If dailies have lost their relevance, what could make them relevant again?

LordArtemis

It is naturally an assumption, but I think it is likely folks are not patronizing dailies like they used to prior to the introduction of the alliance system and heroic revamp. Though the numbers are completely speculative of course, IF use had dropped off considerably, what are some things that could make them relevant again?

Here are some of my ideas. Other ideas (or, or course, leave them as is or let them die are certainly options) are welcome.

1) Upgrade them to offer Alliance crates like Weekly Heroics.

This would be one way to boost their relevance....change the loot table so they offer alliance crates.

2) Make them a source of level 6 companion gifts.

One gift for each mission would likely make the missions popular again IMO.

3) Increase the credit payout.

If the credit payout for the missions was increased by, say, 30 percent it would likely come into line with what you can make from H2s.

4) Disable level sync in closed daily areas.

This would not apply to all areas of course (since some are open world) but COULD apply to Black Hole, Section X, CZ and Oricon. Of course there is the WB to consider....

5) Offer small Cartel Coin payouts for daily missions.

Perhaps something like 2 coins per mission, 10 coins per weekly. Something to that effect.

6) Restore "data crystal" (comm) payouts to prior levels.

7) Add dailies to conquest goals.

Just some ideas, may post more later. Other ideas are welcome of course. I will add suggestions as they are offered.

Edited by LordArtemis

I think they just need to adjust their rewards so they are comparable to the H2s. More cash, more coms and either a prototype gear box or alliance crate. Why do dailies if you can get better rewards doing heroics?

Oh and add back coms rewards for event missions!

4) Disable level sync in closed daily areas.

This would not apply to all areas of course (since some are open world) but COULD apply to Black Hole, Section X, CZ and Oricon. Of course there is the WB to consider....

I remember this being pitched in another thread, my thoughts on it are still pretty much the same.

I disagree with this heavily. None of them take too much longer than they used to, especially now that Section X has had its heroic made soloable (meaning you can get the weekly done without waiting forever for a group), so the biggest difference for me is the credit rewards.

As I've mentioned before, the credit rewards on all of these dailies was significantly boosted by level sync. The weekly for CZ-198 is what I remember the numbers for. It used to reward roughly 17k, it now rewards around 27k at level 65. All of the dailies had their credit rewards boosted similarly.

Removing level sync also removes those boosted credit rewards, which would probably make Black Hole and Section X utterly useless (I don't remember the exact level difference that causes missions to only give ~7 credits but 15 levels has to be close) and CZ-198 and Oricon would both certainly lose credit totals for the sake of saving a minor amount of time.

I still have no problem with a toggle for level sync for those that want it, but level sync actually benefits these daily zones in my opinion, especially for areas like Black Hole and Section X that might not reward anything due to overleveling at 65. If it's removed, we lose more than we gain.

If you're wanting boosted credit rewards, removing level sync would be a very bad first step since the difference I mentioned for CZ-198's weekly was a 58%ish increase that you'd be losing by desyncing it. So even boosting the credit rewards by 30% after that would still leave you with less credits than you'd get with level sync, and that's ignoring the potential for Black Hole and Section X to stop rewarding credits entirely.

However, I think increasing the base credit rewards to match heroics (or maybe slightly less, since some of the dailies aren't even as hard as some of the H2s) would be a good start. The alliance crates on the dailies probably wouldn't fly, but maybe have the weeklies reward a few crates each. Companion gifts would also be a nice addition to make them more appealing and I don't think that'd be too much reward wise.

Some good suggestions here, just don't particularly agree with the level sync one.

Edited by The-Kaitou-Kid

Thanks for the feedback. Does anyone have any other ideas on how to increase the appeal?

I will add restoring comms to prior levels to the list.

I don't believe they would do CC but everything else sounds good. Something they would find reasonable. Not that I would mind getting the CC :D

I don't believe they would do CC but everything else sounds good. Something they would find reasonable. Not that I would mind getting the CC :D

Yea, I have almost given up on requesting a normal repeatable CC source in game...right now one exists, but folks have to roll on a new server, get the early story achievements and then delete the characters.

To me that seems silly. Would be much better to simply have a small source in game related to gameplay for your primary server other than one-off achievements. I expect deleted characters bloat the database quite a bit.

Those are some great ideas! One additional incentive I'd suggest would be adding new items to the reputation vendors and/or having the dailies reward some sort of token to buy items.

For example:

- Add more items to the Ziost vendors to spend memory holos on. Now that the gear isn't desirable, there is little to spend them on.

- Add a few new items to the Rishi reputation vendors.

- Have dailies offer some sort of token currency that can be exchanged at a vendor for exclusive items. This could even be a semi-generic token that applies to more than one dailies area.

Also, having your active companion gain a small amount of influence when completing a daily quest could be nice.

I don't think anything will make them relevant while grouping up as a 4man and running the bonus on a H2 can drop 50k in your lap for less than 5mins effort.

The unfortunate truth is that players need to be bribed to take part in certain activities and the devs tailor the rewards to nudge players in the direction they want.

At the moment the drive is on H2s as a major credit earner and a significant boost for grouping.

At the same time, the only daily/weekly that required a group (Aurora Cannon on Section X) has been tailored to be soloable.

At most the old dailies/weekly areas are a few extra credits in your pocket if you have a single character. But if you have an alt or two it's far more profitable to run the H2s.

Since there is no new group content then make the heroics in the daily areas hard again. Some of us would enjoy a bigger challenge outside of Ops and HM FP's.

Nope, can't do that, got to pander to the casual player! God forbid something makes you die, you do know this game is all about inclusion now don't you?

Would be nice wouldn't it?

Increase the price the vendors buy rep items for.

That having been said, the rate of credits legitimately entering the economy is already higher than it was pre-4.0, so if they boosted the credit payout of dailies, they'd have to reduce the payout elsewhere.

Given that they removed the Ilum dailies, I suspect that daily zones as a game design concept is dead. Much like the starship rail shooter. What exists in game is it.

Increase the price the vendors buy rep items for.

That having been said, the rate of credits legitimately entering the economy is already higher than it was pre-4.0, so if they boosted the credit payout of dailies, they'd have to reduce the payout elsewhere.

Given that they removed the Ilum dailies, I suspect that daily zones as a game design concept is dead. Much like the starship rail shooter. What exists in game is it.

That would be a shame.

They'd need rewards comparable to the H2's.

They'd also need a terminal on Fleet where you could pick them up, and a teleport item. One of the advantages of the H2's over Dailies besides the rewards is that you don't need to spend time in your ship or speeder to either get the quest, or go to the start point.

That would be a shame.

Enh. Daily zones versus weekly heroics is a wash as far as I'm concerned, from a grind point of view. Both are click quest and spacebar dialog. And running dailies requires a bigger quantum of available time, particularly Section X (which I'm grinding rep on right now, and I just can't get the energy run more than weekly on one character, even if I did have the time).

Whereas I can run a heroic or two in smaller slack times, sourced out through the week.

Enh. Daily zones versus weekly heroics is a wash as far as I'm concerned, from a grind point of view. Both are click quest and spacebar dialog. And running dailies requires a bigger quantum of available time, particularly Section X (which I'm grinding rep on right now, and I just can't get the energy run more than weekly on one character, even if I did have the time).

Whereas I can run a heroic or two in smaller slack times, sourced out through the week.

Whereas I have yet to run one of these weekly heroics...