Crafting Changes in 4.1

EricMusco

or if you could pin the companions you use for crafting to the top of the list, or drag and drop them in the My Crafters tab.

Really, there could be lovely QoL changes done to crafting... instead of the Mk-8 becomes MK-9 and locking the mats on Zakuul.

I would also love unified UI for companions and crafting, and a warning when trying to summon the companion that is currently crafting or on mission

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Concerning the gating of the grade 9 nodes behind the kotfe story I would find this very annoying too.

A simple solution would be if I get access to the kotfe areas for all my alts via Ship etc. after I have played the kotfe Story the first time.

And I also would like it very much to be able to sort the companions in the crew skill dialog. At least by influence. More sorting criteria like by Name would be even better. And of course the dialog should remember the last choosen sort criteria.

All of this is great. Two things though:

- Could you increase the stack limit for crafting materials? I'm quite sure a lot of legacy banks are already overflowing with mats of all grades, so with a new grade added, we need more space. Having bigger stacks would make our life much easier. This is a big QOL improvement and has been asked several times by the community I think.

- Is the streamlining of the comp list with filtering or ordering options coming this patch too?

Thanks for your time

This. Me too. I. NEED. MORE. STORAGE. You can change the tabs to just a number (like outfits) to make room for more tabs. PLEASE!!!!!! Especially Legacy! I would pay CC to get these. You can make money. Let's do this!!!

Amen... 20 legacy storage tabs would not go to waste...

can we get a change so we can sort our comps by influence level?? We have so many now with only more on the way, that it makes it more difficult to find and use the high influence leveled ones. Huge quality of life change.

please, please, please, please, please...!!!

Please do not force people to play through the KotFE storyline in order to harvest the new crafting materials on Zakuul. Just speaking for myself (but others may be in the same boat): There are characters of mine that I have taken through the storyline and those that I have not yet (and don't intend to until it is available in its entirety). Each character can only have one crafting skill, so of course some of the characters I have in my Legacy are the ones in possession of certain crafting skills, but there are reasons I don't want to force the story on them yet. PLEASE MAKE OUR CHOICES MATTER.

Also, this is further reason that the rewards for Eternal Championship are a waste of development time. The suggested static gear rewards are good for absolutely nothing and are vendor trash that no one will do anything with but sell. Please talk to each other over there and come up with a cohesive gearing scheme that makes sense and is desirable to the average player!

• Companion Gift Missions no longer grant light or dark side points
  • Wealthy Missions no longer grant light or dark side points

I am more than a little surprised nobody has commented on this yet. I know I'm not the only person who has used crew skill missions to get that extra amount of faction needed to complete a level. This is going to impede our ability to gain light/dark side points. This is particularly damaging to players who like to take an alternate path and roleplay outside of their expected class faction. (ie. light sith, dark jedi, etc.)

While I do appreciate that attaching faction points to these missions has long been an issue for many players, I've always been able to work within the limitations to avoid doing missions which would negatively impact my faction. But by removing the factions, this will actually damage things more. I do not believe this was the correct decision to make.

I am more than a little surprised nobody has commented on this yet. I know I'm not the only person who has used crew skill missions to get that extra amount of faction needed to complete a level. This is going to impede our ability to gain light/dark side points. This is particularly damaging to players who like to take an alternate path and roleplay outside of their expected class faction. (ie. light sith, dark jedi, etc.)

While I do appreciate that attaching faction points to these missions has long been an issue for many players, I've always been able to work within the limitations to avoid doing missions which would negatively impact my faction. But by removing the factions, this will actually damage things more. I do not believe this was the correct decision to make.

I think it would be prudent to award more light or dark side points for flashpoint runs. That could compensate a bit if folks didnt mind repeating that content.

Right now I use BT/Esseles to farm light and dark side points, along with influence.

Depends on the cost vs return.

Locking it behind the KotFE story is off-putting enough and a drastic change to the game and hot mats are gathered.

Tell me how this is any different to any other mats presently in game?

the story just doesn't have the repeat-ability to warrant do it on every alt so you can have mats for your professions and drastically breaks what gamers have been doing.

Again disagree and down to individual opinions personally I don't mind the story just don't like the forced PvP if you want some of the companions. This story is no different to any quest passed chapter 3 now. Bet you still go to Rishi and Yavin for mats. No differant

Lock them behind a higher level but locking them behind missions only or a 6 hour or more story many have done once or twice already isn't all that interesting. A story where you lose the companions you want (and may have leveled up) for a set of new companions you don't give a **** about (and start at low affection level) isn't entertainment.

Really you can get all companions back within oh wait you have already said 6 hours. Big deal. Nothing more than a whine about nothing. That and this is far better than hiding craft mats behind Ops as it has been since 4.0 if you want to do crafting which I still have to admit I see little point to it in any case. Except maybe new dyes as everything else can be bettered by in game loot, or from venders, without those high end mats

General profession mats shouldn't be that much of a hassle to get out in the world nor only accessible through missions simply because you didn't run the story.

Don't remember you complaining about mats you could only get from Op's raids WZ Conquests as high end mats are now.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

crafting change are welcome i guess, but where is the Sort companions by influence? you know that which we had asked and wasnt done from get go that would be common sense since we now have like 15+ companions ................. Edited by Kyuuu

While it doesn't directly impact me much (I have at least one gatherer of each skill with nodes through KotFE) I do worry about what effect putting the nodes behind both story content and, more importantly as I see it, a subscription gate. If the nodes are in all zakul public areas then you can make an instant 60, grab the skills you need and just use it to go through the first bit of the story, it takes maybe an hour to get to the swamp, and that's as far as you need to get for node gathering. I'm more worried about availability (density like yavin or like makeb? These will produce very different amounts), especially considering F2P and Pref won't be gathering them.

As long as we can collect yavin-like amounts of mats I'll be happy. Either just as many people gather them, in which case no rel change from what we have now, or I and others with a well rounded crew skill selection through FE get to make bank until others catch up (and they will). Only way this will be really bad is if the mats are as sparse as pre-yavin nodes, in which case crafting will go back to being boring and time wasting.

go watch a four-hour special about an evil immortal who loved a simple girl, their three bratty teenagers and some guy who walks, talks and acts like a Jedi Knight but is not.

and, as it turns out, the simple girl likes luxury gifts a lot. sort of reminds me of an ex gf...

No, because the legacy storage works exactly the same as regular storage. You take a stack of mats and stick it in storage the same as you would a piece of armor. Yes you can access it from all characters, but there's still only a limited amount of space and that space is shared between mats and regular items.

instead of adding another mat layer, here they could do some improvement which players actually would appreciate. something like a separate crafting mats vault, accessible across characters. as of now i'm trying to solve the space issue by placing only blue and purple mats into the legacy storage, the green mats + crafing substances i individually hoard on each toon, but that often leads to one toon holding a lot of mats and the other being short on them. so log off - log on - place mats into legacy storage - log off - log on - take them from storage - craft. Quite an unnecessary waste of time.

i'd really appreciate a dedicated storage for mats and only for mats.

Also, consumables, will there be a trade vendor for those? It's asinine that my entire stockpile of over 3000 of each biochem consumable will be rendered obsolete early because of your changes, yet the mats I used to make them can be exchanged. What gives?

wait are they actually give us higher tier os MAstery/Adenral stims?

[*]Color Crystals

• All crafted Color Crystals have had their level requirement removed
  • Expertise Color Crystals can no longer be trained, they are now sold directly from the “PvP Items” Vendor on the Fleet

WIth this change and with all the non +41 crystals moving into the archive tab. What will happen with the grade 1-8 colour crystals?

Will you be rolling all 9 grades into just red green blue colour crystal or will i have a whole bunch of crafting mats that are absolutely useless? Also if grade 1-7 colour crystals are useless to new crafters will you be removing the nodes from low level planets and replacing them with higher level ones?

Also I have RE'd various "rare" colour crystals : purple-black, red-black, purple, cyan etc what will happen to these schematics especially the expertise ones will they vanish?

All in all this is a very welcome change to artifice, i would just like some clarification on how it will happen.

wait are they actually give us higher tier os MAstery/Adenral stims?

Biochem

New Grade 9 Cell Graft

New Rating 200 & 208 Implants

New Grade 9 Stimpaks, Adrenals, & Medpaks

A new Grade 9 Accuracy Stimpack will now be trainable, this Stimpack grants Accuracy and Critical Rating.

There will be no Grade 9 Accuracy Adrenal, the existing Accuracy Adrenal will remain unchanged to be replaced by the aforementioned Accuracy Stimpak.

All existing Shield/Absorb Adrenals have changed. They all now grant a shield that absorbs 20% of damage, up to a large amount of damage for 15 seconds. The shield ends either when the damage threshold is reached, or the duration ends.

sooooo yup.

I like most of the proposed changes to skills I use, so far; however, this one thing bothers me. I really think lockboxes should mostly offset the cost of running the mission not sometimes. This gives the impression that it will still result in the kinds of losses seen now which make the missions undesirable and made people farm the nodes so hard.

Slicing lock box mission have been a loss for several years now, they are not even worth doing for skill gains.:(

This story is no different to any quest passed chapter 3 now. Bet you still go to Rishi and Yavin for mats. No differant.

One can go to Yavin, etc without doing the story. So it is different

That and this is far better than hiding craft mats behind Ops as it has been since 4.0

I kind of read it like those exotic mats will still be dropping only from group content.

Besides don't compare exotics to normal mats.

Really you can get all companions back within oh wait you have already said 6 hours.

Exept you can't, just most

if you want to do crafting which I still have to admit I see little point to it in any case. Except maybe new dyes as everything else can be bettered by in game loot, or from venders, without those high end mats

Kinda shows. Also nice to know you have not augmented any gear.

time to sell some of stock pile i just made... less it can be converted like the Grade 8-9 mats stuff..

It can.. they said there will be a vendor in 4.1 (that will go away with 4.2) to convert grade 8 to grade 9 mats in order to ease the transition, so you've got a month

The obvious solution is to ram your banks full of grade 8's, convert them to grade 9's, in order to avoid the gathering rush on new nodes at release

Edited by DayneDrak

Also, consumables, will there be a trade vendor for those? It's asinine that my entire stockpile of over 3000 of each biochem consumable will be rendered obsolete early because of your changes, yet the mats I used to make them can be exchanged. What gives?

On that note, why would you make 3000 medpacks, stims and adrenals?

Each!

Also if grade 1-7 colour crystals are useless to new crafters will you be removing the nodes from low level planets and replacing them with higher level ones?

You need color crystals to make dyes. I don't know any Artificer who wastes time trying to make money selling crystals.

Edited by branmakmuffin