Satele Shan vs Darth Marr who wins...GO!

lorddragone

Its all very well talking about a straight up fight between Satele & Marr, but the question specifically mentions GO.

I reckon Marr's background traversing the political minefield of the Dark Council would give him a slight tactical edge and a better long-term strategy overview, and would therefore win a best out of three contest.

But I don't think either of them would stand a chance against AlphaGo :D

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Marr. How can anyone question that?

Because Marr isn't a Shan. Unless his last name is secretly HK, Satele has the power of marketability. Also with the fact that Marr VS Skydroids was the only time we've ever seen Marr fight.

Edited by Codedrago

Because Marr isn't a Shan. Unless his last name is secretly HK, Satele has the power of marketability. Also with the fact that Marr VS Skydroids was the only time we've ever seen Marr fight.

EXACTLY! It would be a draw if Marr were Shan...err...Marr?! It takes more than a cute face to win a fight. Marr has what it takes, Shan doesn't. Imps win most WZ's too...that's proof enough of who the winner would be.

I don't know. I think for most part Satele nowadays is a pretty puppet master who stands back while her Jedi do all the fighting for her.

"Yeah I may be Grand Master and have this endless history of being an awesome Jedi but I'll just sit back and pick my nose while sending a very young Jedi Knight out to face the Emperor." I mean you'd think that someone in her position and someone as supposedly strong and powerful as her would be by your side to defeat a man like Vitiate, to ensure it goes well but nope!

Pretty sure the only reason she joined in the final fight against Revan on Yavin is because she'd look like a complete tool if she hadn't.

At least Darth Marr sets out with Lana to go investigate the camp of the Imperial Guard, where he finds you going behind his back. He's always battle ready. He fights at your side on his ship too instead of dispatching his minions to do the work for him while he lounges back with a cigar. He has the guts to stand up for what he believes in when Valkorion wants him to kneel and yeah it cost him his life but that doesn't make him weak nor stupid.

And 5 years into this Eternal Empire war where's Satele? Praying to camp fires and talking to ghosts while hiding her sorry *** at some random location and doing what she does best; spectate and preach.

She might have been someone at some point but she's extremely underwhelming lately. The upcoming KotFE chapter may change that but so far I'm not impressed with her, not really.

When / where is this?

On Yavin when playing a Republic character. Marr and Lana set off to investigate the training grounds where you, as a Republic member having been sent ahead by Theron and Satele, find that Commandant Iven psycho. Darth Marr catches up to you and he's kinda not amused.

On Yavin when playing a Republic character. Marr and Lana set off to investigate the training grounds where you, as a Republic member having been sent ahead by Theron and Satele, find that Commandant Iven psycho. Darth Marr catches up to you and he's kinda not amused.

Have not yet taken a Republic character through Y4 -- interesting.

I don't know. I think for most part Satele nowadays is a pretty puppet master who stands back while her Jedi do all the fighting for her.

"Yeah I may be Grand Master and have this endless history of being an awesome Jedi but I'll just sit back and pick my nose while sending a very young Jedi Knight out to face the Emperor." I mean you'd think that someone in her position and someone as supposedly strong and powerful as her would be by your side to defeat a man like Vitiate, to ensure it goes well but nope!

She ad a war to wage to buy you time on Kass, she wasn't sitting back inside the temple, she was commanding a battle. Plus, her history tells us of all the battles she's fought for the jedi. Just because you don't see her fight doesn't mean it never happened.

Pretty sure the only reason she joined in the final fight against Revan on Yavin is because she'd look like a complete tool if she hadn't.

At least Darth Marr sets out with Lana to go investigate the camp of the Imperial Guard, where he finds you going behind his back. He's always battle ready. He fights at your side on his ship too instead of dispatching his minions to do the work for him while he lounges back with a cigar. He has the guts to stand up for what he believes in when Valkorion wants him to kneel and yeah it cost him his life but that doesn't make him weak nor stupid.

Marr goes because he doesn't want the republic interfering at that point, Satele sends you because she can more easily cover up your absence if any of the imperials get suspicious. What makes you think Satele is less battle ready then Marr? And of course Marr wouldn't sit back, his whole ship was under attack. Satele wouldn't either, she'd be going to make sure all her crew would reach an escape pod, plus she wouldn't get most of them killed because she couldn't wait for the crew to escape before ramming the ship into the eternal fleet.

And again, standing up for what they believe in isn't what makes their actions stupid, it's that their actions clearly were not thought out. Marr values the Empire above all else, so he would not pointlessly charge the EMPEROR where he knows he would die. He would work on getting himself and the Outlander out of there to make sure they don;t leave a power vacuum to bring the Empire to more infighting.

And 5 years into this Eternal Empire war where's Satele? Praying to camp fires and talking to ghosts while hiding her sorry *** at some random location and doing what she does best; spectate and preach.

She might have been someone at some point but she's extremely underwhelming lately. The upcoming KotFE chapter may change that but so far I'm not impressed with her, not really.

Yeah, Satele should valiantly go fight the eternal empire with the army she doesn't have in the name of the Republic that refuses to fight the Eternal Empire. Marr and Satele make it pretty clear in chapter 9, they've seen the road ahead and are relying on you.

Satele has done well enough.

Edited by Codedrago

She ad a war to wage to buy you time on Kass, she wasn't sitting back inside the temple, she was commanding a battle. Plus, her history tells us of all the battles she's fought for the jedi. Just because you don't see her fight doesn't mean it never happened.

I meant the first time around mostly. I know she commands the fleet above DK the second time around.

And maybe she's the wiser one for not mindlessly jumping into battle, for securing her own safety and survival and you do have some valid points I just.. I have not yet in this game experienced a moment where I went "Wow, Satele really IS an amazingly powerful Jedi". I'd like to see that happen. No matter the motivation behind Marr's actions or how you feel about them, he at least has left a really good impression on me.

I meant the first time around mostly. I know she commands the fleet above DK the second time around.

And maybe she's the wiser one for not mindlessly jumping into battle, for securing her own safety and survival and you do have some valid points I just.. I have not yet in this game experienced a moment where I went "Wow, Satele really IS an amazingly powerful Jedi". I'd like to see that happen. No matter the motivation behind Marr's actions or how you feel about them, he at least has left a really good impression on me.

You mean the end of chapter 2 on the JK? I I remember it right...

1. They had to slip in with a small group

2. The team was already formed with no room for Satele

3. She didn;t have much confidence in the plan

4. It was a high risk mission that they could risk the Grandmaster on.

Yeah, and the only thing that makes Marr seem that powerful inside the game is his voice really.

Yeah, and the only thing that makes Marr seem that powerful inside the game is his voice really.
In the Yavin weekly Revan fight, how many times has Shan gotten agro from Revan? NEVER! Marr ALWAYS has it if I don't...Marr would mop the floor with her.