Maintenance: 9 February 2016

TaitWatson

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey folks,

As of right now the team is still working with our external partners to get to the bottom of the issue and get it addressed as soon as we can. No ETA at this time. More updates to follow!

-eric

are you fixing the snowball flakes effect for stealthed characters? when stealthed and having the snowball effect applied you can still see the snowflakes on these stealthed players.

impacting pvp play on stealthed players. we cant turn off the snowflakes. :eek:

Does this not seem a little problematic.

Currently the subscriber reward of early access is in fact early wait on maintenance with no eta. With the other rewards being some what up in the air but likely to be armor and weapons that didn't make the cut for a cartel pack.

I suspect the jet pack and the companion are the two big lures and the others will end up being like the nico stuff which were worse than items already on offer.

That aside the benefit of subscribing for the next 6 months seems a lot less appealing than waiting till August and subbing for one month to play the content. Unless chapter 11 surprises us all with being far longer than 1 to 9 there just isn't that much content to make subbing worthwhile when one of the big perks of early access and to see the story is now an opportunity to see no eta and maintenance window. It doesn't exactly inspire that the new chapters will offer much.

This is what happens when you continually cut costs, re-allocate staff to other games / projects. You no longer have the expertise around to deal with the turdstorms you continually create for yourselves Edited by Loki_

"All Artifact Quality Artifice Hilts now require Artifact Quality Slicing Materials instead of Artifact Quality Treasure Hunting Materials"

This is a mistake right? your joking right? cause not only have you ****ed artifice into oblivion, you also add nothing new that is usefull, keeping artifice as most useless crafting trait.

Furthermore, if you are serious, then we have to completely learn a new skill and level it up, not to mention that:

THE TREASURE HUNTING GRADE 8, EVENTHOUGH WE CAN TRADE EM IN FOR 9, IS NOW COMPLETELY USELESS AND WE HAVE NO *********** MATS TO CRAFT.

Pretty much ****ed up, unless you changed the mats from treasure hunting to slicing and did not mention you switched them round in the patch notes, in wich case it is STILL ****ed up since we have to lvl a new skill all the way to 550 wich is going to take *********** ages.

Hey folks,

As of right now the team is still working with our external partners to get to the bottom of the issue and get it addressed as soon as we can. No ETA at this time. More updates to follow!

-eric

So you guys sending mail pigeons back and forth, right ?

Probably this has been said already but if not:

European players too often see one evening of game-play vanish, or if lucky just reduced to 50% or so. Though I like new contents I do not feel comfortable loosing one day of my subscription fee every now and then while western US players hardly loose anything and eastern US maybe some peanuts' worth of fees.

Why not update the European servers when most of EU is asleep or at work/school/whatever? That would catch these kinds of errors early on but still favor US somewhat since the Europeans will be those who suffers from the errors. Or, turn it around and patch EU servers one day later. I do not know which is worse :cool:

Does this not seem a little problematic.

Currently the subscriber reward of early access is in fact early wait on maintenance with no eta. With the other rewards being some what up in the air but likely to be armor and weapons that didn't make the cut for a cartel pack.

I suspect the jet pack and the companion are the two big lures and the others will end up being like the nico stuff which were worse than items already on offer.

That aside the benefit of subscribing for the next 6 months seems a lot less appealing than waiting till August and subbing for one month to play the content. Unless chapter 11 surprises us all with being far longer than 1 to 9 there just isn't that much content to make subbing worthwhile when one of the big perks of early access and to see the story is now an opportunity to see no eta and maintenance window. It doesn't exactly inspire that the new chapters will offer much.

Good Lord. This patch not only gives us back two companions and more story content, it also has a huge revamp of the crafting system and some MUCH-needed love for gathering skills. Every new chapter so far has done that. And everyone will, going forward. Major changes to the game every month. They've already addressed more of SWTOR's sorely needed improvements (not all of them by a long shot, but still) in the last 3 months than in the 4 years before it. That's enough reason for me to stay subbed up. And more than enough changes to keep me playing which is more than I could say for the game pre-KotFE