Game has died, Nowhere to go

MadCuzBad

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually you are correct and on 5-22 around 2pm central The Shadowlands and Jedi Convenant on the east coast were just as populated as Harbinger was on the west. http://postimg.org/image/3ky91x92z/

The status on that page hardly gives detail on population difference. The possible gap between two standard servers is hundreds, if not thousands, of players.

Actually you are correct and on 5-22 around 2pm central The Shadowlands and Jedi Convenant on the east coast were just as populated as Harbinger was on the west. http://postimg.org/image/3ky91x92z/

Just went in all 3 servers and used the who option. Results are that right now Harbinger has 2 times the population as Shadowlands, and approx. 4 times the population as Jedi Covenant.

Instead of using some inaccurate standard as far as actual numbers like you did, go log onto each server and use WHO search to get exact numbers. And my results are listed above ^^^^^

The status on that page hardly gives detail on population difference. The possible gap between two standard servers is hundreds, if not thousands, of players.

If the former, it's no big deal, and if it's the latter, then every thread started whinging about xserver or merges is just a whine thread, right?

Just went in all 3 servers and used the who option. Results are that right now Harbinger has 2 times the population as Shadowlands, and approx. 4 times the population as Jedi Covenant.

Instead of using some inaccurate standard as far as actual numbers like you did, go log onto each server and use WHO search to get exact numbers. And my results are listed above ^^^^^

Where are these exact numbers then? Got screenshots?

Nah, that's to much work . What I posted was at a glance snap shot and to do a who search for every zone would just take to long. But I'll post this from torstatus which has the numbers that match the screen shot that I took

http://www.torstatus.net/

Edited by Bakgrind

Speaking of using inaccurate numbers, did you do that once per hour, every hour, for at least 21 days, comparing results to see when peak times were? I say 21 days, because you've got to allow at least more than 2 weeks to see any kind of pattern. Over several months would be better, so we could see where things stand with the server vis-à-vis new chapter releases.

Or did you do that same trick where you don't allow for different peak times on different servers, or allow for people not on the fleet? Or even worse, you have been checking over several hours and decided to publish the one hours results that support your stance? And where did you publish the results?

Also - 4 times the population? Were they both showing "Standard" on the server status screen? If they both were, that would show us that Standard covers a much larger range than we thought.

Speaking of using inaccurate numbers, did you do that once per hour, every hour, for at least 21 days, comparing results to see when peak times were? I say 21 days, because you've got to allow at least more than 2 weeks to see any kind of pattern. Over several months would be better, so we could see where things stand with the server vis-à-vis new chapter releases.

Or did you do that same trick where you don't allow for different peak times on different servers, or allow for people not on the fleet? Or even worse, you have been checking over several hours and decided to publish the one hours results that support your stance? And where did you publish the results?

Also - 4 times the population? Were they both showing "Standard" on the server status screen? If they both were, that would show us that Standard covers a much larger range than we thought.

Its really simple unless your fat and lazy and don't want to check for yourself. To be honest my entire guild is no longer playing this game. I am going to be doing the same. So at this point it doesn't really matter for me. I guess I have finally had enough. A group of them are all playing GW2 and I will be joining them. But at this point I myself am going to pull the plug and throw in the towel. Ive played this game since day 1 but enough is enough. I see this game going nowhere fast and Ive been checking all the servers and they are all in decline with no end in sight. With no guild left and my friends off playing other games, so will I.

look at it on the bright side. You will have 1 less person to argue with on these forums ;)

Its really simple unless your fat and lazy and don't want to check for yourself. To be honest my entire guild is no longer playing this game. I am going to be doing the same. So at this point it doesn't really matter for me. I guess I have finally had enough. A group of them are all playing GW2 and I will be joining them. But at this point I myself am going to pull the plug and throw in the towel. Ive played this game since day 1 but enough is enough. I see this game going nowhere fast and Ive been checking all the servers and they are all in decline with no end in sight. With no guild left and my friends off playing other games, so will I.

look at it on the bright side. You will have 1 less person to argue with on these forums ;)

I might be a little overweight, but I'm not the one making blanket statements with no statistics to back me up. If you make the claim, you back it up, otherwise you are the one being lazy, wanting me to go and do your research for you.

And a 1-shot of server populations is useless, there could be any of a thousand reasons affecting the population for that - could be a sunny day and people are at the beach, or a thunderstorm has knocked out power. Maybe there's a local football game on, and a large crowd of players are at that.

As for the "I'm leaving" spiel, I'm sure I've heard that somewhere before.......

But at this point I myself am going to pull the plug and throw in the towel. Ive played this game since day 1 but enough is enough. I see this game going nowhere fast and Ive been checking all the servers and they are all in decline with no end in sight. With no guild left and my friends off playing other games, so will I.

I'll be generous and give it 48 hours, which is slightly longer than last time.

A lot of statistics thrown around (and not just here about this game) actually reak of confirmation Bias.

I'll be generous and give it 48 hours, which is slightly longer than last time.

Subscription Plans

You have 1 day of subscription play time remaining.

Your account will move to Free-to-Play status if you cancel your subscription and your paid game time runs out.

Ill be back when bioware creates a mega server. And if they don't this will be the last time I log in because I will not play un subscribed and I will never ever subscribe to this game again unless a mega server is formed. So other than that, that's about all I can say. The only way you will see me in 48 hours from now is if bioware announces that they are creating a mega server. Other than that there is a 0% chance of you seeing me here in any more than 1 day when my subscription runs out. Unless you subscribe you can not post in the forums and minus a mega server you will never see me subscribing to this game again.

Subscription Plans

Your account will move to Free-to-Play status if you cancel your subscription and your paid game time runs out.

Ill be back when bioware creates a mega server. And if they don't this will be the last time I log in because I will not play un subscribed and I will never ever subscribe to this game again unless a mega server is formed. So other than that, that's about all I can say. The only way you will see me in 48 hours from now is if bioware announces that they are creating a mega server. Other than that there is a 0% chance of you seeing me here in any more than 1 day when my subscription runs out. Unless you subscribe you can not post in the forums and minus a mega server you will never see me subscribing to this game again.

Thread has died, nowhere to go!

Subscription Plans

Promises. Promises.

Those 5 minute queues are unbearable, aren't they?

Edited by Ratajack

Subscription Plans

See you in 48 hours! Just make sure you unplug the computer and glue your door shut, or else you'll be stuck longingly looking at it. Yes, eventually your need to yell on the forums will overpower the glue, but you''ll at least last a few more minuets.

99.whatever % of players, I'm sad to see them leave, and consider it a loss.

The other 0.whatever %... when they say they're leaving, it's like one of those mystery prizes. I know I've won a prize, I just don't know what it is yet. It could be that they're really leaving, and the forums (and game) will be a nicer place without their toxicity. Or it could be that they're going to be back in a couple days, and their posts lose all credibility anyway, and their toxicity is diluted. Either way, I get something neat!

:D