Slicing got "nerfed"?

JJDrakken

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

at lvl 29 my skills cost 8k credits+ each and you nerf slicing.

I though slicing was there to cover the cost of lvling your character, *** am i supposed to do now? I am forced to play a crafter in order to just buy a class skill when i lvl? screw that I think crafting is **** anyway, i want to play the game not sit there and craft all day hoping someone will buy my garbage.

you screwed the best think since sliced bread.

I though slicing was there to cover the cost of lvling your character, *** am i supposed to do now? I am forced to play a crafter in order to just buy a class skill when i lvl? screw that I think crafting is **** anyway, i want to play the game not sit there and craft all day hoping someone will buy my garbage.

With ZERO professions, you could afford all of your trainer skills through simply questing. If you cannot, you should re-evaluate how you are spending your credits and re-prioritize.

You can't be serious? Sell trash items and quest, that is the only credits you will need to cover all costs.

It is amazing what has become with gamers, a sad display.

two tier 5 missions on rich lockboxes started before the patch. after patch, I made about 200 credits combined profit for rouchly 1 hour of mission time spent between my two companions. Those were the most profitable missions normally. I used to get around 1-3k profit each, so would have typically made about 4k for the combined, vs my actual of 200 this morning.

Yes, I would say they have effectively nerfed slicing missions. It is about the dumbest way to try making a profit in the game now. Only people getting slicing are the ones that want it for augments (bleh) or for slicing found items during your adventures. Probably time for me to dump it and go with my full crafting plan. What a shame, since it is 400.

No worries. I intended to drop it eventually.

As long as you aren't spending money like water, and you sell your vendor trash, leveling makes quite a profit. It more than pays for training costs.

So basically missions are barely profitable on "normal" hits and decently profitable on "crits," as opposed to decently profitable normally and absurdly profitable on "crits."

That sounds about right.

Also keep in mind that "critical" chance (and thus profitability) goes up as you get more affection with the companions you send out.

How do you people make money out of slicing?

Sending the companion on missions costs more than what the lockboxes provide. Augments cannot be sold in the auction house, or if you manage to sell it you get less than what the mission cost. So I'm really puzzled by all this.

My slicing is around 160 now and I've only lost money on it.

Bingo this should happen, if you choose to exploit you should have to pay the piper.

just in case you not aware.

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

So, what about the tens of thousands of other people who are casual gamers who took slicing in good faith? Will you be the one to decide who loses money and who gets to keep theirs.

Or should we just take all money away from those characters who have slicing as a skill. Better yet, we should track every single AH purchase made with slicing money and and confiscate that too.

Also, I think you are confused about what an actual bug or design flaw is. Slicing worked exactly the way they wanted it to at the time of launch. It then became aparent that they had not balanced it properly so they then made the adjustment. It was not broken, a bug or an exploit.

Other than that, I agreed with everything you said :D

How do you people make money out of slicing?

Sending the companion on missions costs more than what the lockboxes provide. Augments cannot be sold in the auction house, or if you manage to sell it you get less than what the mission cost. So I'm really puzzled by all this.

My slicing is around 160 now and I've only lost money on it.

Only send people on missions where the yield is abundant, bountiful or rich. Rich is top priority.

Also, I think you are confused about what an actual bug or design flaw is. Slicing worked exactly the way they wanted it to at the time of launch. It then became aparent that they had not balanced it properly so they then made the adjustment. It was not broken, a bug or an exploit.

Slicing has been broken for quite some time, since before launch. People let them know about it in beta, and yes, something that wrong is, indeed 'broken'.

what i dont get since credits unless you wher slicing is simi hard to come by atleast enufe to expand cargo bay and inventory and keep up whit skills is that indsted of nerfing slicing way just not buff the other crew skills money generrating ablilitys i mean that might corse a bit of inflamation in the economey but atleast thats allready somting thats ther beside i have seen tons of credits sinks so far wher npc's sell stuff that you might want for 55k or more

One or two missions giving the same, more, or less than before the patch doesn't really say much.

I'd been keeping stats of the slicing missions I'd run. I've just split the spreadsheet I've been using, and will continue to keep stats on the missions I run after the patch. As long as I don't lose money, it doesn't hurt to have one of my alts continuing to do so.

For the curious, here's the stats I'd gathered pre-patch:

[font="Courier New"]                            Num             Avg     Cred/   Avg
                           Runs    Class   Net     Min     %Profit
Droid Madness               1       3       36      4       8%
Plug the Leak               12      6       128     4       9%
The Azure Databanks         9       6       240     7       16%
Spy Droid                   3       4       236     14      35%
A Test of Intelligence      1       6       2,882   20      93%
Sabotage and Repair         17      5       491     20      50%
Hidden in the Jungle        1       5       2,544   22      99%
Missing Probes              3       4       330     25      51%
Off the Grid                26      5       817     30      72%
His Home is his Castle      25      5       1,021   39      95%
Identify and Neutralize     1       2       274     42      49%
Arranged Accidents          8       3       953     78      110%
Taking Back Control         36      5       2,546   84      126%
Pointing Fingers            12      4       1,632   84      131%
Be Careful What You Read    13      4       1,627   88      138%
Finding Our Way             69      5       2,922   99      151%[/font]

It gave you a clear advantage over other players. your lucky they don't ban your account. i have seen it in other games, your really naive.

No you haven't. You have NEVER seen anyone banned for playing a profession or skill-up the way it was intended and get banned for it. This is not/was not an exploit. You are naive for thinking it is.