changing legacy name coming soon??

Lastlupin

i sent in a ticket and they said that you cant change your legacy name now unless it vilolates the rules or something and i didnt no that it would make it my last name so now i look like an idiot with 2 first names and i would love to change my legacy name before someone takes it

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even though the Legacy dialog clearly states what it means to pick a Legacy name I don't think anyone reads it. Just saw a guy in PvP yesterday who chose "Healbot" and it made me :rolleyes:. If they ever play a Gunslinger it would be hilarious.

With enough people making this kinda mistake hopefully Bioware will give us some options.

So many times i have seen this and "i picked the wrong AC" threads. The game needs an IQ check at the begining of the game to turn on or off 'are you really really really sure' option because clearly people dont read.

its not that im stupid its it didnt say that it was going to be my last name

At the very least, in the options you can change how it displays on your character. You can have it shown as a last name, off, or even an option below it. Like mine is Xyphr. So I could have:

Naria <Title>

The Xyphr Legacy

<Guild Tag>

It makes it look a little better, if you chose the same name, it makes sense in that way.

This changes how it's shown to other people.

While i can understand the dissapointment some people will have over picking a dumb surname, i just don't get why they should let you change it. Picking a surname or legacy name is no different then picking a character name and no game lets you change you name unless you pay a fee or change server.

Is it really that hard to read 2 lines of text? What i do think they should do is add a confirmation box, and maybe make it easier to delay picking one. I think the reason they want you to choose right away though is because you do not start gaining legacy xp until you have picked one.

Turn of display of legacy name if you really can't live with it. If you had no idea or understanding of what it was before you made it you probably didnt expect a surname anyway so the loss can't be that big.

i complete chapter 1 at lvl 31 and it wasnt untill lvl 35 i hat settle on a legacy name

why ? , because it clearly states that wil be be the surname of all your chars

I'm not 100% but I don't think it states that you won't be able to change it after you pick your legacy name

Yes i have puted a name and send ticket to a gm change my legacy or reset it i just put it ... no respawn yet.. if they dont change it or do something about it i think i will stop swtor... i am really crazy about my names and etc... i never lvl a char with ****y name and i hate to not show my legacy because its really awesome... but when i put that name i though noone will see it so put whatever... i put Godlikedarion... now i am like Lord Darius Godlikedarion its ****y... if they dont change it i will stop playing swtor or make a new accound ... i even told them that i will pay if they ask me to so i an change my legacy... no respawn yet... i hope thye do something otherwise i am ****ed up

I'm not 100% but I don't think it states that you won't be able to change it after you pick your legacy name

Dude its not in 1 char at first i though its good i will stop playing my Inquishidor lvl 30 and start a new guy to have a better legacy but i saw that its for all my char's ... so they have to do that because we are humans and humans do mistakes ... at least like wow (change name 5euro) or something like that... and do it really soon cause i just dont want to play with my char anymore ... i just dont i lost everything with this legacy..

IMO the whole legacy system is terrible and something that I feel forced into. I don't want all my chars to be on the same legacy and have same surname. They in my mind aren't related so please don't destroy my immersion by making my chars different to how they are in my mind.

Please make it so legacy is an option for those who want it and for those of us that think its a terrible system let us stay opted out.

The problem is not all chars the problem is that we cant change it at least once ... like (WARNING this will be your last chance to change your legacy or pay 5 euro change ur legacy name or change it with in game money... anything..) Please Bioware do something if you want to go at the top ... Being in top for a mmo is not only buying the game but staying in the game ... i have played wow for 6 years make me play SWTOR 6 years if you can ... i am here because i want to see if the game is good if gm's doing there job and if the game want to keep me ... if you dont want to keep people and dont care tell us that u dont but if u care then ANSWER :) a desperate player to bioware...

i sent in a ticket and they said that you cant change your legacy name now unless it vilolates the rules or something and i didnt no that it would make it my last name so now i look like an idiot with 2 first names and i would love to change my legacy name before someone takes it

George Michael approves of this thread!

you guys can complain and feign confusing or incomplete instructions all you want, but i didn't expect the legacy system to pop up around level 30 either and i read the instructions and understood perfectly everything that would happen. i understood it would be my last name, would be unchangeable (my first name isnt, why would my last name?), and all my characters would have it. this is just a matter of poor reading comprehension by all the people who picked stupid surnames.

only thing i didnt know was i would unlock an option to hide my last name, which is in settings. which is probably what all you guys with poorly chosen surnames will want to do, and just pretend you never picked a surname in the first place. not a big loss.

So many times i have seen this and "i picked the wrong AC" threads. The game needs an IQ check at the begining of the game to turn on or off 'are you really really really sure' option because clearly people dont read.

"Are you sure that the written Legacy Name is the one you really want?" Y/N

"Are you really sure?" Y/N

"I mean, have you really bothered to read the explanation text that we bothered to write and show you explaining how it works?" Y/N

"And did you understand it?" Y/N

"Are you sure that you are not going to change your mind alter because you decide to play the other faction or because you just thought of something 'cooler'?" Y/N

*sigh*

Is ur name Ricky Bobby?

After reading some of the responses in this thread, I am amazed at the amount of people who lack the intelligence (or maybe just situational awareness) to:

1. Know what the words "legacy" and "surname" imply. How can you POSSIBLY think that that name would only be specific to one character?

2. Pay attention to instructions.

This is just like crying about swapping your advanced class. No, you shouldn't be able to. You're fairly warned about the permanence of the choice. Reroll.

OP, you claim to not be stupid and are blaming the game for your bad decision. If you are indeed intelligent enough to have chosen properly if the game had warned you sufficiently as you claim that it didn't, please prove it by using grammar and spelling that is reasonably close to being proper.

While i can understand the dissapointment some people will have over picking a dumb surname, i just don't get why they should let you change it. Picking a surname or legacy name is no different then picking a character name and no game lets you change you name unless you pay a fee or change server.

Is it really that hard to read 2 lines of text? What i do think they should do is add a confirmation box, and maybe make it easier to delay picking one. I think the reason they want you to choose right away though is because you do not start gaining legacy xp until you have picked one.

Turn of display of legacy name if you really can't live with it. If you had no idea or understanding of what it was before you made it you probably didnt expect a surname anyway so the loss can't be that big.

People, cool it with the insults - Please. Just because someone made a mistake, it does not make them an 'idiot' or anything of that sort, but I would like to clear one thing up with all of you:

It does NOT tell you right away that the legacy name will be the surname of your character, at least, it doesn't on the screen where you choose your legacy name. When I acquired the chance to choose a legacy name, I was just given a small box with a blinking line in it and a few words above the box "Pick your legacy name", nothing else.

The only time it tells you that this will be the surname of your character is when you go to your mailbox and read the message within, which of course not everyone will bother to check right away..I normally let my inbox pile up to about 5 messages before I check it. Why do I wait so long? Because a majority of the time it will be a mere 500 credits, a chest that holds an item that's worth almost nothing and cannot be used with any of my companions, or spam from one of those power-leveling sites.

Now, cool it with the insults. It's a game.

Edited by CrackBabySPORTS

After reading some of the responses in this thread, I am amazed at the amount of people who lack the intelligence (or maybe just situational awareness) to:

1. Know what the words "legacy" and "surname" imply. How can you POSSIBLY think that that name would only be specific to one character?

2. Pay attention to instructions.

This is just like crying about swapping your advanced class. No, you shouldn't be able to. You're fairly warned about the permanence of the choice. Reroll.

You really helped out, good work nerfherder. Maybe next time you read threads that "amaze" you, you could shoot them in the knee with an arrow!