Premades aren't the real issue in PUG 65 PvP

OldRepublicRevan

you, sir, are a hypocrite.

let me explain this to you. I'm better than...let's say...80% of the pvpers in this game (I'm not but w/e). so my rating should reflect that, right? no. because YOU don't queue ranked. only the top 15% queue ranked. so every time I queue, I will lose. my ranking goes embarrassingly low. it's not a reflection of my skill in the game anymore at all. it's a reflection of YOUR cowardness. the fact of the matter is that ranked doesn't work because of the bad players not queuing. you get that, right? it's the lower 50%, who would lose more often than not no matter who's in the queue that dodge the ranked queue. that leaves only the good teams and the great teams. but w/o the *******s like you to feed on, the good teams look bad (like you). so they stop queuing too. now the queue is dead except for the top 2% of the population. why? the BAD players never queued in the first place.

eliminate reg queue. problem solved.

Lol are you actually serious? do you want them to remove rec que or are you just trolling, cause if there is anything that is going to kill pvp in this game, it is that. Just face facts, a lot of people dont want to play ranked, have no intrest in the ego ranking points, so if you remove rec que, you wont get those people into ranked que, you will just see them not doing pvp at all, and then where are you, no more players in ranked, and no players in rec either. This might be the single dumbest thing I have seen on this forum yet, and that is saying a lot.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol are you actually serious? do you want them to remove rec que or are you just trolling, cause if there is anything that is going to kill pvp in this game, it is that. Just face facts, a lot of people dont want to play ranked, have no intrest in the ego ranking points, so if you remove rec que, you wont get those people into ranked que, you will just see them not doing pvp at all, and then where are you, no more players in ranked, and no players in rec either. This might be the single dumbest thing I have seen on this forum yet, and that is saying a lot.

man...

just...

no. I don't gaf why you play reg (it's a G). how can you read what I wrote and not see that I was simply turning the op's logic over on itself? you only read the last line, didn't you? you didn't see a goddamn thing except what you wanted to see. he's a hypocrite. he's accusing players of not queuing ranked while he, himself, avoids ranked.

but here. let me do the same for you: maybe those "ranked premades' also don't like TDM and want objective-based WZs. blah blah end of days.

man...

just...

no. I don't gaf why you play reg (it's a G). how can you read what I wrote and not see that I was simply turning the op's logic over on itself? you only read the last line, didn't you? you didn't see a gosh darn thing except what you wanted to see. he's a hypocrite. he's accusing players of not queuing ranked while he, himself, avoids ranked.

but here. let me do the same for you: maybe those "ranked premades' also don't like TDM and want objective-based WZs. blah blah end of days.

wow I am stunned by your flawless logic and arguments, you have now converted me into a non premade player, I have seen the light of such overwhelmingly logical arguments, all hail you

And pray tell, how dose a fear of losing ranking work if I never do any sort of rank at all? surly then there is nothing for me to be afraid of making your point moot. Fact is arena matches are boring, win or lose there is no point if it is just a deathmatch game. But of cause the people like you will never belive that, because you have convinced yourself that your viewpoint is the only correct one and nothing will even nudge that mindset.

You don't do ranked b/c you're a coward afraid of having a loosing record and bad stats. Don't try to act like you're 'Above' or 'Too Good' for a ranked warzone.

Civil War, Voidstarr, Huttball weren't designed to be deathmatch arenas. Yet idiots still ruin the team aspect trying to 1v1 in an 8v8 and thus costing w/e team they're on to loose b/c of their selfish play style and the fact they're not a team player.

wow I am stunned by your flawless logic and arguments, you have now converted me into a non premade player, I have seen the light of such overwhelmingly logical arguments, all hail you

you seem to think I care whether you premade or not. in fact, you seem to think anything you quoted me (either time) had anything to do with premades. the op claims that these "premades" are bringing their "ranked premades" into regs and that they should go back to ranked except they won't because they know they'll get wrecked. so tell me where I'm wrong here.

So only half the time? So at least 50% of it is dedicated to wrecking casuals? Why I wonder? Oh probably cause as good as you are the ranked are still above your skill level :)

Well arent you the sunshine with your assumptions. Maybe the other half of the time isnt grouping for wrecking face, but rather grouping with random f2p from fleet begging to be qued or the ranked is just so dried up you sitting in que aint exciting enough and you turn regs for action. How would you know. I dont know, i dont know you, but apparently you know all about my pvp habits without knowing me. creepy!

You don't do ranked b/c you're a coward afraid of having a loosing record and bad stats. Don't try to act like you're 'Above' or 'Too Good' for a ranked warzone.

Civil War, Voidstarr, Huttball weren't designed to be deathmatch arenas. Yet idiots still ruin the team aspect trying to 1v1 in an 8v8 and thus costing w/e team they're on to loose b/c of their selfish play style and the fact they're not a team player.

I am not 'too good' for ranked, im just not interested in it, and why should I be? give me one good reason why anyone should even care a tiny bit about ranked? the rewards definetly arent worth it, I could go in there, watch my rating tank and I wouldent care except for the time I wasted.

man...

just...

no. I don't gaf why you play reg (it's a G). how can you read what I wrote and not see that I was simply turning the op's logic over on itself? you only read the last line, didn't you? you didn't see a gosh darn thing except what you wanted to see. he's a hypocrite. he's accusing players of not queuing ranked while he, himself, avoids ranked.

What's your Ranking on Ranked Warzones, jw? Just how far down the list are you? :^

Well arent you the sunshine with your assumptions. Maybe the other half of the time isnt grouping for wrecking face, but rather grouping with random f2p from fleet begging to be qued or the ranked is just so dried up you sitting in que aint exciting enough and you turn regs for action. How would you know. I dont know, i dont know you, but apparently you know all about my pvp habits without knowing me. creepy!

Just another cop out. 'Oh they aren't queing' I bet if all the people that say they play rwz actually queued for rwz there would be enough pops throughout the day to suffice everyone.

you seem to think I care whether you premade or not. in fact, you seem to think anything you quoted me (either time) had anything to do with premades. the op claims that these "premades" are bringing their "ranked premades" into regs and that they should go back to ranked except they won't because they know they'll get wrecked. so tell me where I'm wrong here.

People would participate more in ranked if it was more enjoyable. You and I already understand many reasons why ranked is a failure no need to go into that.

That being said, you and I both know that some people enjoy 8v8s over 4v4s, and that getting full 208s for PVP is really quite easy now so the chances of someone running a toon in full "ranked" gears is highly probable.

I am just saying there are so many other reasons why people run premades in 8v8s, fully geared in 208s, and do not play solo or group ranked now other than the chance that if they were in ranked they would get wrecked.

Just another cop out. 'Oh they aren't queing' I bet if all the people that say they play rwz actually queued for rwz there would be enough pops throughout the day to suffice everyone.

That would assume they're on same time same server. But I'm sure you know what server everyone play on and what times and how many times a week too! After all you know everything about everyone.

Edited by Kiesu

What's your Ranking on Ranked Warzones, jw? Just how far down the list are you? :^

1370-something. 1250-something any Krackerjack or any variant thereof in any season is probably me (does the name in the sig lead you to believe I'm hiding something?). I'll bet you think I premade and hop in the reg queue too, right? you don't know ****, dude. you're terrible. you just got your arse handed to you by a premade and decided to come in here and b^tch. what you ought to be doing is asking for better matchmaking. asking for ranking for everyone and then using that rank to create teams. but no. you'd rather whine and piss and ignore everything that doesn't fit your retarded line of logic. there was a guy in my old guild...we'll call him reide...he couldn't pvp for sh^t. he would regularly tell everyone what was wrong and why we were losing AHG. he would yell at his team for not running orbs. orbs! the red herring of AHG. that's you in this conversation. you're that *********** out there. you're spewing such inane horsesh^t that it's not even worth trying to reason with you.

Edited by foxmob

That being said, you and I both know that some people enjoy 8v8s over 4v4s, and that getting full 208s for PVP is really quite easy now so the chances of someone running a toon in full "ranked" gears is highly probable.

I am just saying there are so many other reasons why people run premades in 8v8s, fully geared in 208s, and do not play solo or group ranked now other than the chance that if they were in ranked they would get wrecked.

who said anything about gear? read the op. he says nothing about gear. he says "ranked team." and 208 gear isn't "ranked gear." it's purchased with WZ comms which are ONLY obtainable in the reg queue. so rest assured, this isn't a gear issue. this a really smart guy starting a thread that -- christ -- I just posted like 5 times in.

1370-something. 1250-something any Krackerjack or any variant thereof in any season is probably me (does the name in the sig lead you to believe I'm hiding something?). I'll bet you think I premade and hop in the reg queue too, right? you don't know ****, dude. you're terrible. you just got your arse handed to you by a premade and decided to come in here and b^tch. what you ought to be doing is asking for better matchmaking. asking for ranking for everyone and then using that rank to create teams. but no. you'd rather whine and piss and ignore everything that doesn't fit your retarded line of logic. there was a guy in my old guild...we'll call him reide...he couldn't pvp for sh^t. he would regularly tell everyone what was wrong and why we were losing AHG. he would yell at his team for not running orbs. orbs! the red herring of AHG. that's you in this conversation. you're that *********** out there. you're spewing such inane horsesh^t that it's not even worth trying to reason with you.

Wall of text I started to read but, lost interest after the word 'krackerjack'. How am I suppose to take you seriously when you named your toon after India's biggest kids & family karnival expo....

Seems to me a certain person only started this thread so they could come across as high and mighty by flaunting their "supposed" prowess in ranked. I say supposed because we all know that rank could have been earned on the backs of people hacking or queue syncing.

This whole seasons ranks are pointless because they've been tainted. Maybe the OP did earn their rank, maybe they didn't, but this thread is obviously just about the ego of that person. All the OP has done is put people down and attack them all thread. It obviouse it was created as a troll attempt, a pretty bad one.

I can't actually see what they've been writing, except in the quotes from others as I used /ignore for that person after it became apparent that the person just wanted to troll me and others in other threads by what I wrote here.

Yep. They think all premade players are jobles antisocials and/or 14 year old ugly kids with no real life.

They pretty much are. What the premades hate most and what you can do to spoil their fun is simply leave when you see them appear over the horizon. Since Bioware doesn't have anyone at the helm of their neglected PVP content (probably laid off with the GSF folks) it's best to just be ready to instantly leave the second you see the middle school kids show up at the grade school playground looking for a fight.

They pretty much are. What the premades hate most and what you can do to spoil their fun is simply leave when you see them appear over the horizon. Since Bioware doesn't have anyone at the helm of their neglected PVP content (probably laid off with the GSF folks) it's best to just be ready to instantly leave the second you see the middle school kids show up at the grade school playground looking for a fight.

Not all Premades are like that. It's mainly the troll ones that are the issue. Most just normal Premades just want to have fun with other pvpers or friends and not be thrown in with a bunch of fools who don't know their head from their backside.

Sure if you see one of those troll Premades, their guilds usually give them away and if you play a lot of PVP, you'll get to know who they are. An example would be if you named your guild Premade and trolled regs :rolleyes: . If you feel the need at that point to leave, then go for it. But give other Premades a chance, most aren't like that. Most aren't on voice chat, most aren't a premade trinity. What they are is pvpers and not noobs.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

Not all Premades are like that. It's mainly the troll ones that are the issue. Most just normal Premades just want to have fun with other pvpers or friends and not be thrown in with a bunch of fools who don't know their head from their backside.

Sure if you see one of those troll Premades, their guilds usually give them away and if you play a lot of PVP, you'll get to know who they are. An example would be if you named your guild Premade and trolled regs :rolleyes: . If you feel the need at that point to leave, then go for it. But give other Premades a chance, most aren't like that. Most aren't on voice chat, most aren't a premade trinity. What they are is pvpers and not noobs.

Not all noobs are bad though. Sure we have far less experience and won't top the charts on anything, but we noobs are the ones left pugging against the premades and getting roflstomped. I only pvp atm and am improving, but if I'm not in a guild no "pvpers" really want me on their side. They sure as **** won't form a premade with me. They will get aggro and rage at me if we lose, or the opposing team gives is crap in general chat if they steam roll us. I don't really care if people make a premade, but until those premades start including noobs, instead of just vets, they are going to be an issue. As for the "hang with friends" argument, you can always join with a noob and make some new friends. It is an mmo after all.

Not all noobs are bad though. Sure we have far less experience and won't top the charts on anything, but we noobs are the ones left pugging against the premades and getting roflstomped. I only pvp atm and am improving, but if I'm not in a guild no "pvpers" really want me on their side. They sure as **** won't form a premade with me. They will get aggro and rage at me if we lose, or the opposing team gives is crap in general chat if they steam roll us. I don't really care if people make a premade, but until those premades start including noobs, instead of just vets, they are going to be an issue. As for the "hang with friends" argument, you can always join with a noob and make some new friends. It is an mmo after all.

Noobs by my definition are people who have zero idea and aren't willing to listen. I have zero problem with newbies wanting to learn. Usually the only way noobs learn is by grinding against good players or Premades. They either get some sense knocked into them or they stop pvping. That's the real issue people have with Premades, they are usually good pvpers and so newbies and noobs really get chewed up. But that is no different to how pugs were a few years ago. When I started pvping after launch, the way you learned was to grind against other good pvpers in pugs. It was more or even more brutal than it is now against Premades because there were heaps of really good solo players who have now left the game. I would say pugs going up against a premade now is really only like pugs going up against a team with 4 good pvpers on it. It sucks for them because they are playing good players. Long term pvpers in this game have seen a huge decline in quality of pvpers and since the Devs introduced conquest and companion farming in PVP, it's gotten worse. Most of the PVE people who are in matches are only there for those reason, they are usually the biggest noobs on your team. Us pvpers got sick of being dumped into matches with people who frankly, don't really want to be there. This is why we have more Premades vs pugs. Pvpers are forming random Premades just to be assured that at least 3 other people on the team can pvp.

I'm one of those people who will genuinely help newbies. I even group with them to help. But they are few and far between. They are either scared to speak up because of ridicule or just don't care. To me this is apparent when I try to give advice and I get told **** or F off. Then there are the ones who obviously need some gearing advice and they are rude or just ignore you.

Pvpers patience is worn so thin now, that helping pug players doesn't even enter most people's minds. Frustration lvls are at an all time high, even for me, that it's easier to rage quit than be bothered wasting your time. Even I've been known to lose it at people, but they usually deserve it because they aren't listening and are the reason you are losing.

And Nardoo, if you are on Harbinger and want to group, I'm more than willing :)

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I am on harb. I'm running most ac's to try to figure out which I'm better at and which I enjoy more. I'm usually the guy running to help at objectives the getting smoked lol. I rarely run 65s now as I'm not nearly good enough so mostly run in lobbies or midbies. You can find me chilling at the pvp terminal on either fleet usually. Objective wise, I'm ok, it's merely a l20p issue, which I find hard when I don't live long enough to work out best attack and defence strategy. I'd say I'm mediocre atm. So yeah if you want to que with me, or even just duel, I'm always open for help.

Pvpers patience is worn so thin now, that helping pug players doesn't even enter most people's minds. Frustration lvls are at an all time high, even for me, that it's easier to rage quit than be bothered wasting your time. Even I've been known to lose it at people, but they usually deserve it because they aren't listening and are the reason you are losing

I read this part of your quote right after a loss in Civil War. The two people guarding grass were a Sage and a tank Shadow, with more than enough time between their CDs and Force Barrier to call out incoming. They did not, and called after both of them were dead and flying over our heads. I calmly told them they needed to call earlier than that, and then explained how to copy pasta an incoming message.

Neither of them bothered to respond or acknowledge anything despite the absence of rage at them and the abundance of advice. :rolleyes: Patience is very thin, indeed.

Yesterday... Quesh-huttball level 65, i was playing solo with my sniper.

1st minute 0:1

2nd minute 0:2

I tried to kill healers, kill the ball carriers, kick or root them in the acid... but no chance... 2 tanks + 2 sage heals...

4rd minute 0:3

It was not so bad like it sounds but the opponent team was simply better.

6th minute 0:4

A merc in my team write: "what a noob team. I will not waste my time with you against premades" and he left the match.

7th minute 0:5

9th minute 0:6

Stats at the end:

All dds in our team average 600k - 1.6 Mio damage, 1 - 4 deaths.

The merc left 2 minutes before: 400k damage, 6 deaths, 0 objective points and i have never seen him nearby the ball carrier.

Sure that premades are a problem? ;)

Edited by Opaknack

Just face facts, a lot of people dont want to play ranked, have no intrest in the ego ranking points, so if you remove rec que, you wont get those people into ranked que, you will just see them not doing pvp at all, and then where are you, no more players in ranked, and no players in rec either. This might be the single dumbest thing I have seen on this forum yet, and that is saying a lot.

I'm one of those players. I've PVP for years in this game, with most every class, and haven't set one foot into ranks. A and the reason is simple: drama. I ran "ranked" pvp in another mmo for years. And the drama was worse than fights in a RP guild.

I don't even keep track of the comms. I pvp from level 16. When my characters hit 65, they buy a set of pvp gear (204) and pve (208). I usually upgrade the pve to 216 at some point. The PVP stays at 204 (can't get higher pvp gear without ranked, I don't think). My Jugg, Tropper, Agent, Mara, and Guardian all do very well in regs with 204 gear. And I have fun.

The PVP stays at 204 (can't get higher pvp gear without ranked, I don't think).

You are mistaken. Take a look at the advanced pvp gear vendor. They got rid of ranked warzone comms with patch 3.3 about a year ago. Even then, you could do a conversion in order to get the higher tier gear without ever stepping foot into ranked. Now the gear is about 80% cheaper than it used to be. You can get a full 208 set for around 20k comms.

Ranked warzones do not reward commendations anymore - only tokens, which cannot be used to purchase gear. The tokens are used for purchasing ranked rewards at the end of the season. Regular warzones for getting 204 and 208 gear, ranked warzones for getting ranked rewards tokens.