Crafting Changes in 4.1

EricMusco

I like most of the proposed changes to skills I use, so far; however, this one thing bothers me. I really think lockboxes should mostly offset the cost of running the mission not sometimes. This gives the impression that it will still result in the kinds of losses seen now which make the missions undesirable and made people farm the nodes so hard.

Yes, I think instead the boxes should provide about 5 percent more coins than the cost. Certainly not enough to be exploitable, but enough to defray the cost of leveling it up.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]To help ease the player transition from Grade 8 to Grade 9, we have introduced a new Crew Skill vendor on both fleets that will sell Grade 9 materials for their comparable Grade 8 materials at a 1:1 ratio. *This new vendor is temporary and will be removed with Game Update 4.2 (Chapter XI)

Another question: is that only for green mats, or also blue and purple?

The new gathering nodes will be located in all "public" areas of Fallen Empire. An example would be the Zakuul Swamp.

-eric

given that there aren't many of those eric, and they're likely to be flooded, any chance we can get a new daily zone in the near future?

They can run missions to get them surely. I'm for this idea as it helps reduce the amount of automated farmers for nodes since they have to actually get to a higher level to get the nodes ( or use crew skills ).

I don't see why they should have to open up worlds to lower level alts that are probably only intended to be farmers in the first place.

Mats missions aren't the same thing as gathering mats from nodes - much slower and costly.

Nowhere in my post I was talking about lower level alts.

In fact, I have ten level 65 alts, and one level 62 or 63.

I've done KOTFE on 2 alts, and have no desire whatsoever to do it again on others.

So, I don't see why these alts should be gated from area where BW is planning to place nodes.

Previously, it wasn't required to do Makeb, Oricon, Rishi and Yavin 4 stories in order to access these areas.

I don't see why it should be changed now.

Please, please tell us this doesn't mean that the default way of getting accuracy for DPS will be through stims, because if I have to throw out my two 224 Initiative implants, I'm probably going to scream.

Can you tell us exactly how much Accuracy the new stim gives?

I'm surprised you went with the initiative implants - there are 3 pieces on the default token gear that come with accuracy, and the best option for >100% accuracy is 2 enhance/5 augments anyway.

I mean going 5 accuracy 'enhancements' is just overkill.

For my opinion, reducing the amount of missions per grade is quite a mistake. For example, for Artificers, only 1 per grade? What if I want to craft a blue crystal and I have a red crystal mission?

And again, they remove history content. The description of the missions were awesome, and they are removing a lot of them. They say in the post that they will add them again in the future, HOPEFULLY.

Besides this two points, the rest of changes seems fine.

All crafted Color Crystals have had their level requirement removed

Yessss. I was hoping for this back in 4.0, glad to see it coming here. :)

Any chance the Diplomacy changes will include matching up the light side / dark side points with the mission descriptions a bit better? I recall some giving light side points for helping slavers or other clear mismatches :p

Soooo... is this an attempt to force people to bring alts through the expansion even though the content is very alt-unfriendly? Or is it to prevent f2p from accessing the top tier of crafting? Or are we going to be given access to these areas on all level appropriate characters regardless of their story progress? I am hoping it's the last since that would allow access to the Odessen crystal vendors to everyone too.

It's not a matter of level, it's a matter of story progression. Many of us have numerous lvl 65s that we don't plan on bringing through the expansion.

Right I must be missing something then as I've only done it once. I thought areas were accessible based on level and not so much whether or not you had done the story.

Either way they'll have to lock it to those that have qualified for KoTFE.

Mats missions aren't the same thing as gathering mats from nodes - much slower and costly.

Nowhere in my post I was talking about lower level alts.

In fact, I have ten level 65 alts, and one level 62 or 63.

I've done KOTFE on 2 alts, and have no desire whatsoever to do it again on others.

So, I don't see why these alts should be gated from area where BW is planning to place nodes.

Previously, it wasn't required to do Makeb, Oricon, Rishi and Yavin 4 stories in order to access these areas.

I don't see why it should be changed now.

As with my above post my apologies if I've misunderstood how this is being gated.

I agree if it's being gated based on whether or not you've done the story that's pretty stupid as it's really bloody boring to repeat ( the argument of difficulty modes etc. comes up and class stories would have solved it story wise too ).

I had thought it was a level rating people were concerned with to which I think is fair enough, but no - not story participation based.

here is another reason you may be over looking...only subscribers can access zakuul...i doubt any of these "additions" is forcing the story, that is a by-product. they are restricting free and preferred folks even more by doing this. until this point if you were preferred and had purchased the previous expansions you could always go out and farm those mats needed, regardless of your pay status. with the new areas restricted to subs only even the new "elder game" crafting stuff is further restricted to subs only. opinions of free and preferred players aside, this will probably increase prices on all of these items as the supply of said crafted products will remain limited to subscribers where as the preferred players and free players will no longer be able to even gather from the planets.

just food for thought

Right.

Because KotFE is so boring...

lol

It is. Took me a few weeks to drag myself though it on one character. I gave up on Alliance on going to some mine on Ilum after managing to get Yuun back. I wa going to check out which contact gave 4X quest and get him bakc, but never really got around to it.

It is worse than Revan. In Revan, at least there was Theron and Rishi had atmosphere and class quests. Zakuul has nothing but bore-fest about half-baked nonsense on the Emperor.

Make Odessen and Zakuul accessible without doing the story, and I will gratefully never load KotFE again.

Edited by DomiSotto

It is. Took me a few weeks to drag myself though it on one character. I gave up on Alliance on going to some mine on Ilum after managing to get Yuun back. I wa going to check out which contact gave 4X quest and get him bakc, but never really got around to it.

It is worse than Revan. In Revan, at least there was Theron and Rishi had atmosphere and class quests. Zakuul has nothing but bore-fest about half-baked nonsense on the Emperor.

Make Odessen and Zakuul accessible without doing the story, and I will gratefully never load KotFE again.

I am at the point where after i forced myself to run 3 toons through this 3 hours nightmare of a story, i would pay cartel coins for a "skip this kotfe crap and bring me directly to the end of chapter IX" item. don't mind doing heroics for crates now and then, don't mind soloing a star fortress heroic now and then (actually i do the weekly on 1 toon), but the 3 hours/character investmest i cannot stand. i'd rather watch some paint dry.

Hmm, nice changes, I like the boost of adrenals/stims/grenade which did not come with 4.0 and possibility to make craftable good quality relics - and operation gear remains untouched, that is how I amagined it.

Just one off-topic proposal - Nightmare Fury Crystals from Gree schematics - as these became necessary for NIMs especially for not-hradcore raiding groups - the dps is really tight (which is a good thing) - is there a possibility to slightly change the behaviour?

--- either leave the price, leave it single use - but let the crystal buff the whole group (till you leave instance, as it is)

--- significantly increase the price (5 x for instance) but make it reusable

--- I agree these crystals should not be something cheap or common, but current price is really high for single use - single character - items (and when you get dced - tough luck), already getting schematics needs some effort (which is good)

Oh, yeah. I managed to complete it on the second character recently; gods, those beautiful visuals felt wasted. I wish they invited one decent writer. All those characters were like cardboard cutouts, sigh.

Anyway, I'm wondering - with all this crafting stuff going on, maybe we'll get another legacy set for our alts? I loved 192 legacy sets from Yavin; all my characters are usiing it from 55 through 65, but it's a little hard on 65, and I'm really not fond of BoP gear, because I have like 24 story characters. Something like BoL 216 gear would be great.

Thank you for the detailed information, Eric.

Personally, I would like to know:

What if any will be the use of the Strategic Resource Matrix awarded from the individual character completion of the weekly conquest points?

This.

....So to clarify the 212 will be the top end purple grade that DOESN'T require exotic materials? 216 and 220 will require exotic materials?

Or is 208 the top craftable level that doesn't require exotic materials ( 208 being the top tier - purple/artificat - via re'ing 200? )....

And this.

Though I guess I'm not interested in the 212 static gear. Following these changes, will crafting item mods higher than 208 be possible in any new ways or does that remain unchanged? e.g if I craft a 208 hilt, can I RE it into something else?

[*]Color Crystals

• All crafted Color Crystals have had their level requirement removed
    [*]Expertise Color Crystals can no longer be trained, they are now sold directly from the “PvP Items” Vendor on the Fleet

[*]Augments - There will be no new augments with 4.1. However existing 200 & 208 rating augments will now be part of Grade 9, as such we will be making the following changes to the existing rating 200 & 208 Augments:

[*]Artifice

• New Grade 9 Artifice Bonded Attachment
  • New Rating 200 & 208 Weapons
  • New Rating 200 & 208 Off-hands
  • Rating 200 & 208 Hilts
  • New Rating 200 & 208 Relics
  • New Dye Modules
  • New Color Crystals
  • Can now only craft Rating 136 (+41 stat) Crystals
    • All other Crystal Schematics have been moved to the archive section

[*]All blue, red, yellow, green, and orange Crystals and Schematics have been removed from vendors. They are now trainable from the Artifice trainer at the following Grades*:

• Grade 1: Blue Crystal
    • Grade 2: Red Crystal
    • Grade 3: Yellow Crystal
    • Grade 4: Green Crystal
    • Grade 5: Orange Crystal

[*]*All crafted color crystals have had their costs adjusted to the appropriate Grade. Their Slicing material cost has also been replaced with Treasure Hunting materials.

We felt low level Crystals no longer had a purpose in the game, as such we removed them and enabled Artifice crafters to craft max level Crystals usable by all levels immediately.

[*]Expertise Color Crystals are no longer trainable.

[*]The following Color Crystal Schematics have had their skill requirement reduced to skill level 350:

• White-Purple-Blue
  • White-Yellow-Orange

[*]New rating 212 Relics can now be crafted by Artifice

[*]Biochem

• New Grade 9 Cell Graft
  • New Rating 200 & 208 Implants
  • New Grade 9 Stimpaks, Adrenals, & Medpaks
    • A new Grade 9 Accuracy Stimpack will now be trainable, this Stimpack grants Accuracy and Critical Rating.
    • There will be no Grade 9 Accuracy Adrenal, the existing Accuracy Adrenal will remain unchanged to be replaced by the aforementioned Accuracy Stimpak.

[*]All existing Shield/Absorb Adrenals have changed. They all now grant a shield that absorbs 20% of damage, up to a large amount of damage for 15 seconds. The shield ends either when the damage threshold is reached, or the duration ends.

-No new augments: excellent!

-Expertise color crystals vendor-only: well, that will piss off a (very) few crafters: on the Red Eclipse purple war hero was 15 mill a few nights back. :p That smiley would be a bit different had I bought it.

Could you give a list of which expertise crystals will be sold by the vendor?

Blue,

Red,

Yellow,

Green,

Orange,

what about purple and cyan? :confused:

No, I don't mean black-purple, or one of the cartel pack wannabees, I mean pure, undiluted purply goodness! And not for 15 mill..

What about the magenta color?

-Artifice color crystals: could you add Cyan & Purple schematics? As high-level?

I don't think I will be crafting a lot of yellow/orange crystals (low demand); it seems strange to me to see Blue & Red, as the first two. Oh well. Low level artifice becomes quite viable with this I think.

I wonder: this means all "grade 1 color crystals" will be blue? Grade 2= red?

Excuse me, I'm of to a lowbie planet to farm,.. I mean, admire the sights, yes.

-Accuracy & crit stimpack? Hmm.. grmbl, this could be BIS, meaning re-gearing. Oh well, I'm not a real raider.

-Absorb adrenal: please indicate the damage treshold, please indicate the damage treshold, please indicate the damage treshold. :mad:

-I do fear the "grade 9's only behind KOTFE".

So, every mat-gatherer toon needs to be taken to KOTFE, and lose the companions etc.

YUK. NO. BAD BIOWARE.

Suggestion: Yavin becomes a mix of grade 8 and 9 stuff.

Yavin filled with grade 9 would continue to make grade 9 materials pretty farmable.

-Also: please fix your events:

Rakghoul tunnels should be level-synced to make grouping easier,

operation part (operator IX gree, Eyeless Rakghoul) should bolster to 65, not 60.

PVP: BOLSTER people in event parts to 65, pvp (so lower levels also get expertise). This to avoid level 65's in pvp gear (including myself!) being able to absolutely murder some lowbie flagged for pvp..

I'm sorry, baby seals I clubbed, I saw an enemy.. I didn't realise you were level 35..

Hilariously, I've also been attacked a few times by much lower level people inside the Rakghoul..

-PVP: please, with the pvp patch: new buff for all players: indomitable.

Stuns, sleeps, mezzes etc now last 25% less long vs players. So, a 4s stun is only a 3s stun. Maybe the same for roots.

And stop enemy operative roll etc from warping all over my screen, between different floor levels, etc. This makes them unstoppable in huttball. If not possible, they must lose the resist from the roll.

Changes that come late and wrong. Now again reworking tiers...? /facepalm

In 4.0 you made crafting less interesting than before (only "easier" and "simplified"), and mostly useless while leveling a character from scratch (as the new pace on leveling is stupidly fast). I read all these changes, and I feel between confused and cold. Since I started crafting for my own 216 and 220 unmoddable gear now I have to stop doing it (for completing the full set) and wait for the new changes, before I realize that I wasted my time, money and materials in something that became obsolete in 2 months. In screwing your own game and players, you are number one. :mad:

This sounds like a huge nerf to Companion Gift missions, or am I missing something? As it stands now I can send out 6 companions on Rich rank 5 gift mission and be guaranteed at least a blue prototype quality rank 5 gift with possible purples <snip>

/signed

Edited by Magsel

Can we get a change so we can sort our comps by influence level?? We have so many now with only more on the way, that it makes it more difficult to find and use the high influence leveled ones. Huge quality of life change.

I'd rather see them on Alphabetical order if you don't mind. Or maybe give peepz more sort options. Yeeeeh, lets make the GUI even more laggy :D