"Weapon tunings: You NEED it!"

ArkhaanPremiare

do you -really want the janitor making your big mac?
That depends. Will he wash his hands first? After all, stacking a Big Mac ain't much higher on the Ladder-O-Skills than mopping floors. I've never made a Big Mac, but I believe I'd get it right the first try. What I don't want is the hospital janitor dropping his mop to do a job I'd rather my doctor do (e.g., prostate exam?). :eek:

I don't see how anything is a waste of time for developers if enough players want it and are willing to fund it. So, we'll see. If the tunings lay dormant ... untouched, unsought, and unwanted ... then, yes, they were a waste of time and resources. If players clamor for them by buying scads of hypercrates, then tunings were a worthwhile investment of said time and resources.

I'm on record for despising eggplant. I won't eat it. My only eggplant-related regret is not figuring out sooner that I control what I eat ... not my Mother. But, I'm proud to say that I'm 40-years eggplant-free this month. I think I deserve a chip or something. My eternal fight against eggplant doesn't require that I chide restaurants for offering eggplant on their menus. I don't pitch a fit, demanding to know why the restaurant wasted its time and resources purchasing eggplants and devising allegedly tasty dishes for the eggplants. I don't condemn their actions on the basis that that time and money would have been better invested purchasing foods and preparing meals I like to eat. Every Eggplant Parmesan is one less Chimichanga they could have made. But, I hear there are folks who actually like eggplant (those poor, misguided fools :().

Edited by Thoronmir

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Or you can wait 36 hours and buy one off the GTN. It ain't rocket science.

Those were bought by somebody though. Bioware gets its cash anyway, if not off you.

And before somebody says "CM team is different from devs" - this isn't your regular CM crap. It's new feature, and as such, it requires new coding... the same coding that could have went into something playable. **** ops at this point, just ANYTHING playable. Not bunch of WZs that break PVP queues by their very presense. Bugfixes at least.

Yet here it is. Weapon tuning. CM gambling exclusive "me wantz" shinie.

Edited by Frenesi

Or you can wait 36 hours and buy one off the GTN. It ain't rocket science.

They just put out hours and hours of story content, and two new PvP warzones. Take a chill pill.

^This.

And EC is dropping. And they made the change to instances.

So, it's not that they aren't working on things. They just aren't working on what OP wants. Then again, nobody knows what he wants because all he does is complain about everything. :(

I don't drink or smoke that crap, I'm a law abiding citizen. I just wish people would wake the hell up. When DCUO was doing this crap, their fans didn't put up with it. It's ridiculous that you people think this crap is okay.

Why do you care about what other people do?

Maybe they don't need to wake up because they have another opinion on the matter.

What's ridiculous, is that you think you have the truth for everybody.

That depends. Will he wash his hands first? After all, stacking a Big Mac ain't much higher on the Ladder-O-Skills than mopping floors. I've never made a Big Mac, but I believe I'd get it right the first try. What I don't want is the hospital janitor dropping his mop to do a job I'd rather my doctor do (e.g., prostate exam?). :eek:

I don't see how anything is a waste of time for developers if enough players want it and are willing to fund it. So, we'll see. If the tunings lay dormant ... untouched, unsought, and unwanted ... then, yes, they were a waste of time and resources. If players clamor for them by buying scads of hypercrates, then tunings were a worthwhile investment of said time and resources.

I'm on record for despising eggplant. I won't eat it. My only eggplant-related regret is not figuring out sooner that I control what I eat ... not my Mother. But, I'm proud to say that I'm 40-years eggplant-free this month. I think I deserve a chip or something. My eternal fight against eggplant doesn't require that I chide restaurants for offering eggplant on their menus. I don't pitch a fit, demanding to know why the restaurant wasted its time and resources purchasing eggplants and devising allegedly tasty dishes for the eggplants. I don't condemn their actions on the basis that that time and money would have been better invested purchasing foods and preparing meals I like to eat. Every Eggplant Parmesan is one less Chimichanga they could have made. But, I hear there are folks who actually like eggplant (those poor, misguided fools :().

Thanks for the laugh! :D

And, that's one point for Thoronmir.

You should take your referral link out of your signature since you're trying to drive people away by talking as much junk about the game and the developers as you can it doesn't make much sense to try and get them to use your referral link.

You're right, it's gone now.

Umm, what are you talking about with DCUO?

I have played that game since 2011 and I am on the forums quite frequently. There has never been anything put on their Marketplace that was complained about in any way that you are suggesting .

Their Marketplace is crap and most complaints are about wanting them to make it better.

The only thing that I can think of that might fall under your rant, would be the Booster bundles, to which people are constantly asking for more of them.

Apparently the booster bundle is still RNG, which I was not aware of. So **** those guys too. BUT, they made it so you'd always get something new from it, at least the first time you buy it. Not grand chance garbage and trash that's worth nothing. And originally the Booster Bundle was $20 and you were unlikely to get anything new from it, it was even worse than this lottery pack crap. Though actually the chances of getting the best item (say, the Arbiter Saber) is so low, it ends up being just as bad as the original booster bundle.

You should take your referral link out of your signature since you're trying to drive people away by talking as much junk about the game and the developers as you can it doesn't make much sense to try and get them to use your referral link.

Maybe while he's at it, he could stop advertising his toons as "canon".

Maybe while he's at it, he could stop advertising his toons as "canon".

Granted, he earned his spot as the sole name on my SWTOR Forum Ignore List, so I'm spared both his referral link and that "canon" trash. But, really, is attacking someone's signature at all worthwhile? Especially when his words make such easy targets?

Granted, he earned his spot as the sole name on my SWTOR Forum Ignore List, so I'm spared both his referral link and that "canon" trash. But, really, is attacking someone's signature at all worthwhile? Especially when his words make such easy targets?

I'm in a mood today.

What? Purely cosmetic content in the Gambling Packs??? Oh me, oh my, how ever shall we overcome this gross injustice? :rolleyes:

It'll be cool if some future tunings end up being craftable or as in-game rewards, but I'm not seeing grounds for outrage here. (Besides, while tunings look nice and all, what I really want are customizations for our actual ability animations, like red lightning for Sorcs.)

Want what all the cool kids have? Want to look badarse with those new effects? Don't worry, you too can be a cool kid for only 1800 CC, or buy one of our new Hypercrates where you will have a .0023% chance to get the one you like! Edited by Holocron

What? Purely cosmetic content in the Gambling Packs??? Oh me, oh my, how ever shall we overcome this gross injustice? :rolleyes:

It'll be cool if some future tunings end up being craftable or as in-game rewards, but I'm not seeing grounds for outrage here. (Besides, while tunings look nice and all, what I really want are customizations for our actual ability animations, like red lightning for Sorcs.)

I've always thought it would be nice if the crystal in your off-hand Focus controlled the color of the lighting...

I've always thought it would be nice if the crystal in your off-hand Focus controlled the color of the lighting...

I like this. My Sith Sorceress (let's call her Mary Kay) wears a pink dress and has a pink saber crystal. Toss a pink crystal in Mary Kay's focus, and BAM! ... pink lightning.

Please do not encourage the OP to buy Tunings on the GTN instead - really don't want that discussion once more.
Well ... since I've got the OP on Ignore and won't suffer his opinions ...

if the rip-off artists want to post tunings for insane, unfair prices on the den of thieves we call the GTN, then EA/BW should set the GTN prices at a level I can afford/am willing to pay. Let's see ... oh yeah ... "supply and demand" isn't a real influence on the market, but the excuse the rip-off artists trot out when challenged for their unfair prices. Any price above what I consider proper is per se wrong and indefensible. I am right; you are wrong. I'm rubber; you're glue. My voice is that of the tree falling in the forest, and you're all there to hear it ... the tree's voice, I mean ... trees have voices, right?

Now ... discuss amongst yourselves.

EDIT: I almost forgot: Rip-off artists, rip-off artists, rip-off artists.

Edited by Thoronmir

Well ... since I've got the OP on Ignore and won't suffer his opinions ...

if the rip-off artists want to post tunings for insane, unfair prices on the den of thieves we call the GTN, then EA/BW should set the GTN prices at a level I can afford/am willing to pay. Let's see ... oh yeah ... "supply and demand" isn't a real influence on the market, but the excuse the rip-off artists trot out when challenged for their unfair prices. Any price above what I consider proper is per se wrong and indefensible. I am right; you are wrong. I'm rubber; you're glue. My voice is that of the tree falling in the forest, and you're all there to hear it ... the tree's voice, I mean ... trees have voices, right?

Now ... discuss amongst yourselves.

EDIT: I almost forgot: Rip-off artists, rip-off artists, rip-off artists.

*Sniff* It's...It's just so beautifully face-palm worthy...

Please do not encourage the OP to buy Tunings on the GTN instead - really don't want that discussion once more.

No way to stop that.

After he runs this thread in circles for a bit, and this cosmetic fluffy bunny item actually starts hitting the GTN... he will start a new thread about how every seller is a "rip off artist", yada, yada, yada.

We all just need to ignore his periodic and repetitive barking at anything and everything he does not like.

Edited by Andryah