The "trouble" with titles

Crossward

Who else has first-galaxy trouble deciding between titles that mean more to those that see them, versus those you think sound better or cooler ?

"Giantdad, Playing with Fire (Living Legend)" is a fun combination that I'd like to display. However,

"Giantdad the Revanchist (Ancient Threat)" is a combination that very few players have and leaves a better impression with other players.

Who else sometimes feels a bit of pressure to display what they've earned, such as a title, mount, piece of gear, etc over something they'd rather use?

Uhh not really, tbh for the character titles I always just use the story related ones. "Master", "Darth", "Major", etc. The only time I used something different was on my Smuggler I picked up the "Blockade Runner" title and sometimes switched it out for "Freelancer" or "Crimelord". Smuggler was the only exception from story titles for me.

As for legacy titles I usually just use the Imperial/ Republic related ones. "Republic/ Imperial Squad Leader", "Republic/ Imperial Diehard". But again for the more neutral classes I often use something different "Deathmark in Seven Systems", "The Professional", etc.

I have some achievement tiles like "Galactic Hero", "Datacron Master", etc but I just never use them. The diehard and squad leader titles are hardly considerd noteworthy achievements anymore after all the 12x events and the current ease of leveling and the new influence system.

Edited by Newyankalt

for me i like collecting the title and legacy title and switch around to my desire

for example my bounty hunter now using Republic most wanted and legacy title wanted : dead or alive , i think it i pretty cool

but later i switch again to say maybe Crime Lord and legacy title Death marks in seven system

E'nahra the Shadow Collector, Master of Dread (usually used in full gothic vestments + Dreadtooth mask)

Tam, the Illustrious, For Hire (when running an FP or Operation and I'm the only one not in the guild that's running them)

Black Bisector/Red Rhombus, Gree Research Assistant while running TFB or Gree event things. Sometimes Conqueror of X during conquest week while X is up for grabs, just cos. I change titles pretty often, generally based on the situation. I don't try to show off with them or anything, I just like adding that bit of flavour to my travels.

I only use Sharp Dresser. Mainly because very few people ever took the time to get the Dread Seed and Star Forger Armors. Before they added the vendors for the original rakghoul/chevin armors to the bazaar area, it was an ultra rare title. Now its just rare because its an extreme pain in the a** to get :)

Titles...

I have a few

DAD ( why did I donate to the population ),

Husband ( legal term ),

******e ( wife's name for me lol ),

Master ( Martial Arts )

Master Mechanic pish means little.

Caretaker ( i take care of the entire property i own by myself not easy when you can barely walk or bend and you body is shot , it has NO REWARDS )

CIDP...it isnt a title...but it is rare i own it...and it HURTS

LEN

I usually pick titles that I think of fitting for the characters. Smugglers get "The Notorious Pirate", bounty hunters "For Hire" or "The Professional", my sorcerer gets "Speaker for the Dead" and so on. For character titles I usually use the story related ones. "Captain" for the smugglers, rank designation for troopers, "Darth" for my sith...

My commando gets to display "The One And Only", because I got that with her and it feels wrong to use it with a character that didn't achieve that, my vanguard has the "Republic Squad Commander".

One of the funniest combinations in my book is the "Lucky $name, The Unlucky" (my vanguard has that option). :D

I use the titles I feel my character would like to use, so I really don't have this problem. :p I'm mostly struggling with the fact that there are titles and legacy titles such as "Grave Robber" that I would like to use, but I don't think I have a single character who would think their biggest achievement is robbing graves...

"Centurion" Eudoxia Aetius and legacy title "Lance Breaker".

But that's just me and my love of Roman History.

*Dons helmet, turns horse, and rides off into battle.*

~ Eudoxia

I am also a romanophile. And an Imp main.

"Res publica delenda est!" :cool:

I use whatever titles fit the character.

I never remember where different titles, mounts, or armor comes from, so using them to show off achievements is wasted on people like me :o

Hehe, same here. If your sporting a super rare title, I wouldn't know it. I never did understand the fascination with titles anyways since they tend to just clog up the name plates.

I just stick to "Founder" for most of my characters , no particular reason.

There are a couple I still want...

"Manhunter" (50K kills in PvP)

and

"Grease Monkey Lizard" (250 MVP heals in GSF)

But like others have said, I choose one that kinda fits the character - and I have dozens to choose from, though I rarely swap them over - after a while I feel the title and the character are a perfect fit - so why change?

TBH it'd be nice to have them on a big display board in one's SH..... But unlikely to happen this decade.:(

Who else has first-galaxy trouble deciding between titles that mean more to those that see them, versus those you think sound better or cooler ?

"Giantdad, Playing with Fire (Living Legend)" is a fun combination that I'd like to display. However,

"Giantdad the Revanchist (Ancient Threat)" is a combination that very few players have and leaves a better impression with other players.

The only person you are impressing is yourself. If your epeen needs the boost, go for it.

I usually pick one that most fits my character, doesn't really bother me where/how I got it and I've never cared for the whole prestige thing.

I used to not use titles at all but I kept getting whispers about my Legacy name and people asking if they could join my guild because they mistook my legacy name for a guild name so since then I'm using different titles instead.

Who else sometimes feels a bit of pressure to display what they've earned, such as a title, mount, piece of gear, etc over something they'd rather use?

ya i get this. i think dragonslayer is the coolest title in the game, but usually run around with revanchist for exactly the reasons you listed. whatrugunnadotho?

Uhh not really, tbh for the character titles I always just use the story related ones. "Master", "Darth", "Major", etc. The only time I used something different was on my Smuggler I picked up the "Blockade Runner" title and sometimes switched it out for "Freelancer" or "Crimelord". Smuggler was the only exception from story titles for me.

What this guy said.

There are a couple I still want...

"Manhunter" (50K kills in PvP)

and

"Grease Monkey Lizard" (250 MVP heals in GSF)

But like others have said, I choose one that kinda fits the character - and I have dozens to choose from, though I rarely swap them over - after a while I feel the title and the character are a perfect fit - so why change?

TBH it'd be nice to have them on a big display board in one's SH..... But unlikely to happen this decade.:(

Grease Monkey Lizard is a fun one, but it's a legacy title. I use the GSF ones on several of my toons since so few people play GSF and it make 'em jealous. :p I've got a big chunk of the GSF cheevos, really should start working towards 100% cheevs.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.