Nico no longer able for crew missions?

LordSyphon

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had assumed (only did the one playthrough because given a choice between a broken game and Thieves Guild, I chose Thieves Guild) that you were supposed to talk with Koth/Theron/Lana if you were romancing one of them, otherwise joined for a drink by your highest influence companion. If none of that's true and you're just joined by Nico, then yeah, that is weird. My Sorc is barely willing to go to the cantina for the sake of her companions, she'd never go there alone and hope someone would wander up to join her.

If we were supposed to be joined by our highest influence companion then it should not have been Nico that showed up for me, but it was.

Nico being unusable was discovered on the test servers before patch 4.2, but you chose not to fix your fail before you pushed it live. We are 7 days past when you pushed your broken content live and you have ruined many characters ability to play since we have lost a lvl 50 influence companion. FIX IT NOW BIOFAIL!!!! No more saying you are looking into it, provide a firm plan of action with milestones on getting it resolved.

Had some fool in-game trying to say that Nico was taken away from everyone that hasn't done the recruitment mission for him. Which is BS since none of my characters can summon him. And something like that undermines giving those qualified a token to claim him. When I called him on it, he suddenly went quiet, though. :rolleyes:

Had some fool in-game trying to say that Nico was taken away from everyone that hasn't done the recruitment mission for him. Which is BS since none of my characters can summon him. And something like that undermines giving those qualified a token to claim him. When I called him on it, he suddenly went quiet, though. :rolleyes:

LOL...Yeah, I did the recruitment mission with all my toons and he is missing. A game changer for some an annoyance for others. I am somewhat surprised there was no patch the morning to fix the issue. Must be a tough one.:rak_02:

Seriously? They didn't push a fix in today? Great job, Bioware...

Subscribers - "Here's some money for a product."

Bioware - "Thanks, but we only kind of produce sh**y stuff on a so-so schedule and we'll probably break stuff that wasn't broken. But we'll give you absolutely NO feedback on the stuff we broke AND we won't fix stuff that's been broken for years."

Subscribers - "Oh....Okay....."

Bioware - "F**k you, enjoy!"

I had assumed (only did the one playthrough because given a choice between a broken game and Thieves Guild, I chose Thieves Guild) that you were supposed to talk with Koth/Theron/Lana if you were romancing one of them, otherwise joined for a drink by your highest influence companion. If none of that's true and you're just joined by Nico, then yeah, that is weird. My Sorc is barely willing to go to the cantina for the sake of her companions, she'd never go there alone and hope someone would wander up to join her.

The thing is I noticed Nico was sitting down even with my characters who did not recruit him. Do non subscribers also get Nico sitting with them?

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

I wanted to pop in this thread and let you know that we are still working on the Nico issue. We are still working out exactly what is causing Nico to be unavailable and to get that fixed. I don't have a timeline right now but I want to assure you that it is a priority to get this addressed as soon as possible.

-eric

We are still working out exactly what is causing Nico to be unavailable
Nico is a busy man and doesn't have time to run off and dig around in the dirt just because you want some artifact fragments or a few scraps of metal.

When you've got a job worthy of his time, he'll come back.

It is simple. It must be something that is changed with the last patch. :D

I understand your appeal to simplicity, but it is more complicated than that, because it was on the very first build of 4.3 on the PTS, before 4.2 went to the live servers. So, it might be part of the 4.2 information or in some of the backend stuff related to 4.3 but pushed in 4.2 that broke it.

It's poor version control, actually, or good version control, depending on your point of view.

Nico is a busy man and doesn't have time to run off and dig around in the dirt just because you want some artifact fragments or a few scraps of metal.

When you've got a job worthy of his time, he'll come back.

And by busy, you mean getting his drinks for free in the Zakuul Spire Cantina.

I understand your appeal to simplicity, but it is more complicated than that, because it was on the very first build of 4.3 on the PTS, before 4.2 went to the live servers. So, it might be part of the 4.2 information or in some of the backend stuff related to 4.3 but pushed in 4.2 that broke it.

It's poor version control, actually, or good version control, depending on your point of view.

So simple. Except that companions have been breaking in one way or another since 4.0, and possibly since SoR. Perhaps they want to actually fix the underlying brittleness, instead of painting it over.

Look, i've said it before, Nico is on strike. He's finishing all those drinks.

"After this drink!" And he STILL went on the missions for us. Well, he has A HUTTLOAD of drinks to finish! :D

And he'll still be relatively sober when he returns. :rak_03:

Could we receive any specific ETA for that bug to be fixed? 2 weeks passed...

"When it's fixed, which will be As Soon As Possible." Which is what the devs are probably telling their bosses (I hope that's what they are telling their bosses). Bug-fixing isn't subject to timetables, particularly when it's in a system as brittle as the companion subsystem is shown to be post-4.0.

I don't want to see an ETA until it's in patch notes, because anything more forward-looking than that is hubris on the part of the programmers.

There does seem to be an issue with Nico as a Companion for Crew Skills, etc. We are looking into it.

-eric

But the issue has been over looked due to ways to fill their pockets via the cartel market... Way to go once again for screwing your subscribers and not giving them what they are paying the monthly subscription cost for. Rise above being a greedy company and cater to your PAYING customers.