Changing skill points

Zofie

I understand you can not change once you picked your advanced class but how easy is it to change your skill tree points? How much does it cost? Where do you go to reset your points? Edited by Zofie

I found a respec npc in the Republic fleet (in the area where you learn class skills). probably one in Empire fleet and I would expect the capital cities.

My first respec was free but I understand each additional respect gets more and more expensive, could get into the 10s of thousand of credits. On the other hand, if you do not respec for a while, the cost will slowly drop.

I found a respec npc in the Republic fleet (in the area where you learn class skills). probably one in Empire fleet and I would expect the capital cities.

My first respec was free but I understand each additional respect gets more and more expensive, could get into the 10s of thousand of credits. On the other hand, if you do not respec for a while, the cost will slowly drop.

Wait... once you choose your advanced class, you can't change it? So, if I role Sentinel for leveling purposes, I'll have to reroll to be a guardian? Wow... that seems harsh.

Correct and as it should be. You were told in the quest dialogue that the choice was irreversible and were given the chance to view information about both AC's. It's an advanced class. "Class". Not "spec". Changing from, say and Operative to a Sniper is no less different than changing from a Sith Warrior to an Inquisitor.

Wait... once you choose your advanced class, you can't change it? So, if I role Sentinel for leveling purposes, I'll have to reroll to be a guardian? Wow... that seems harsh.

not harsh at all.

think of the game having 8 core classes per side not 4:

Mercenary (heal/dps) or Powertech (tank/dps)

Sorcerer(heal/dps) or Assassin(tank/dps)

Operative (heal/dps) or Sniper (dps)

Juggernaut (tank/dps) or Marauder (dps)

• 1 month later...

why would you choose Sentinel just for levelling purposes? if just becuase of dps, then Guardian has a full dps spec anyway...

Skill Mentors reset your skill points. As stated above, first one is free, then it goes up each time after that.

Each week after maintenance, the cost resets to 0. After the one free respec though, it returns to full price. So you get one free respec per week, but otherwise it decreases in cost fairly slowly. Of course, dual spec will be in relatively soon -- might be a few months, but it's on the horizon.

why would you choose Sentinel just for levelling purposes? if just becuase of dps, then Guardian has a full dps spec anyway...

Two actually. Every class in the game has at least 2 DPS specs.

Each week after maintenance, the cost resets to 0.

Is this actually true? I respecced my BH shortly after launch, and went to do it again a couple of days ago and had to pay 1300 credits for it.

I was under the impression that it reset after a week; would this not have meant that Thursday's respec should have been free, since my first one was almost two months prior?

Is this actually true? I respecced my BH shortly after launch, and went to do it again a couple of days ago and had to pay 1300 credits for it.

I was under the impression that it reset after a week; would this not have meant that Thursday's respec should have been free, since my first one was almost two months prior?

There's a tooltip bug that it shows a cost in the popup window. If you looked at your credits and what it said in your chat window, however, you'd see that it was actually free.