Slicing post-nerf, please look at the numbers BW

Renifizzle

Either buff Slice again (but not as much) or make it possible to buy credits directly from this site via paypal or whatever. This move is only gaining the gold sellers and it destroys an entire profession that becomes alot less useful then all the others (as its only purpose is to provide augments, which isn't a big deal).

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Either buff Slice again (but not as much) or make it possible to buy credits directly from this site via paypal or whatever. This move is only gaining the gold sellers and it destroys an entire profession that becomes alot less useful then all the others (as its only purpose is to provide augments, which isn't a big deal).

If BW starts selling credits for RL cash, then they better make this sucker free-to-play.

Edited by Gimmelots

So, did anyone drop their slicing skill yet? I'm thinking of switching to something else when I log in tonight.

Can't say I ever made any money out of slicing, I made more from selling scavenged mats. If it was like that before the nerf, well.. Can't be any better for me after the nerf :)

This is why slicing sucks (with actual numerical proof)

Popular arguments:

-"You make money by slicing nodes on the map"

>That makes the crew management and sending them off completely broken for slicing then. What is the point of it? Either buff it to reasonable levels or remove it from the game.

With the reduced flow of money into the economy, it will deflate. This doesn't help the fact that the AH interface is not user friendly and scares off most people from trying it.

Who do you think bought your stuff from the AH? Most likely a slicer. If you play the AH, expect to get reduced profits at least until more people reach or near lvl 50.

Thank you (and to the guy doing the google docs page). Nice to have data to make an informed decision. (as opposed to all the anecdotal evidence)

Recently I just switched side (yay the underdog) and from the point of view of leveling splicing (with inherently more failures) it just does not seem worth it.

Edited by GumBoil

Dont say twice, when ppl start to leave this game they will open shop for real money, pets etc... Same as Blizz done in WOW. Its not good what they did with slicing. At least they should ask what ppl think how to improve all crew skills.

If your slicing isn't already at max, there is absolutely no reason to level it/pick it up. Those of us with maxed slicing are stuck between a rock and a hard place...

So, for those of you with low value slicing or those thinking of getting in to slicing, just don't do it. You'll be a sad, sad panda (but not the kind Blizz has, I don't want to get sued LOL).

Now you're like every other craft where you don't earn money going on missions.
ya but every other class gets things to sell for lots of credits what we get for the money it cost us is nothing even selling the cybertech crap on the AH would still not cover the cost of sending your crew out

Every last credit I made on slicing pre-nerf is now going into training and speeder purchase. You GTN crafting-and-farming types who qq'd to get this nerf won't see a "dime" of it. I suggest others do the same. Edited by Gimmelots

Putting my input on this debacle here as well.

I have maxed out Slicing and yes it has been a tremendous way to earn cold hard creds. But this nerf has done enough to bring it to a point that nullifies the whole crew skill.

2035 credit mission returns uncommon lockbox, reward 2365.

95 credit mission returns common lockbox, rewards 96 (yes a ONE cred profit)

If the 2k mission fails, it'll take what, 6 - 7 missions to recoup?

If a 95 cred mission fails, 95 missions to recoup?

Seriously devs, put crap like this through some testing before you shove it on to us. Put YOURSELVES in our shoes!

The funny part is that those of you complaining now are the same ones who thought you were so smart for grabbing slicing. The ones who bragged in general chat about how much money you had and how anyone who didn't have slicing was a sucker.

Who's the sucker now?

I'm not sure why any of you thought slicing was going to be a printing press for credits and never be nerfed. I knew it would be nerfed, it was so blatantly obvious that it would be, which is why I picked up the crew skills I need for my crafting skill and maxed them. I have plenty of money AND the mats I need to craft stuff for myself and my guild.

So don't be mad at bioware, be mad at your own greed. Be mad that you listened to people who told you "Pick up slicing bro, it's free money. You can just buy all the mats you need!"

P.S. You are doing something TERRIBLY wrong if you need slicing to make money. I rarely sell anything on the GTN, am 50 with level 50 speeder training and four different 110% speeders, and have plenty of money to do whatever I want with. You get so much money from dailys, FPs, and PVP it's ridiculous. So basically, deal with the nerf.

The funny part is that those of you complaining now are the same ones who thought you were so smart for grabbing slicing. The ones who bragged in general chat about how much money you had and how anyone who didn't have slicing was a sucker.

Who's the sucker now?

I'm not sure why any of you thought slicing was going to be a printing press for credits and never be nerfed. I knew it would be nerfed, it was so blatantly obvious that it would be, which is why I picked up the crew skills I need for my crafting skill and maxed them. I have plenty of money AND the mats I need to craft stuff for myself and my guild.

So don't be mad at bioware, be mad at your own greed. Be mad that you listened to people who told you "Pick up slicing bro, it's free money. You can just buy all the mats you need!"

P.S. You are doing something TERRIBLY wrong if you need slicing to make money. I rarely sell anything on the GTN, am 50 with level 50 speeder training and four different 110% speeders, and have plenty of money to do whatever I want with. You get so much money from dailys, FPs, and PVP it's ridiculous. So basically, deal with the nerf.

I'm not mad. I just feel sorry for anyone starting or still leveling slicing. I now have a gathering/crafting slot taken up, big woop that is what alts are for.

edit: and it's not like i've just been doing slicing, my cybertech and scavenging are up to par.

Edited by KroganElite

Who's the sucker now?

I refuse to take any of this seriously.

the point remains that from how slicing works now (just as the rest of all the skills with lockbox missions) these kind of missions are not intended to flood you with credits...it´s a skillbooster that is not supposed to make you rich in the process. You pay a "fee" of a couple of creds loss and in return you get a skill point without having to move your butt.

The margin of the missions is ok. The problem is the low yield of the boxes in general that doesn´t make me pick em up when I´m out there. Also the low yield of missions and the crappy augments are little incentive to keep doing this.

"Hello there, I'd like to get this £100 note exchanged into two £50 notes."

"Sorry sir, but we can't do that. We can, however, take your £100 note and give you back a single £20 note."

"That's not fair..."

"Yes it is! You can always go out and work for the remaining £80! As long as you can do that, there's no valid reason to give you back your change."

"That doesn't make sense."

"Stop crying, you baby, now you know how the rest of us feel when we buy a product and get our money's worth."

That didn't make any sense.

How can people think this is what slicing needed? At level 50, any other crew skill can gather rare crafting materials and sell them for a fortune in the GTN whereas slicing just loses credits. How is that balanced? The way to fix the issue would have been to implement a system like WoW had. You have to reach a certain player level to level your crew skills past a certain point.

if thats how u view crafting lol.

1) u can sell mats

2) u can sell crafted items

3) u can make items that are beneficial to u and save urself money

crafting is only a loss if u make it that way.

while I agree that the slicing reduction was way to much, you should really do some crafting..try biochem for fun.. its a lovely craft that keeps you broke all the time. you dont get enough mats to start a production up for others, you're just busy trying to get those darn recipe's, In the end I hope it works out but until 50 i will be extremely broke since there is no market for stimpacks and medpacks yet. people don't have credits to buy my goods, its to expensive to craft and then sell. only at 50 endgame I can start turning my time and effort into credits.

How can people think this is what slicing needed? At level 50, any other crew skill can gather rare crafting materials and sell them for a fortune in the GTN whereas slicing just loses credits. How is that balanced? The way to fix the issue would have been to implement a system like WoW had. You have to reach a certain player level to level your crew skills past a certain point.

Unfortunately, that would have required the devs to *gasp* think or *shudder* do some actual work. This is a classic case of mentally and physically lazy game design.

Edited by Gimmelots

If you use all the QQ to pay for your slicing missions it might be profitable again......lol.

Stop being lazy if you want to max out profit go find the boxes. I see tons of them as im leveling....

"It sucks cause I can't just click away to get credits in an already lazy gathering system."

Even the nodes in world seem to be pulling in less cash...

No way in hell I'm going to risk wasting my time on another profession only to have it nerfed into uselessness ... In principle I can understand why some people are quitting over this. One week in and already something a lot of people have spent time and effort on has been wrecked. It's another nail for me.