Take the "Shiny" effect off of the HK-55 Jet pack

Evanouss

Easily the most annoying effect I've seen on an item since launch. It's pissing people off. It's making an otherwise very cool item, look completely dumb.

I would not go that far.

Yes, most of the people I've spoken about it with have said, "meh" but they are hardly "pissed off"

I notice there is 3 jet engines on that jet pack. Now i swear i saw a vid where all 3 burners were a blazed. on my guy only the middle one is lit up. Is that the correct effect or should all 3 be burning?

Use the 'mount flourish' command, defaulted to control+z, to engage the side jets

Ya anytime they feel the need to add "shiny" to an item it always ends up making it look worse. Reminds me of the season 1 pvp armor. Decent set but has the same horrid shiny effect to the weapons and armor.

It actually looks good on my screen and also i like how HK-55 looks to way that gold shines.

Eh, and I thought I was alone... :)

Yeah, I'm not exactly loving the effect. It's got some weird aliasing problems or something. It just makes the shine look like a ton of white pixels shifting around the jet pack.

http://imgur.com/VLCJQ47

It gets better with higher AA settings, but I dislike the effects, intended and unintended, too. The shine doesn't fit with the rest of the game's graphics/style. I've noticed it on some speeders, not a fan of it there, either, especially the Vectron Magus' grill has some seriously irritating effects, but it's more tolerable.

I haven't even bothered to claim mine on any toons just cause its seriously butt ugly. Plus EVERYONE has one so no specialty at all. Just another digital trinket sittin' around collecting digital dust

I don't really care how many others have it. It's a good match for my trooper's desert outfit. It just looks a bit too shiny.

https://goo.gl/photos/MjNWJh2Y9Z4vwEt18

Edited by KyaniteD

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.