Eric Musco

Holocron

I know there was some disappointments in the downtime fun thread, and of-course everyone wants to win something, but in case no one has told you, thank you for giving away so much! It really is appreciated, even if sometimes those voices of thanks can get buried in post.

I know you didn't have to give away anything, but you were very generous, so thank you. I hope that you can do more things like that in the future. Also, don't be a stranger to the forums. Post with us more often, so we can have some fun conversations.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with this is only a few of the game pop is on the forums and were waiting all day for the server to come up to play. Getting nothing is par the course for BW since we were shorted on early access. BUT GG notice the sarcastic toon in that...

I'm just happy they did something rather than nothing. They really didn't have to do anything more than let us know. So they had some troubles with the patch, that is not to be unexpected, but I'm tired of constantly excoriating them over ever little thing. Lets start coming up with solutions, or suggestions, and let's face it, until someone is willing to unsub, negativity and vitriol won't really solve anything other than creating dev silence.

Yeah great job at getting in there and trying to do something for the community during downtime, even though I think you broke the forums with that lol. I had to give up on trying to get in in time because of that but oh well all good. Thanks for the work you do, Eric.

Yeah great job at getting in there and trying to do something for the community during downtime, even though I think you broke the forums with that lol. I had to give up on trying to get in in time because of that but oh well all good. Thanks for the work you do, Eric.

I was trying to get in on my phone, lol. I could tell when he would drop a code post, cause it would lag so bad that the website wouldn't even load.

I know there was some disappointments in the downtime fun thread, and of-course everyone wants to win something, but in case no one has told you, thank you for giving away so much! It really is appreciated, even if sometimes those voices of thanks can get buried in post.

I know you didn't have to give away anything, but you were very generous, so thank you. I hope that you can do more things like that in the future. Also, don't be a stranger to the forums. Post with us more often, so we can have some fun conversations.

You're joking, right? Generous? With the newest cartel market pack insult? This dev team needs spitting on.

You're joking, right? Generous? With the newest cartel market pack insult? This dev team needs spitting on.

Don't like it don't buy it ... you don't need to get that new saber after all, it will be on the GTN in time from those that like the new packs.

Also thanks for the fun thread too - it was good to see some interaction for a change ( and winning 2400 CC :D - thanks Kay Zykken!

Edited by MeNaCe-NZ

You vote in one of two ways. You either voice your concerns in an explanatory way with some potential solutions to the problem, OR you unsub to show your complete displeasure and to help show them the error of their ways. I think really those are the only two options that will have any sort of impact on the future of SWTOR.

I thought it was a cool thing to do.

I was at work where I could only watch because I can't lo in from there! Damn you physical key!

This is why I signed in from my phone. As long as I put the key in on my phone browser and don't delete the history, I can stay logged in on it.

Edited by Holocron

Honestly no. sorry nope and more nope. for the down time they need to give out the goodies to all paying members. and no i am not a me me me person. i am tired of paying and getting screwed. and silly distractions like the forum give away is not amends.

Honestly no. sorry nope and more nope. for the down time they need to give out the goodies to all paying members. and no i am not a me me me person. i am tired of paying and getting screwed. and silly distractions like the forum give away is not amends.

I'll concede to that to a degree. Since it was billed as early access, then yes maybe there should be some sort of stipend to subscribers. However, outside of that, things can go wrong on patch days, and it really isn't fair of us to always demand compensation for genuine accidental problems.

I was trying to get in on my phone, lol. I could tell when he would drop a code post, cause it would lag so bad that the website wouldn't even load.

Lol yeah it was a lost cause after a certain point but hey I tried. Not that I cared much but more appreciated Musco and the team for making an effort to make things better while we were on down time. Eric gets a lot of hate that he doesn't deserve, as well as the dev team.

What Eric did was cool. Shows he cares about the community here even if they are not always the nicest bunch. Downtime is never fun, but in my experience SWTOR has had some of the least downtime in any mmo I have tried. Anyone recall how much downtime WoW had? Pretty much every day it was maintenance the game was unplayable for 24 hours and it even had some servers taken down for days at a time at the worst.

It felt like he was throwing breadcrumbs to a bunch of angry duck to distract them from the fact that their pond was removed. "Yay, look at us, we're so generous we give a few CC to a few players". Meanwhile, the 2 days anticipate access feature was eaten away and people were unable to play.

Don't get me wrong: Bugs and crash happens, downtime get extended, hotfix are needed, that's how it works and sh*it happens. But quite frankly, the whole management of the crisis really felt like distracting angry geese more than proper community management with professional discussion. But that's just my point of view, other might be happy with a few CC thrown away.

I mean yes there was a lot of disappointment last night (I'm one of those) but Eric was actually actively managing the community and despite it being off the cuff it looks like he did it rather well, I mean he could have buried his head in the sand and did nothing but the fact he did it does say a lot (to me anyway) and while I did not partake in the thread I do appreciate what he was trying to accomplish.

I completely support these packs, they give everyone a chance to get items they may have not been able to get before ( from older embargoed packs ) and will help bring down the price of the older items on the GTN for those that can't or won't buy CM packs.

I get it, the entitled players who have already collected everything they want from past/present packs and that think everything should be about them have their knickers in a twist over it. *care*

The only problem with that is that it makes current pack item prices astronomical. Considering how many players need various items to complete looks/collections an d with the source now severely handicapped, all we are going to see happen is price shifting. Meaning old item become a little cheaper, while new item prices will climb.

I mean yes there was a lot of disappointment last night (I'm one of those) but Eric was actually actively managing the community and despite it being off the cuff it looks like he did it rather well, I mean he could have buried his head in the sand and did nothing but the fact he did it does say a lot (to me anyway) and while I did not partake in the thread I do appreciate what he was trying to accomplish.

I appreciated yesterday. I truly do understand people's frustrations with the current state of things, but it is nice to see some little things like what Eric did yesterday, once in a while. I wish the devs or Eric would do more stuff like that, more often.

Q F E!!!!

I know a lotta people were frustrated yesterday, but I too appreciated you interacting with us Eric. See how easy it is to change the mood around here? Good job yesterday, given the circumstances.

Q F E!!!!

I know a lotta people were frustrated yesterday, but I too appreciated you interacting with us Eric. See how easy it is to change the mood around here? Good job yesterday, given the circumstances.

And boy do we need some mood changing on the boards today!

I'm trying to stay positive, any advice? :o

Stay off the forums :p

I KID!!!!

The way I look at it is this...after a 4-1/2 month drought of anything, this sucked...but...if this actually does happen every month like they pretend it will, it wouldn't have been bad at all. It's just the gap between 4.0 and 4.1 that has us all a bit upset this morning.

Edited by TUXs

Wait, who got free stuff?

Is this one of those squeaky wheel scenarios? Bc i was super mad that I took off work only to find massive issues and downtime - oh and now that it is up n running, the bugs are ridiculous.

I didnt go to the forums or anything - i patiently waited for a twitter update.

So how did he dive free cc's exactly?