Bioware tells casual gamers "this game is not for you"

Umbral

All automatic LFG does is let above par players carry below par players through an instance. When you actually have to met people and have actual conversations you begin to fully enjoy the full aspect of the game, AND you actually learn to play your class better.

Stop asking for the easy way out. In every game I've played the game is degraded and made laughable because all of the "new and exciting" features they add do nothing but dumb down the game and it turns into a tedious grind and loses the community feel.

Just gonna state for the record that I have yet to group once with anyone (level 34 Powertech)... and the most common complaint for this game is that it truly feels like a single player game....

Now I'll say that for this reason alone is a HUGE reason to put in something to encourage the grouping.... otherwise there really is no reason to do it and the game remains a really single player feel to it.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see why some people like that tool, i played pretty much every MMO there is and was.

It's nice to have a tool where all you need to do, is to click and wait, but, i see no problem with the way we can find groups in swtor atm.

The use of O key is easy enough.

Tho, i have to admit, that i didnt sign up for swtor to do raids ect. Tho i might try it.

Before anyone says anything bout that, people have the right to play games without doing raids and that does not make them a lesser person/player because of that.

But LFD makes sense in this game, we can just beam to the location, you know like captain kirk beamed down to fight the klingons in the movies! Its like Bioware doesnt even know what they are doing.

P.S. my phaser looks like a gun, get this bug fixed asap bioware.

That doesn't make the game FOR casuals either, most casual players I know still like parsers and macros, the only difference between a hardcore player and a casual one is the amount of time invested.

my whole point is that he said the game is not for casuals, how can you have a hardcore game without dammage meters macros etc? you cant ,you are taking my words out of context.

Edited by trooperrob

With the news that not even at least a server LFD tool is planned, that is essentially what Bioware has said, whether most realize it now or not.

I've been playing these games for 12+ years now, and for 6 of those years I've unfortunately sat and watched game developer after game developer do the same thing upon release of their games. They see the initial sales and subs, think they've done something "special", don't truly listen to what the people COMING to play their game are saying, and start making "we believe ....." statements to explain why desired features aren't going to be implemented. Then invariably within a couple of months they watch as their subscription numbers sink like a one ton anchor being tossed off the side of a ship.

Bioware, this issue, beyond any other, is going to be what drives the most players away from your game. Most people have a limited amount of time a day to play any mmo, and you've just dashed the chance for most people to be able to enjoy a very large part of yours.

Starting to work on it later (as you most certainly will have to) when you're seeing the sub numbers dropping is going to be too late. By the time you finally would have it in the game the damage will have been done. Take a look at just some of the examples. AoC, STO, RIFT, and closest to corporate home for crying out loud WAR. The people that were camping your forums before release are a tiny faction of those that have come to play now. You listen to those pre-release forum campers at the risk of your demise as a thriving mmo.

I honestly thought you people were more on the ball than this. :confused:

x.x.. they already have fast travel... just click a button and move to the nearest point and sprint... I have finished three planets and it never took me more than 2 mins to reach any point on the map... Really?... you want to cry about this.... lol...

With the news that not even at least a server LFD tool is planned, that is essentially what Bioware has said, whether most realize it now or not.

I've been playing these games for 12+ years now, and for 6 of those years I've unfortunately sat and watched game developer after game developer do the same thing upon release of their games. They see the initial sales and subs, think they've done something "special", don't truly listen to what the people COMING to play their game are saying, and start making "we believe ....." statements to explain why desired features aren't going to be implemented. Then invariably within a couple of months they watch as their subscription numbers sink like a one ton anchor being tossed off the side of a ship.

Bioware, this issue, beyond any other, is going to be what drives the most players away from your game. Most people have a limited amount of time a day to play any mmo, and you've just dashed the chance for most people to be able to enjoy a very large part of yours.

Starting to work on it later (as you most certainly will have to) when you're seeing the sub numbers dropping is going to be too late. By the time you finally would have it in the game the damage will have been done. Take a look at just some of the examples. AoC, STO, RIFT, and closest to corporate home for crying out loud WAR. The people that were camping your forums before release are a tiny faction of those that have come to play now. You listen to those pre-release forum campers at the risk of your demise as a thriving mmo.

I honestly thought you people were more on the ball than this. :confused:

You sure state a lot of things. But, for someone who has played MMO's for the "12 years" and blah blah blah must not remember the days back in WoW when it first started that there was not a LFG queue when it launched. You had to post in trade/general chat until you got an entire group.

There is nothing wrong with that. I think sometimes WoW was ruined in some instances by having dumb *** people to group with because you would get random folks that didn't know what the world they were doing with their class, let alone didn't know how to play. It forces you to play with folks cross-server, if you wanted to be on that server you would have been .. instead you get to play with the douche bags from there. There are a lot of pro's and a LOT of con's that go with a tool such as thing.

If you start demanding little stuff like this to a pretty good MMO, then you're just a tool. You want the game handed to you, like WoW hands it to the folks who don't put care into their toons.

Be a man, grow up and just accept that you have to ask for help to do a instance and get the stuff done.

Just gonna state for the record that I have yet to group once with anyone (level 34 Powertech)... and the most common complaint for this game is that it truly feels like a single player game....

Now I'll say that for this reason alone is a HUGE reason to put in something to encourage the grouping.... otherwise there really is no reason to do it and the game remains a really single player feel to it.

It can feel that way if that is your play style. On some days I do nothing but solo quest. On other days I meet people running through the same areas and strike up a conversation and 9 times out of 10 end up running quests with people. Some have actually even made it to my friends lists. The game is what we make of it.

This just in, casual players forgot how to type into general in the fleet "LFG XXXXX". I wasn't under the impression a casual player was defined as someone with no ability to type or make ingame contacts/friends.

inb4 whiney noobs cry about not being able to take the 5 minutes to walk to a place and post "LFG" in general.

oh wait. too late.

the game feels like a movie. live in it. enjoy it.

or go back to wow and queue for a dungeon where you can get carried by strangers to fight kung-fu panda.

Lol perfect

I agree with the original poster honestly. I do not however feel that LFG Dungeon/Flashpoint queues are only for casual gamers. I have been playing strat/mmo games for a very long time, and although I really enjoy this game I have been unable to enjoy most of the flashpoints because I dont feel like wasting time in trade/general all day to find 3 other people to complete this game. When I do spend time trying to find people in general chat, seldom have I found a healer or competent dps, which means a lot of wasted time and possibly saved to a failed Flashpoint. When the dungeon finder tool was added to wow it kept me in game. With this tool, i can go on to quest, farm, do whatever i like, and not have to get into arguing matches in chat just to find people willing to do a level appropriate Flashpoint. The only thing that will prevent me from continuing to play swtor is the lack of a Flashpoint finder tool. Mature, competent players such as myself do not wish to stand around at the Republic Fleet talking in general chat all day and arguing with children (or adults who act like children) hoping to find a group. Being able to queue for a group, just as we do with pvp battles, and continue to do whatever else I like is pure gold. If it can be made for pvp group fights, then it should most definately be made for pve group fights. Please take all this into consideration. A Flashpoint finder tool will keep me in the game, and give reason for millions more like me to play swtor vs. everyother mmo. So far in this game, the one complaint i've found in common is the lack of such a tool. I progress at a faster rate than most people and have found very few able bodied persons willing or able to run flahpoints. Please mr. developer, make a Flashpoint queue! I do not particularly enjoy the quest grind of leveling, I play mmo's mostly for the group encounters whatever the game calls them. I enjoy learning to use my character to the very best that it can be used, maximizing defense, dps, etc. But without the vital 3 other persons...then mmo's are nothing but empty.

:rod_cool_p:

Oh my I have to use a chat tool to talk to people in an MMO..... Wait whut?
Please explain how spamming a chat channel with no responses is "talking to people"? Because that is what happens. No one strikes up a convo with the people spamming lfg. It's pretty much a one way thing unlesss one is lucky enough to find a group, which despite the poppycock some have already spewed in the thread is rare. What's mostly happening is that people just give up experiencing the content as it is meant to be experienced, and figure maybe they'll get to see the content if a higher level runs them through later, or on an alt (although they're fooling themselves because if they think it's hard to find a group now, just wait till when people are even more spread out in levels).

Looking for group tools are awesome and do make it easier but dropping subs - won't happen. Look at WoW it grew and grew and grew and then they brought it in.
Just why do you think the implemented the LFD tool? Because people were happy with the system they had in place? Yes, that's how companies do things.... "Hey, people like the way we do this... so let's completely change it!"

:rolleyes:

They implemented the LFD tool, as well as a lot of other features, because they began to see a hemorrhage in sub numbers, and those people leaving were telling them that a big reason why they were leaving was the frustration caused by wanting to experience a large quantity of the content, but not being able to. To do that content they were instead having to spend a lot of the valuable limited time they had to play a day standing somewhere and spamming chat with a lfg message. "Why pay a monthly sub and only be able to experience part of the game, and miss out on some of the more enjoyable and challenging content?" is what people started asking themselves, and when enough started to leave Blizz scrambled. The pops in WoW were so huge they had time to right the ship.

Edited by Umbral

More LFD whining?

Stop being lazy and make some friends, it's not that hard.

If you can't field a group in 20 seconds shouting in general, im sure people you've grouped with before (and had a good experience with) are more likely to help.

I have a feeling these LFD kids have the same mindset from the other game, and don't communicate during dungeons at all.

I thought the guild was the old tried and true looking for group method going back to the birth of mmos.

If I need some help moving a sofa I tend to turn to my friends but I guess some people are anti social and put a ad on Craig's List when they need help.

So, you've been playing these games for 12+ years and you want a LFD tool because you're a lazy bum.

...but the effort required to find a group... You rise up, and ask Bioware very nicely; Could you hold my hand please?

You're so special.

For now, but that will change. WoW has the largest player base than any other game in the world. If you arne't in a huge guild, you can STILL go for hours LFG and then finally log when you know it's not going to happen. This isn't just dps either, I Had healing alts that would wait hours before the group finder came along. I ended up quitting the game for a while because I was wasting more time LFG than I did actually playing the game.

You're finding it easy to find groups because there are tons of people the same level, same gear level, and lots of variety of specs atm. Give it 3-6 months once everyone hits end game...the wait will be there. Every other MMO without a dungeon finder or pre-dungeon inder proves this.

In wow i never had problems with finding a group, pre lfg tool, if anything it increased the time for me.

I always had a group with my hunter, hpriest or tankadin within 5 mins. with my hunter and lfg tool it took up to 30 mins. And this is not on one server aswell. with my hunter been on like 4 servers and the alts on 2. This is also not guild run, most of the times i had only 1 guild member with me.

just get people for your FP and friend them next time ask them again, thats how i always did it and soon you have a friend list full of people that you can ask first.

what would help instead of a lfg tool is a global level range chat (like rift).

I don't want to see a LFD tool.

All this tool does is reward the exploiters, the lazy, and the clueless. It would be nice for a change to see jerks (ninja rollers, verbally abusive, etc) on a server NEVER be able to get a group.

Its not that hard to find 2 or 3 other people to run a flashpoint.

Edited by RycheMykola

Some people are saying that a LFD, even a SAME SERVER one will destroy the community, but what community is there to be had in the first place? I was there before cross-server LFD in World of Warcraft, I was constantly harassed and trolled by the "stellar" community on the forums and sometimes in game as well. I remember a guild called RIP Co on Horde side on Elune constantly griefing their own faction, using certain potions and exploits to cause a massive amount of lag in Orgrimmar. The community on that server was awful back in TBC, at least on Horde side, was a bit better on Alliance.

I was also there before cross server LFD in Rift, the community was pretty much dead already before it came out, the global 50 chat rarely had a peep in it and I played on a full server, people weren't even really looking for groups anyways, in my 2 months of playing that game before cross server LFD came out I never made a single friend, never added anyone to my buddy list, not even one!

These are examples of before a cross server LFD, not even a same server LFD. I fail to see how a SAME SERVER LFD would destroy the community, a joke pretty much, since the community here is not bound to be any better than it was on WoW or Rift.

At the minimum they could at least have what WoW had before cross server LFD, a flashpoint list, where you can put yourself on a list of wanting to do this and that flashpoint, that way you aren't constantly spamming general and don't have to beg that tank or healer to fill your last spot.