Crafting Changes in 4.1

EricMusco

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the stack size change coming with 4.1, but I do have to wonder what impact it is going to have on the GTN.

If a resource is currently being sold at 450cr per, in stacks of 99, how soon before people start listing stacks of 9,999 @ 100cr per, because their stacks aren't selling @ 450cr per and they are too lazy to split up their stacks and what impact would that have on everything else? Will GTN listing prices scale up, based on the number of items listed in a single stack?

Just curious.

Most likely they will keep the 99 ceiling on gtn sales, if nothing else to prevent derp drama.

Derp drama: "I accidenly bought 9,999 <insertmathere> now im broke, waaaaaaaa!"

Just adding my echo to the sentiment, but I absolutely love this change. I can understand adding more bays causing some potential internal issues, but the stack size thing was one I'd been hoping for, for quite some time.

I do have to also echo a previous question about how this will affect the GTN, as inquiring minds would like to know!

But hopefully BW will look at the response this change is getting and start looking at what type of impact it's going to have on their numbers. Even something as small as this is already giving players a little bit of rejuvenated life! Keep doing the little things like this, and things can only get better for everyone from here!

This news is great as i mentioned earlier in the thread, something many folks have suggested for quite a while. I still have some concerns about gating the mats behind KotFE if they do so, and also the layout of nodes....whether or not they will be as good as Yavin 4.

Gating the mats behind KotFE? Are they eliminating crew skill gathering missions?

No, it's just the prevailing view among crafters is that gathering missions are too expensive and an inefficient use of time compared to gathering in the field.

That's not true at all, people just believe the nodes are faster and and cheaper way of getting them.

Missions aren't too expensive at all, they are just more expensive but at least you don't have to run over a boring planet boringly clicking nodes.

hey folks,

one of the issues we have seen brought up quite a bit in this thread is storage space. Although we aren't adding new bays at this time, one change to help with storage is that any item which previously stacked to 99, will now stack to 9,999. This change is coming in game update 4.1

thanks!

-eric

woohoo!!!

:D

The new gathering nodes will be located in all "public" areas of Fallen Empire. An example would be the Zakuul Swamp.

-eric

This is absolutely terrible news. I have no intention of doing kotfe on any of my characters other than the one I have already done it with. I dont wish to depart with my companions on those other characters, and Im not fond of being forced to roll out a handful of readymade 60s just for collecting mats. Not to mention doing the story multiple times kills the story for me.

Why not put nodes on Ziost? You could leave the Rishi/Yavin farming in tact for those who do that level of crafting, but also make use of Ziost where there are dailies. In addition, Ziost does have some ties to the current story line, and though it is a pain to get to (PLEASE ADD A TRAVEL OPTION FROM THE DAILY TERMINALS DIRECTLY TO THE PLANET - NOT THE SPACE STATION!), at least it isn't gated behind the story, and has more room than Zakuul to place nodes.

Seconding this.

Edited by Karkais

Hey folks,

One of the issues we have seen brought up quite a bit in this thread is storage space. Although we aren't adding new bays at this time, one change to help with storage is that any item which previously stacked to 99, will now stack to 9,999. This change is coming in Game Update 4.1

Thanks!

-eric

*velociraptor screaming*

*hyperventilates*

*continued velociraptor screaming*

I don't understand why people are so excited about stack increase. Its a change for the better sure, but its not like it makes much of a difference. I habitually simply destroyed any mats in excess of 99 before now and my cargotabs are still jam-packed full of various items. I also have very, very little use of those mats ANYWAY since BW decided to turn 98% of all crafting downright useless.

I doubt any of the changes in topic post improve the situation one bit since the problem is the effect of non-crafting changes to crafting, such as companion gear, CM and crystal gear. Bioware lost the plot long ago and continuously undermine the effect of their 'improvements' with other 'improvements'.

We want crafting to remain an important alternative to Mission and Operation gear.

You mean that gear that requires ops drops to craft? Simply ingenious.

Edited by Karkais

That's not true at all, people just believe the nodes are faster and and cheaper way of getting them.

Missions aren't too expensive at all, they are just more expensive but at least you don't have to run over a boring planet boringly clicking nodes.

And this is why i have 24 chars that have gathering professions, send and accept, no dealing with node campers, no worries about being attacked while farming (JM is a pvp server) :D

Everyone stays in my SHs, and im stress free, well worth the mission costs.

I don't understand why people are so excited about stack increase..

I have one of each crafter, all but one profession shares mats with another.

Biochem is the only one that doesnt share with something else for its "main crafting".

Artifice/synthweaving both use archaology mats (color crystals, artifact fragments, power crystals)

Armstech, cybertech, armormech all use scavenged metals & compounds.

Armstech, cybertech, armormech, and synthweaving all use underworld metals.

Armormech, armstech, and synthweaving all use slicing mats to make augments.

Then you add in prefab kit parts which use mats from multiple sources. As well as conquest crafting supplies.

If your even a remotely dedicated crafter, you have mats all over the place.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

/like

Next step... remove the sage/sorc stacks from pvp. Reduce it from 7-12 to max. 3 each pvp match.

Or remove this class completely.:cool:

Or take them away force barrier, phasewalk, force speed, give them a second lightsaber and rename in marauder/sentinel. ;)

Edited by Opaknack

Hey folks,

One of the issues we have seen brought up quite a bit in this thread is storage space. Although we aren't adding new bays at this time, one change to help with storage is that any item which previously stacked to 99, will now stack to 9,999. This change is coming in Game Update 4.1

Thanks!

-eric

Oh my stars 1,000x yes!

This change is well overdue and will greatly help for my storage.

Quick question has anybody got a list of "current" usable material? I feel as if there are items in my storage that got removed from the game as I have never seen them used so while I am consilidating my materials when 4.1 hits I may as well clear out any unusable material.

No, it's just the prevailing view among crafters is that gathering missions are too expensive and an inefficient use of time compared to gathering in the field.

Well, then if they view taking a character into KotFE to gather mats as "more efficient" than running missions, they can can do it like that. Either way, "problem" solved.

In any event, running missions for materials is an extremely efficient use of time, since your character can do other things like FPs, etc., while gathering materials.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Awesomesauce

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

Thank you for this most welcome change, but what about the items that stack to 20 (medpacks) or 10 (grenades)?

Edited by Mubrak

Hey folks,

Thanks!

-eric

A very good change! Although stacking to 999 would have been enough :)

Edited by martybolluyt

Well, then if they view taking a character into KotFE to gather mats as "more efficient" than running missions, they can can do it like that. Either way, "problem" solved.

In any event, running missions for materials is an extremely efficient use of time, since your character can do other things like FPs, etc., while gathering materials.

Or you can log in after you get home from work, school, etc., go through your alts and then have them start some missions. You can build up a (small) supply of mats over the week and play more on days off.

The new limit sounds great, though I fear I might be OCD enough to try to fill a stack to OVER NINE THOUSAND MATS!!!

:eek:

:D

As things stand now, I have one bay full of Tier 1-8 Metals and Compounds, one bay of Tier 1-8 Power Crystals and Artifacts, one bay of Treasure Hunting and Underworld Trading mats (Tiers 1-8), and one bay of Tier 8 mats to convert to Tier 9 when the time comes. I expect to condense all that into one bay after the stack increase.

I'm pretty sure all that vacant vault space will induce me to fill it with more stacks of mats.:(