Poll: Will you drop Slicing?

halfpastzero

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

People already don't buy our stuff, so I guess it just means crew skills are dead. Only way to make money now is by doing missions/space/pvp, or selling junk to vendors. DOABLE.

What are you talking about? I'm doing quite well with crafting, not to mention selling excess materials on the GMT, probably to people who picked Slicing as one of their professions. This nerf is going to impact everyone across the entire economy.

What are you talking about? I'm doing quite well with crafting, not to mention selling excess materials on the GMT, probably to people who picked Slicing as one of their professions. This nerf is going to impact everyone across the entire economy.

Well good for you, but not even my artifact items sell. And even when they do, I barely break even from the cost it took to make the damn thing. bleh.

No I don't think Ill drop slicing in the hope itll get fixed. But I stopped buying things off the auction house. Its loot drops and commendations from here on out.

I used to spend credits every a day at the GTN to support other players and get new implants, med packs, mods, matching armor, etc. I actually avoided using the mission stuff when I could till now. I have just joined an army of credit horders.

No I don't think Ill drop slicing in the hope itll get fixed. But I stopped buying things off the auction house. Its loot drops and commendations from here on out.

I used to spend credits every a day at the GTN to support other players and get new implants, med packs, mods, matching armor, etc. I actually avoided using the mission stuff when I could till now. I have just joined an army of credit horders.

Well there you go that sums it up. The only reason you buy stuff on the market is as a sign of good-will to support those 'poor crafters.' Because with commedations and other NPC's offering rewards just as good or better than crafters' items, crafters are not even needed.

Well there you go that sums it up. The only reason you buy stuff on the market is as a sign of good-will to support those 'poor crafters.' Because with commedations and other NPC's offering rewards just as good or better than crafters' items, crafters are not even needed.

Before I took up slicing on my alt I bought Cybertech schematics cheap for my main, and when I found those same schematics through slicing on my alt I sold them for the same cheap price. No way I am giving my schematics away now. I will save them for friends or wait until the prices go through the roof, as they surely will.

Thanks for ruining Cybertech as well, Bioware.

I probably won't drop it yet, I'll wait and see.... However...

The 850K credits I have at level 36? Hoarding. I still plan to break 1M before 50, just now I can't stimulate the economy by buying mods, companion gear, medpacs, etc.

The 25 purple missions (and countless blues) sitting in my cargo hold? Waiting for prices to skyrocket so I can make back the money slicing would have made me.

Augments? Have never been worth it, but certainly aren't now... good luck finding good ones when you finally get that awesome armor set with full augment slots.

For the moment I'm not sending my companions out to do anything. I stopped leveling my Cybertech at 150, and my Scavenging is at 250 just from hitting world nodes. I haven't run any missions on it. I may drop Cybertech and pick up Bioanalysis/Treasure Hunting/Underworld Trading, though.

I'm going to give BW the benefit of the doubt and wait it out. If they don't roll out an un-nerf within a week, I'm gonna drop slicing and take up underworld trading.

this sums it up. So put me down as a maybe. did 10 times right now and i gained... well, lost 500 creds. Will have my numbers soon. Going to do this like a good 50 times.

I would like to say yes, since they've made it pretty useless now with a 71% nerf.

However, I won't because I'm hoping they'll see their error and reduce the nerf to more like 40-50%. Also, Augments might be worth it once more people get to Endgame. I just won't have my companions running missions all the time like I used to. I'll just have to rely on physical gathering in the meantime.

this sums it up. So put me down as a maybe. did 10 times right now and i gained... well, lost 500 creds. Will have my numbers soon. Going to do this like a good 50 times.

so far, i spent 16600 and gained 18524. So roughly 2k profit for 388 COMBINED minutes of my companions.

I only got a purple lvl 40 cyber schematic also. I think those will go up drastically in value since no one is going to do slicing in the future heh. Going to hold on to that one.

You STILL get lockboxes from nodes through out the galaxy and there's no mission price for that.

This prof STILL makes plenty of money.

1. To level slicing now, you're spending money on a profession whose primary purpose is to make money, which no longer makes money (on missions). Depending on your luck running missions it hovers right around the line of break-even, sometimes making a very small amount of credits, sometimes LOSING you credits. All of this just for nodes, you say? Well...

2. People have been confirming that node spawn rates have been drastically reduced across the board, and that includes slicing boxes. You will now be lucky to see a single slicing node in an entire play session.

So no. It does not still make plenty of money. It has had its purpose removed, and now serves basically as an expensive (in terms of opportunity cost) way to give your party occasional shortcuts in flashpoints.

For myself, I'm going to wait and see if they undo this nerf. It took them...1 week post release to do this, so I'll give them 2 weeks to fix it before I drop the skill like a hot rock.

Edited by KTheAlchemist

1. To level slicing now, you're spending money on a profession whose primary purpose is to make money, which no longer makes money (on missions). Depending on your luck running missions it hovers right around the line of break-even, sometimes making a very small amount of credits, sometimes LOSING you credits. All of this just for nodes, you say? Well...

2. People have been confirming that node spawn rates have been drastically reduced across the board, and that includes slicing boxes. You will now be lucky to see a single slicing node in an entire play session.

So no. It does not still make plenty of money. It has had its purpose removed, and now serves basically as an expensive (in terms of opportunity cost) way to give your party occasional shortcuts in flashpoints.

For myself, I'm going to wait and see if they undo this nerf. It took them...1 week post release to do this, so I'll give them 2 weeks to fix it before I drop the skill like a hot rock.

i have confirmed the drop rate..used to see like a few boxes every few minutes..that usually had like 200-300 creds. Last night..saw none. I am mid 20's for reference.

Probably not. I took it on an alt as a secondary skill as I already have the matching mission skill for his craft on another character. I didn't need it for what it was, and I still don't need it for what it is, but I need other things even less. By the way, I still average a gain on it more often than not, so everyone saying that it loses money is mostly inaccurate in my experience.

I wont be dropping it. It was virtually pointless beyond being a brainless get rich quick skill, now it's more in line with the other crafts. Oh well.

Edited by Celebrus