do them, they'll be toggleable."

• Daniel Erickson - "As we come to the end of our big must-have features (like Group Finder), updates are driven more and more by the community. Expect to see far more of the smaller quality of life requested features (color matching for companions, chat bubbles, etc.) start to get real traction under them in the near future."

• Cory Kolek -. "So, yes, we would like to implement them again, but when we do we want to do it right."

• At the NYC Cantina Tour Q&A, the developers were asked about chat bubbles by fellow community member SawneyRath and replied that "Chat Bubbles are indeed being worked on"

• Damion Schubert had the following to say when asked about chat bubbles: "They are on the list." Schubert continued to say that they are not soon, but they are on there somewhere.

• Michael Backus (Lead Designer): "I promise you we're investigating it and I promise as soon as you...as soon as we know it's a thing you guys will hear a big announcement about it."

Again...those may not be "Hey, it's coming in 4.X", but they are absolutely promises of development.

I don't even want them tbh, but others do...in order for this game to live long, it needs "others" playing it.

I am a roleplayer and for me not a big deal if they are in or not but I wanted to see if they actually said I promise because to me when someone makes that comment "I promise you" then I expect it to be carried out, sort of like my boyfriend does when he promises something to me or I to him.

If they dont' use the word promise then I don't expect it until they say they will. I guess I just picky on how people word things and if someone actually states I promise.

Edited by casirabit

You know, they could be working on it, or have worked on it in the past, and just not been able to get the performance where it needs to be.

Seriously, there are players who have to turn off name plates to get to a reasonable level of performance. What do you think chat bubbles will do?

Saying they are working on it =/= a promise to deliver it.

I see this as a significant challenge with this game. I imagine there are tons of things they would like to do, but can't because of performance issues.

I am a roleplayer and for me not a big deal if they are in or not but I wanted to see if they actually said I promise because to me when someone makes that comment "I promise you" then I expect it to be carried out, sort of like my boyfriend does when he promises something to me or I to him.

If they dont' use the word promise then I don't expect it until they say they will. I guess I just picky on how people word things and if someone actually states I promise.

People fly pretty fast and loose with that term around here. You are right not to put too much stock in it until a formal announcement is made.