Not going to buy the new pack if it is 80% Chance cube drop rate again.

Magnusheart

Some of the new packs picture goodies are on dulfy. Noticed the chance cube in the bottom left corner, unless they horribly nerfed its drop rate to where we can actually get stuff in the pack like we are trying, I'm gonna hold off and save up to binge on this HK Alliance pack I smell in the list.

I agree, if the droprate is the same on the chance cube I will not buy a hypercrate.

They should have picked up on the massive feedback on the latest pack.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Grand Chance Cubes have resulted in a huge influx of varied Cartel Market armor hitting the GTN. This increased supply is pushing down prices, which means that players who couldn't afford that really nifty armor in the past are able to afford it more easily now.

That's a win for a majority of the playerbase.

Some of the new packs picture goodies are on dulfy. Noticed the chance cube in the bottom left corner, unless they horribly nerfed its drop rate to where we can actually get stuff in the pack like we are trying, I'm gonna hold off and save up to binge on this HK Alliance pack I smell in the list.

Sure ya are lol. Until you prove this with actions, your words are meaningless. The only feedback Bioware listens to is $...and so far, this pack has kicked *** for them.

Nerfplop. People were GIVING them away on my server.... No one I know is getting 300k, let alone 30k, per Chance Cube.

Not disagreeing with your overall point, but this statement simply is not true in my experience.

I actually sold 28 cubes at $299k a piece, so on my server it's true.

That's all you can do -- vote with your wallet.

This was probably never answered, but do the chance cubes from Gold and Silver packs of certain varieties, give rewards based on the variety of the pack?

So let's say I get a golden armor pack, and I get a chance cube inside instead of, y'know, the golden armor. Will that chance cube give me something armor-related, or do I run the risk of having paid almost twenty bucks for a ball toss?

This was probably never answered, but do the chance cubes from Gold and Silver packs of certain varieties, give rewards based on the variety of the pack?

So let's say I get a golden armor pack, and I get a chance cube inside instead of, y'know, the golden armor. Will that chance cube give me something armor-related, or do I run the risk of having paid almost twenty bucks for a ball toss?

You run the risk of having paid for a ball toss, yes.

Gratz ... I guess ... ?

Wow, holy Jesus bawls that sucks.

Yes. To be fair, you have a chance to get -anything- from the older embargoed packs, or the current pack. And if you do get armor from the current packs (in the cube only) it is a full set instead of pieces.

But, yes, ball toss is in there too. And imperial banner.

Yes. To be fair, you have a chance to get -anything- from the older embargoed packs, or the current pack. And if you do get armor from the current packs (in the cube only) it is a full set instead of pieces.

But, yes, ball toss is in there too. And imperial banner.

Except, I was paying for a gold armor pack.

Except, I was paying for a gold armor pack.

Ah, yes, I missed the Gold Armor Pack part, so we're talking about the B/S/G packs. I don't know that they would have a chance cube in them, but if they did...I think the answer is still yes, unless they change the way the chance cube works.

And as of right now, it's only the Alliance packs that have the cubes in them. Nothing's been said about the B/S/G at all.

Edited by Devlyne

Ah, yes, I missed the Gold Armor Pack part, so we're talking about the B/S/G packs. I don't know that they would have a chance cube in them, but if they did...I think the answer is still yes, unless they change the way the chance cube works.

And as of right now, it's only the Alliance packs that have the cubes in them. Nothing's been said about the B/S/G at all.

I swear to the muffin that I swore vengeance for shortly after eating it, if the B/S/G backs end up with cubes, I'll snap.

Sorry I'm a bit confused on your question ...

The Gold and Silver packs ( that you can't buy anymore ) never dropped chance cubes - silver would drop silver or better ( of the type of pack it was ) and gold would drop gold.

You so far ONLY get chance cubes from the current Anarchist Pack and that chance cube has replaced the old bronze drops that dropped from the shipment packs ( meaning non grand packs ).

Hope that answers your questions as not too sure what you meant.

I swear to the muffin that I swore vengeance for shortly after eating it, if the B/S/G backs end up with cubes, I'll snap.

The BSG Packs ARE cubes in effect.

Except cubes narrowed down to a set criteria - I.e. Gold Armour will drop a random Gold Armour ...

They will never put cubes in these if they bring them back - it makes no sense.

No, they arent in the B/S/G packs (which arent on sale). Which are a total rip off BTW compared to the chance cubes. There's a ton of garbage watering down that gold armor pool (jerseys, corp shirts). Most golds are a couple million or less, which by my account (or the gold spammers for that matter) sure is worth a hell of a lot less than the $15+ I paid for a random one.

You've got to be kidding.... huh. I guess I'll have to research this. If true, at least they'll hold some sort of value.

Yeah, they are literally the best thing you could get aside from a very few items. Worth far more than anything but the highest end items in the past few packs. People piss and moan and whine and lie on the forums, but they are widely popular and represent a much needed means of getting old items into circulation without being bent over the counter for almost $20 bucks a pop on a gold pack.

Edited by NermalDetonator

No, they arent in the B/S/G packs (which arent on sale). Which are a total rip off BTW compared to the chance cubes. There's a ton of garbage watering down that gold armor pool (jerseys, corp shirts). Most golds are a couple million or less, which by my account (or the gold spammers for that matter) sure is worth a hell of a lot less than the $15+ I paid for a random one.

Corp shirt or jersey? What exactly did you get as I didn't think any of that crap was gold rated?

Corp shirt or jersey? What exactly did you get as I didn't think any of that crap was gold rated?

None actually, its fear of that which dissuaded me from ever buying a gold armor pack. They all show as gold in collections, along with crap like Seberists Body armor and other regular gear.

Should have clarified I got a gold mount pack, and snagged a jungle gundark, GTM price of approximately 1 million. Or you know 3 of those chance cubes everyone claims to hate! Seems better to flip the cubes/items and just buy what you want from the GTM really than risk it on a high end gold pack.

Edited by NermalDetonator