"Pub pvp..."

Greezt

I see this quote at least once every time I end up in a losing match. Why?

I really don't get it... For one thing, the people saying it are obviously part of "pub PvP". Also, this generally happens against premades. What would they expect of pugs vs premades?

On TRE, in case anyone was wondering. I assume it's the same in other servers.

Finally, I've never done imp PvP. Do they say "imp PvP" when they end up against a pub premade?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't get it... For one thing, the people saying it are obviously part of "pub PvP". Also, this generally happens against premades. What would they expect of pugs vs premades?

Finally, I've never done imp PvP. Do they say "imp PvP" when they end up against a pub premade?

"pub pvp" or "lolpub" is now a running meme to describe ****** players on the republic side who can't do anything productive beside "LOOKZ AT MY DEEPZ" (which from what i have seen on harb, is the vast majority of them)

PS. Although no one would ever say "imp pvp", people these days do get really pissed off if a imp team lose to a crap pub team, as it says more about the imps players then the pubs

Edited by astrobearx

"pub pvp" or "lolpub" is now a running meme to describe ****** players on the republic side who can't do anything productive beside "LOOKZ AT MY DEEPZ" (which from what i have seen on harb, is the vast majority of them)

PS. Although no one would ever say "imp pvp", people these days do get really pissed off if a imp team lose to a crap pub team, as it says more about the imps players then the pubs

I'm happy if I get teamed up with guys that can DEEPZ. I can take care of objective play for the team. I'll solo guard. I'll interrupt caps. I'll respond to incs (usually before the call is even made. It's not hard to count to 8). Just don't get facerolled (and dont whitebar a full health ball carrier thats not in fire or acid). In general, pub side is weaker in dps and hps output when solo queueing compared to imp side on Harbs. You see a lot more pugs and even premades wearing crappy PVE gear on pub side than imp side.

Edited by gocard

I have like 2 dozen IMP toons, many or most at 65 and I've PVPed solo regularly with all of them, but lately I've been leveling up all my Pub toons and am completely shocked at how nearly every single team whether 1-65 or 65 gets completely steam rolled, out-healed, out-DPSed, out done on objectives, out team played, out communicated, it really can be unbearable, to the point where I was doing weekly and winning 1-2 out of 15. I remember back on Darth Bandon server early on, the roles were reversed and the republic dominated nearly every single match, but now Pub PVP seems to be in a death spiral.

This really does sum it up. Before the server migrations, pub side was able to win consistently enough on harby to feel competitive. Since so many folks moved over and others leaving the game completely, pub side just tends to be a painful experience.

But it is funny when imps complain about losing to pubs, because almost all of the actual premades are impside now so in the small windows where there isn't one or two in queue pubside actually has a chance to win.

Heya Astt! At least we showed those imps yesterday :cool:

My experience on TRE is that I win more than I loose on my pub toons, although I must admit I rarely play in the evenings these days.

What most of you said is the reason I find this funny. Why would people think it's "pub PvP" when 90% of the losses against imps are vs premades?

Heya Astt! At least we showed those imps yesterday :cool:

My experience on TRE is that I win more than I loose on my pub toons, although I must admit I rarely play in the evenings these days.

We did, didn't we?:). I play weekends only, but I can win as long as I'm not up against a FoTM imp premade (there seem to be a lot of them these days...).

I have like 2 dozen IMP toons, many or most at 65 and I've PVPed solo regularly with all of them, but lately I've been leveling up all my Pub toons and am completely shocked at how nearly every single team whether 1-65 or 65 gets completely steam rolled, out-healed, out-DPSed, out done on objectives, out team played, out communicated, it really can be unbearable, to the point where I was doing weekly and winning 1-2 out of 15. I remember back on Darth Bandon server early on, the roles were reversed and the republic dominated nearly every single match, but now Pub PVP seems to be in a death spiral.

So true! I also started to level some pub toons and it amazes me how bad it is. Night and day compared to imp side. Wonder why!!!

Bold printing by me :

Both things printed in bold are merely both sides of the same coin / medal.

There is nothing more to add.

The same people who do "competitive PvP" as imp toons are exactly the same who perform the downffall of the Republic side.

Which is why I always wonder why no professional PvP player plays Republic side : Because they are actually part of the problem - partly responsible for the Republic side being so bad by NOT playing on that side.

You consider yourself an strong, excellent PvP player ? Then why are you too weak to endure the Republic side's constant losses ?

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

You consider yourself an strong, excellent PvP player ? Then why are you too weak to endure the Republic side's constant losses ?

CLEARLY IMP PLAYERS DO PLAY ON THE PUB SIDE

hence why we get all these "**** WHY ARE THESE GUYS SO BAD" posts and threads.BTW, it is not up veteran players to fix bads. you cannot fix stupid and the pubs side is constantly filled with dumb. each time i say a strat or anything prematch to get a game plan going, i get met with "LULZ **** SCRUB" and i get watch the most disorganized **** play i have ever seen.

when i started out, it was the imp side that was bad and terrible, but you know what? i stuck it out. i mastered the pvp maps ups and down, studied other classes defensive and offensive abilities and learn learn the basic and immediate tricks of pvp...on the **** faction of the time. NO ONE help me out, gave tips or anything. i figured it out for myself and i suspected a lot of imps did this as well.while imps player can reroll to the pub side and try to balance thing out (read: premade, otherwise you would be wasting your time and energy)...why should we? did the pubs reroll to the imps side during their time of supremacy? no, they didn't. they just got lazy and wallow in their false sense of security and got worse over time.

pub pvp will only improve by pub players actually wanting to improve (like domi). you can't help those who doesn't want to help themselves.

Edited by astrobearx

pub pvp consists of almost entirely casual pve players who rarely have full expertise and are more or less only there to get MX droid companion. I can pvp all day on imp side and maybe see 3 or 4 players that are missing pvp gear. I can pvp all day pub side and I'm lucky if more than 2 people every match has a full set of pvp gear. PvPing pub side without a premade is just a nightmare.

• 4 weeks later...
I've seen Healers do dps instead of heal, doing no healing whatsoever. And shadows doing **** all damage the entire game in PvP. Pubside players have a lot more ******* than Impside.

^^^^ this guy..........Been posting sense all night. dig it like ribbit smacks.

I think this quote explains a lot :

Pubs can burn on Mustafar. Who cares about them, certainly not you, or you'd populate republic side yourself.

Empire is best Korea. (faction)

Nothing beats playing on a PVP server and running into a lone republic player when there's 10 empire nearby. (good luck playing by yourself, you dumb pub)

During Rakghoul events, you play republic, you dead, like so dead.

Here is an example:

Took my fotm guardian tank in DPS gear into a Civil war. I went mid and noticed a couple enemies go for our node. I went to back up the one guy who went to get grass. I get there, they are stomping this guy while he stands there slightly moving like he has no idea what to do. I Kill one guy while they are beating on him and I slow his death with guard and taunts while I kill the 2 attackers( a bad OP and a dps jugg, also bad), he dies tho. So I stay to guard the turret.

He shows back up...and stands on the turret like he wants to guard it. So I slowly start to leave to make sure he wants that...he starts leaving too. SO I go back to the node to guard it....he follows me back to the node. Im like ok... so I leave again. He follows me. So if I leave, he will leave and the node will be unguarded. If I stay he will stay and we will be shorthanded at mid. He made us lose, as we barely lost and I could have made a huge difference at mid being a fotm guard dps tank.

This is your standard pub pvper. (he was a dps sage, and this was on harb) He never healed or bubbled me or himself.

In your tale, it is one bad Pub player vs two bad Imperials. An Operative and a DPS Jugger who could not take down a turret from under a Sage that does not use his DCDs or kites? Then they fold to one Guardian tank? Now, that's bad. Like, really bad.

I am sure on a DPS sorcerer that Sage would have been ripping people apart. :rolleyes: S/he'd magically change into a contender! Rolling an Imp adds +10 to your ******titude.

Truth be told, the single most obnoxious category of players in this game are DPS Sins that have no idea how to be good at their class, but think they do. Neither they have the slightest idea what teamwork is.

Two days ago an Imperial player left the AHG node at 9 seconds before AHG explosion, letting the Shadow cap it for the second time without needing to do anything but cap.

There are players who either do not know, or do not care each side. Don't be one, that's all you can do.

Edited by DomiSotto

Nice rez. My original though was that people who complain about pub PvP are a major part of the problem, and after playing with friends I can only confirm it's true. All the whiners are generally useless, with only a few that actually have any reason to complain.

He shows back up...and stands on the turret like he wants to guard it. So I slowly start to leave to make sure he wants that...he starts leaving too. SO I go back to the node to guard it....he follows me back to the node. Im like ok... so I leave again. He follows me. So if I leave, he will leave and the node will be unguarded. If I stay he will stay and we will be shorthanded at mid. He made us lose,

Dear god I have had this near same experience on The Shadowlands. It's incredibly bizarre. Why are you following me? Do you feel a life debt since I did your job for you?

pub pvp consists of almost entirely casual pve players who rarely have full expertise and are more or less only there to get MX droid companion. I can pvp all day on imp side and maybe see 3 or 4 players that are missing pvp gear. I can pvp all day pub side and I'm lucky if more than 2 people every match has a full set of pvp gear. PvPing pub side without a premade is just a nightmare.

just to add to this a bit. good pubs see this, so they only queue with premades and q-synchs. so your chances of being on the team with the good pubs when they do queue is much less than on imp side where the queue population makes synching less effective. anyway, I quoted because one kind of feeds the other and vice versa.

Edited by foxmob

I agree, rep side is much weaker in pvp then empire. Iam still trying to find a server with good republic side at 65 wrz. TEH has very strong pvp republic side but i can't play there because of the different timezone.... Is there any EU or west coast USA server with strong rep side in 65 lvl wrz? Or i just play only imp chars forever...

Like others I play both sides and the increased population for Imps is the biggest difference. It gives you a greater chance of a team without gimps. It also increases your chances of not playing against pre-mades. I do prefer Pub because I get less same faction wzs. It is useful to play both sides or lowbies for those nights where all you see is groups smashing pugs. I've had nights where it's just double pre-made after double. It's not healthy to continue on those nights.

0 incentive to play pub side. Pub gear looks atrocious (not as big a deal anymore with CC), Pub questing is awful, especially at lower levels. Pub ability animation looks stupid (pebbles anyone?) Force sweep ( are they galatic janitors?) All around the pub side since the beginning has had the short side of the, don't i look sweet, end of the stick.

The pub gear looking awful has basically sent pubs to a very bad place from the jump, and will never recover.

When we say "imp pvp" were thinking about how much better it is.. Tbt.

The only problem I have I see on both sides. One person goes to cap a node, then they leave it unguarded. Its becoming an epidemic. Drives me Bats**t. I am not the best pvper by any means, but I am smart enough to guard a node lol

The only problem I have I see on both sides. One person goes to cap a node, then they leave it unguarded. Its becoming an epidemic. Drives me Bats**t. I am not the best pvper by any means, but I am smart enough to guard a node lol

you saying that you know ur not the best player, just spec into a tank spec and always play the objective <33