Slicing got "nerfed"?

JJDrakken

If it was intended, why did they Nerf it?

I see.

SO if you are playing an overpowered/imbalanced class and facerolling people in PvP, once they rebalance it, they should take away your rewards from that PvP because you were"exploiting"???

This logic doesn't work.

An exploit is something that is very much unintended gameplay, like using LOS exploits in instances to avoid trash mob pulls and so on. Using an imbalanced game system is not an exploit.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Slicing was already NERFED at least twice since I started the testing program in August. Now they NERF it again on the live servers.

What's the most disappointing about this is that this latest NERF had absolutely nothing to do with actual game mechanics or the in game economy. It was solely based on the endless cries of a miniscule part of the community who are more worried about what other players are doing than actually playing the game itself.

BioWare promised they would balance and manage this game based off of metrics rather than whining on the forums... and since slicing was already the topic of enormous scrutiny for the last four months I can see now that they LIED.

Or it could be they have 1mil+ people playing now and have more metrics than the small number of beta testers. Just sayin.

Because they felt the gain vs effort was to high, so they adjusted it. It's not an exploit, your just one those peeps who wish they did it probably.

My main is Cybertech(380)/Salvaging(390)/Underworld Trading(400). Im lvl 44, I still don't have enough cash to buy my lvl 40 Mount training. Because crafting skills cost tons of money+training. Slicing was working how they saw fit, then they realized well it's really working too well, lets adjust it.

JJ

It gave you a clear advantage over other players. your lucky they don't ban your account. i have seen it in other games, your really naive.

This particular case it is not an exploit. The slicing was doing exactly what it was supposed to be doing. There was no "trick" you could take advantage of to get more out of it than anyone else. This was evident by the fact they did not "FIX" a broken mechanic with slicing, but fixed it by tuning it down to be in line with the other crafting skills.

The slicing mechanic was not designed improperly nor was it not working as intended. The yield is what was not working. This does not make it an exploit especially since there was no other option to it. If you sliced, you got the cash.

It is just like when you hit something and the damage you are doing is too high, they nerf/adjust your damage down. You weren't exploiting, it was the only thing you had.

Not every fix implies an exploit ;)

As for the one or two WHY DO THEY NERF. Well, because the other skills were/are working more or less like they want them too. Slicing was not, so it was the one to be changed. If they brought the others UP to slicing, then NONE would be working they way they wanted them too. Common Sense. ;)

Enjoy!

Edited by Skerry

Doesn't matter if it was needed or not, this is the first big slap in the face from them. They really showed at this point they are no better than a blizzard wannabe. The desire to nerf something based off forum QQ. What's next, someone thinks X class is OP. Start the nerfs. Oh someone thinks this boss is OP, start the nerfs.

No thanks, I've seen this cycle too many times with too many companies. It's a buff/nerf cycle that ruins games.

Take the above, is it so much to suggest that Bioware actually think instead of just listen to the massive QQ? How about instead of going "herp derp we nurf der money lolz" you go "well, lets change it so that sure they provide less money but also something that can actually be useful for crafting". I saw this many times over at blizz, they went with the easy way out. Then with rift it happened. Once a company starts taking the easy way out, it's already too late. I plan on sticking around, hell if for nothing more than a month. Maybe they will be different, I doubt it though.

Bingo this should happen, if you choose to exploit you should have to pay the piper.

just in case you not aware.

An exploit, in video games, is the use of a bug or design flaw by a player to their advantage in a manner not intended by the game's designers.

They knew about slicing since they nerfed it before in the BETA where people TOLD THEM about this.

So yea, its not peoples fault that bioware dont listen...

Well riding the slicing gravy train is over I guess. I was getting so much from it a day I basically bought everything I'll need for the next few weeks by level 35. It needed a nerf, no question about it.

Now I am wondering if it's still worth keeping, or should I scrap it for something else?

Because people without it complained. The problem is that slicing was designed for people who did not want to craft or wanted to craft but not collect.

The theory was that if you had slicing you could not save money by either collecting resources for yourself forcing you to buy mats or gear from the GTN.

This falls apart when the masses don't understand simple economic principles and start complaining about people who have more money than them. What they don't realize is that those people complaining have paid money to train a useful skill that will help them be self sustainable. Whereas slicers can only make credits and are completely reliant on the GTN for their equipment.

It would have worked well as a way to have a diverse economy and it may still depending on the nerf. If they made slicing a break even proposition then what is the purpose of the skill?

It gave you a clear advantage over other players. your lucky they don't ban your account. i have seen it in other games, your really naive.

That's silly..

you get banned WHEN there is a CLEAR bug and you are exploiting it, and if you read using the brain, they stated they brought down the reward of slicing to have it in line with other professions, they didn't say there was a bug and was being exploited...

Name one that banned for Crafting using the ingame design. I've bought almost every US launched MMO since UO except for Aion and Motor City Online, more than you can probably afford princess, and haven't seen reports of anyone banned for crafting as the game was designed. I'm sure you can back up this nonsense you pulled from your *** right? More like idle threats right bud? Cause you know, some irrelevant forum jockey emoing makes it so huh?

I'll also give you the chance (good luck) to explain how it's an advantage over other players when they can choose the exact same skill crew? You mad Princess cause other players were smarter than you? Deal with it, you have no choice. Feel free to report me for slicing :rod_tongue_p:

Edited by RedEnsign

Doesn't matter if it was needed or not, this is the first big slap in the face from them. They really showed at this point they are no better than a blizzard wannabe. The desire to nerf something based off forum QQ. What's next, someone thinks X class is OP. Start the nerfs. Oh someone thinks this boss is OP, start the nerfs.

No thanks, I've seen this cycle too many times with too many companies. It's a buff/nerf cycle that ruins games.

Take the above, is it so much to suggest that Bioware actually think instead of just listen to the massive QQ? How about instead of going "herp derp we nurf der money lolz" you go "well, lets change it so that sure they provide less money but also something that can actually be useful for crafting". I saw this many times over at blizz, they went with the easy way out. Then with rift it happened. Once a company starts taking the easy way out, it's already too late. I plan on sticking around, hell if for nothing more than a month. Maybe they will be different, I doubt it though.

What you, and other people here complaining that the forum community causes this, need to learn is that just because two things appear connected doesn't mean they actually are. I'm quite certain, though I have no inside knowledge, the BW gathers a *lot* of data about the game which they use to make decisions.

I have maxxed slicing, and I couldn't believe how easy it was to rack up credits. I had hundreds of times more than my non-slicing friends. Of course I wish the gravy train would continue rolling, but this was pretty predictable.

Because people without it complained. The problem is that slicing was designed for people who did not want to craft or wanted to craft but not collect.

The theory was that if you had slicing you could not save money by either collecting resources for yourself forcing you to buy mats or gear from the GTN.

This falls apart when the masses don't understand simple economic principles and start complaining about people who have more money than them. What they don't realize is that those people complaining have paid money to train a useful skill that will help them be self sustainable. Whereas slicers can only make credits and are completely reliant on the GTN for their equipment.

It would have worked well as a way to have a diverse economy and it may still depending on the nerf. If they made slicing a break even proposition then what is the purpose of the skill?

+1 on that. If it is break even why in the hell would I keep sending toons out to collect.

I am sure it will still pay surely. But it would not surprise me if it got the hammer nerf haha. MMOs

Crafters should be upset about a slicing nerf.

No one will buy their product.

I'm not going to waste valuable cash on just leveling gear, unless I have enough to spare.

Be careful BW, I feed the crafting community with those credits. Removing them may kill crafting GTN sales completely.

I'll only worry about optimizing at 50.

What's the most disappointing about this is that this latest NERF had absolutely nothing to do with actual game mechanics or the in game economy. It was solely based on the endless cries of a miniscule part of the community who are more worried about what other players are doing than actually playing the game itself.

LIED.

Nice assumption but you are wrong. It's the countless players running around with 500k credits not even near end game. Totally not what they wanted in a mmo with an economy. Credits mean absolutely nothing now.