If you're on the fence, what do you need to hear tomorrow to keep your subcription?

TheGreatHambino

I know a lot of people (myself included) who are looking to tomorrow's stream to help decide whether or not they'll continue being a subscriber. If you're doing the same, what would you need to hear tomorrow in order to keep your subscription active?

For me, I'm going to need to hear that we'll have at least one new operation before KOTFE Season 1 is over. I know that means I'm all but out the door, but I can at least hope.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to hear less modesty. I hope they pat themselves on their backs a little more than usual...they really deserve it this time. I hope to hear how excited they are and how much players are looking forward to playing as their favorite character from KOTFE, HK-55!!!

For me, I'm going to need to hear that we'll have at least one new operation before KOTFE Season 1 is over. I know that means I'm all but out the door, but I can at least hope.

To be fair, I haven't even started up SWTOR for [x] amount of days (not counting) and have very little incentive to do so. My time card expires on the 8th of Feb, and auto renewing sub has been long cancelled. I can't see anything being said in the stream that will make me adjust my line of thought.

There are other games coming out this year I'm interested in, and with the severe lack of content (it would need to be more than just an hour of story and a few flashpoints / operations / pvp maps etc etc) I can't see that decision changing. Equally, due to the tardiness of the Austin studio in terms of ongoing communication (it's been an issue for far too long now), I'm also not naive enough to assume that will change.

The streams are a distraction, if they go on the past setup, you'll still have Eric being told what he can or can not say from behind the camera by the awful PR that Austin has, instead of being open and honest with us they'll simply try to give everyone fluff filler and try to make light of the dire situations they keep getting themselves into by shoddy development processes.

TL;DR. Nothing, I'm already a lost continuous subscriber.

I'd like to hear less modesty. I hope they pat themselves on their backs a little more than usual...they really deserve it this time. I hope to hear how excited they are and how much players are looking forward to playing as their favorite character from KOTFE, HK-55!!!

TUX you Baddie.. made me spit up my soda. :p

As for the OP's question: I'm not sure if they can recover at this point. From a business point of view they are likely riding on a new wave of cash (Short Term) and not bothered by the issues.

From a customer standpoint. They seem to step in Dog Crap each time they do anything lately. Bugged beyond belief issues, major exploit that should have been addressed sooner, NIM Loot stupidity and the list goes one.

BUT... come up with a REAL SUB REWARDS program that is NOT (I repeat) NOT reskinned crap to start with. Some dates for new stuff (Even if they are "Tentative" dates) and maybe a much better communications plan actually followed this year (So far it seems like they are going that route, but TBD on follow thru).

Did the RED SPHERE DROP RATE INCREASE??? Promise made during Cantina event to the entire crowd nearly 2 years ago now and still has not changed.

Edited by dscount

I cancelled my sub in front of the livestream, that is how much faith I have in them saying worthwhile. Should something be promised that sparks my interest, I will wait until that promise is realized in game before resubbing. Playing a companion story as the companion was not compelling enough to keep me subbed through the next year, so swing and miss. I more expect the livestream to be additional manure more geared towards their new target audience, the one hotbar cutscene watchers.

I don't really understand the switch from the blogs to the live stream as the primary focus of passing along information. I don't think they can do anything better in a live stream when it comes to passing along real nuts and bolts information. Live streams to me are for previewing content that's coming. Blogs are for passing along the nuts and bolts. I don't see this live stream total focus as being a really good/ efficient way to pass along information.

I'm interested in seeing how this will go tomorrow, but I just don't see it being as effective as they may think it will end up being.

I don't really understand the switch from the blogs to the live stream as the primary focus of passing along information. I don't think they can do anything better in a live stream when it comes to passing along real nuts and bolts information. Live streams to me are for previewing content that's coming. Blogs are for passing along the nuts and bolts. I don't see this live stream total focus as being a really good/ efficient way to pass along information.

I'm interested in seeing how this will go tomorrow, but I just don't see it being as effective as they may think it will end up being.

I agree, but right now the communication has been SO BAD I'd say they need to over compensate for the lack of anything over the last year. The really screwed the pooch on KOTFE lead up as compared to other MMO's that flood us with details a year in advance of a major upgrade. At this point I don't care if it's corporate marketing gag order or just plain ignorance of communication practices. They MUST change how they communicate or for me it's a no brainer to leave. Game is crashing down around them and they need to start tap dancing and doing proactive damage control to make things work again.

They need to seriously reduce the grind involved in building the alliance wings to 20 and companion influence to 50. Especially on subsequent characters going through it after the first on your legacy. I parked all my alts due to the amount of grind. Most have not even started KOTFE even though they are sitting there at lvl 60 with Ziost done.

I know a lot of people (myself included) who are looking to tomorrow's stream to help decide whether or not they'll continue being a subscriber. If you're doing the same, what would you need to hear tomorrow in order to keep your subscription active?

Nothing as i do not need to have any thing from the dev to have fun in this game been pvping since launch will pvp when the server go up for the last time

Not much to hear honestly. They don't know how to run this game anymore, every time they release stuff it's bugged, they don't care about fixing it. They don't care about releasing content. All the give two hoots about is receiving your money and releasing cartel market crap to take more of your money. This game used to be fun, now it's just the mmo everyone laughs at. These deva are horrible at their jobs and have not a clue what they are doing anymore. Edited by brandonsorr

If you're on the fence, what do you need to hear tomorrow to keep your subcription?
That purist founders will be given back the option to play the game the way they'd been playing it for 4+ years:

• the option to disable level sync (pre-4.0 loot tables, level & gear progression);
  • the option to run level appropriate heroics, flashpoints & HMs (pre-4.0 loot tables, level & gear progression);
  • the option to customize companion combat gear;
  • multiplayer story (keep them solo capable - just stop ramming single player down our throats);
  • group voice acted questgiver dialogue interactions (leave the "Classic Conversation" format with KOTOR.)

But, none of that will happen because the players who carried this game through thick & thin actually possess the patience and creativity for real story & level progression. Which means they are not part of the new 140 character attention span demographic. Which also means they and their $100's to $1,000's a year in resident Cartel Market purchases will be looking for another game. In my case, 25 more days ... and that gold HK jetpack is definitely not enough were my subscription to expire before the 1st.

Edited by GalacticKegger

Significant increase in the amount of content coming out. At least 2 chapters worth of story content each month, 2 new ops scheduled for release ~May/June and August/September. New warzone every 3-4 months with some simply being redesigned maps and every 2 or 3 being a new concept. Rebalanced classes with plans to implement separate balancing for PvE/PvP. Cross-Server or centralized mega servers (1 server per region).

It's a lot, but it's what other games have or are working towards already. Unfortunately, there just isn't enough investment in this game for anything close to this to happen.

well i bought " the division" gold edition for 100 $ which include the game and season pass...basically full year of content and support, if swtor wants to compete with those games they really need to offer something at least as good as theirs,

any ways only star wars universe fans like me are still subscribing (mostly) but for how long more they are willing to keep paying for this low quality game?? i do not know but for me sub will end at 5th of feb and i wont renew my sub.

Sarcasm is strong with this one :D

Fixes pure and simple. If they no longer have the ability bring someone in that can handle it.

Was this not supposed to be the event month to make up for the broken events last month.

1. Conquest titles busted again.

2. Gree Xeno lockouts are buggy.

3. Gree pvp kills for the event not counting.

4. Ilum lag yesterday with 25 to 30 ms. It was actually faster to click abilities then use keybinds.

If I wasn't in a real active guild I'd be out already. And since group content becomes a smaller and smaller portion of the game it's only a matter of time.

I'm not on the fence and I have tons of sub time before I even have to consider it but I think I would be happy with just some humility and the willingness to move forward knowing this expansion pack failed. As long as I knew that they had the intention of developing this game for the long term and their actions backed it up then I would gladly be content and go back to playing the game. I really hate having to sit on here trashing the game all the time.

What I really wanna hear is how HK 55 will have legacy themed blaster's lightsabers, outfits prefereably each outfit to suit each class so 8 different outfits and a Hk55 Operations and a HK55 Huttball, Hk55 World Boss that sits and quotes hk-51/47, HK55 themed Jukebox, HK55 themed head lights.

Honestly what I really wanna hear is less HK-55 themed crap and less about KOFE unless it comes down to Scourge!!! Ranked Season 7, Class Balance before Season 7 starts and not one half way *********** through the season where it screws everyones rating.. Companion outfit design.. I also want to see them pat NOT pat themselves ont he back for breaking mostly everything since 4.0 and just not mentioning it cause they half assed and didnt use PTS. One other thing... the craftable lightsabers/vibroswords and any weapons should all be Orange/purple instead of Blue/Green considering i like some of the designs... I also wanna see a New Event and New craftable gear that is awesome and DOESN'T go to Cartel Market.. Though I would mind HK55 themed Weapons (including vibroswords that rest at your waist and not your back..) and Hk55 themed legacy armor. As for a Regen item... Id like to see one where it shows Hk 47,51,55 together or a memoriam decoration of the three standing together in stone that can go on a Large hook like Malgus/Marr. How can I forget about "Better then cross server"

Edited by LordZorith

I guess my DREAM Speech on Thursday would look like this and I'd suggest this approach:

Address the HOT TOPICS on the forums and actually answer them.

- GTN search issues plan

- Broken Events (How we going to prevent - what is up with Gree?)

- Reverse the stupid decision on NIM Loot

- Final outcome of the Exploit and have we finished clearing that up

- OPS Date?

- PVP map that was data mined already - WHY are you not just publishing some details now

A REAL rewards program (Something like ESOL did, but SWTOR touch minus RESKINNING any item)

DO NOT - I repeat DO NOT tell us about more reskin's coming for "monthly rewards"

Communicate - Tell us what is coming (Without the HYPE train) rough dates even if its tentative

Just my thoughts... I'm not expecting ANY of that to actually happen, but what others have said about patting themselves on the back about HK55 and how great the STORY is going to be each month coming soon.

All this while the place is burning down around them.