Which weapons would you like to see Weapon Tuning slots on?

ChrisSchmidt

Hey folks,

One of the items we saw a lot of requests for in this thread are various Vibroswords. As we continue forward we will be adding Weapon Tuning Slots on to more and more weapons. However, we wanted to let you know that in the current plan, Vibroswords will not be receiving a tuning slot. We agree with you that they would be an awesome addition to Vibroswords, but the team has to work through some unique limitations for those weapons first. It is something we would like to do at some point, just not in the near term.

If anything changes on that front I will be sure to pass it on. Thanks for understanding.

-eric

Good to know, means I can safely ignore weapons tunings for the near term

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

One of the items we saw a lot of requests for in this thread are various Vibroswords. As we continue forward we will be adding Weapon Tuning Slots on to more and more weapons. However, we wanted to let you know that in the current plan, Vibroswords will not be receiving a tuning slot. We agree with you that they would be an awesome addition to Vibroswords, but the team has to work through some unique limitations for those weapons first. It is something we would like to do at some point, just not in the near term.

If anything changes on that front I will be sure to pass it on. Thanks for understanding.

-eric

This makes me sad Eric Vibroswords are some of my favorite weapons. However, thank you for being honest about this it's much appreciated. :)

This makes me sad Eric Vibroswords are some of my favorite weapons. However, thank you for being honest about this it's much appreciated. :)

Yeah.. the fact that the brand new ones in this latest pack did not have tuning slots makes it pretty clear there is some issue on the dev side with vibroswords that needs to be addressed first. Also, the fact that you cannot preview the weapon tuning on a vibrosword back when they first released was a clear indicator to me.

Personally, I want to apply a tuning on my Cathar swords.... but I guess I have to wait for it.

Hey folks,

-eric

Eric, rather then go back and add tuning slots to all weapons manually would it be easier for you guys just to make tuning slots something crafted (perhaps by artifacers) ala augment slots? or are you guys going to have to tweek each weapon individually due to the graphics inheriant?

Was an avid player of NcSoft's Aion and they had items called Godstones which you could bind to your weapon for customization. They also had a specific effect on the weapon....

eg) Fire makes the weapon glow like a flame

Ice gives a blue w/ snowflake appearance

Wind gives a whirlwind effect around the weapon

Water gives a bubbling blue effect

Earth gives a dirt/leave whirling around the weapon effect

Blind gives the weapon a black smoke appearance

Silence gives a white mist effect

Poison a green sparking effect

Stun gives a star/yellow glow

Paralyze gives a lightning effect

I am putting this here after seeing the second attunement being released and being displeased by the effect. I hope that this video may give an insight on future development of attunements.

• 2 weeks later...

The "Kingpin's Lightsaber" please :D

I think this came out with the nightlife event, and I've used it as my main lightsaber ever since. It's my favorite legacy weapon so far, and you don't see a whole lot of them around anymore.

Edited by Wirewolf

I'm sure I's been said, but the Ranked rewards weapons! I hate to say, but not only has it felt like the ranked community is overlooked at times, but to have an awesome feature like weapon tuning not be applied to Ranked rewards is a stick in the eye. Yes they are unique in their own right, but I just keep imagining my Gladatorial saber with tuning and think "dayum" lol. Also, maybe more people would indulge Ranked if it offered the tuning option and possibly unique tuning design rewards as well ^.~

:ph_thank_you:

Edited by ELLERD

The moddable weapons that you get on your starter planet. On my LvD Sith Juggernaut (LS Sith Warriors ftw!) I plan to use the starter lightsaber from Korriban until I get the lightsaber from Visions in the Dark, and I know that many others use this weapon as well, so a tuning slot on these weapons would probably make a lot of players happy.