This game is too HARD!

Xekark

people calling me a troll havent played a sith jugg, its a real pain. and i thought tanks were the easy class in mmos.

Dromund Kass was a tad hard

Balmorra was just pain but once you get Quinn you become an unkillable machine I can't remember the last time I died or even had to recharge my health outside flashpoints.

Johnny lvl 45 jugg immortal ToFN server.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Granted that coming from easy mode solo games like WoW, some solo bosses can be hard, and even harder for some specs/classes. And guess what? I LIKE IT. I like having to sometimes try solo bosses 2, or even 3 times before downing them. I like having to use my cooldowns, my interrupts and all my abilities ALSO when soloing.

Two thumbs up to Bioware for proving challenging solo content can also be made in a MMORPG.

This says it all.

Yes, there are some balancing issues (as IA, there are Elites that are easier to solo than some Strong units; and then there are Elites which -around level 40 particularly for me- are just a bit too hard, even if you interrupt and use your cooldowns correctly). But overall, I'm so very glad that I more often than not have to think before engaging an enemy. Looking at his enemy type, watching for possible patrols, deciding which adds to kill first etc.

people calling me a troll havent played a sith jugg, its a real pain. and i thought tanks were the easy class in mmos.

Sith jugg is my main. Instead of saying its too hard, I'd like you to see what exactly you are having trouble with, your level, and spec you are playing as. There are challenging fights, but utilizing all your abilities and managing rage is important and makes some encounters that seem impossible much easier.

Edited by Striker

Alright, despite some of the very rude, and very unhelpful comments made thus far I think you're going to have to:

1) Check your gear. See if it's up to par with where you are. If you're wearing quest greens you're not completing the stages properly imo. You should be taking tokens from every area, not going straight for the green rewards. In time this pays off. You'll get yourself into a good weapon from the commendation vendor, some decent gear, etc.

2) Save your credits and hit the GTC. If you're not a crafter that makes your own armor, mods, or weapons, you should be trading and selling on the GTC to get the credits to gear yourself out. This goes along with point one.

3) Gear your companion! Make sure your companions gear is always up to par with you. Find a good companion you like and stick with him/her/it. Move up the levels with that companion and in the end you'll find that their gear will carry you all the way to 50 if you keep with it. It's like having a second player that's well geared at all times.

4) Upgrade your abilities at all times, even at expense of bypassing a really good speeder, a social item, etc. Don't be frivolous with those credits. Spend them on needed skills.

All in all, there's well over 900k players, and so far very few have complained about the leveling being too hard. If it's too hard, change up your play-style. Move some buttons around on your rotation, see what works, and what doesn't. Train yourself into that character, and above all keep things current (gear, skills, companions).

Hope this helps.

Im playing sith jugg and its impossible to complete some bosses its ridiculous. i understand the flashpoints and heroic parts being hard but for those who just want to experiance the story and not the pvp this game is too freaking hard.

going to hoth when you first get your ship is bad mkay

47 Defense Guardian. I have found some challenge in solo content (especially a couple of the class quest bosses.) but nothing frustratingly difficult.

I felt that it did nothing but add to the experience. There's nothing more anticlimactic than finally getting to face that big bad Sith Lord the story has been leading up to, and facerolling him.

You are not supposed to be doing BOSSES alone, if you do, you need to be several levels higher. Personally, the game is too easy. I love the game, Bioware did a great job and continues to do so except it is way to easy at higher levels. Two weeks in and I see level 50s everywhere. Leveling should be increasingly harder after every 5 levels. I have 3 toons over 20 and 3 over 10. I could be 50 twice over if I had put my mind to it.

Just my own opinion.

I'm on Veela by the way and looking for a guild that has over 100 members. 20 hours a week, game play. 2 characters @ level 11 PVP. All toons craft.

I will not attack the OP but I would like to comment that this game does have its challenges in my opinion....now saying that it is impossible I cannot agree with. I have died my fair share but I also play too much and lose focus......

I feel like the game is hard in some ways and you really do have to pay attention but at the same time I am running through the game....already level 40 so the challenge is minuscule imo....

Now I play a Marauder so it is possible that maybe you are missing something about your class....You could try doing some research on your class....Maybe there is something you are missing.

OP and others finding this game to be too difficult, or challenging; first don't listen to the all the OMG YOU SUCK type responses. Those are useless and have zero bearing or impact on anything.

First and foremost; IF you are coming from another game - forget about that game. Meaning, play SWTOR as SWTOR and not as GAMEX. Some people I have run into have had this problem as they were trying to play their class as they expected it to be played in a different game (from a different game). That only works so far, and won't help you in the long run.

Second: Don't skip quests unless you are already out leveling the quests (even then it isn't a bad idea to do them). In a lot of cases they did a good job tuning quests to the levels they are intended to be run at.

Third: Don't rely solely on Dropped gear. You CAN , and it is doable, but your life will be SO much easier if you keep your gear up to par.

Fourth: TRAIN. Keep those skills up, may be a pain going back and training but you will be thankful you did.

This game is more challenging than some other MMO's out there, however it really isn't "hard" per se' depending on your background. If you are new to MMO's or only played one or two other titles - the above list will help you greatly. If you are a veteran to MMO's and have been around the block a few times - well, this most likely does not apply to you.

Enjoy!

Okay.....

I put the C in casual I ceased being a hardcore player when I left EQ back in 98, my priorities change. I honestly thought that casual mode in SC II was a bit tough (stop laughing) it took me until the first expansion pack to level my first sixty in WoW......I still don't have the kingslayer title even after the nerf (again stop laughing )

But anyone that says TOR is too hard is out of their flipping tree. Yes if you never upgrade your companions armor use stims and medpacks and never upgrade your own armor you might die....but too hard?

wow...just wow.:eek:

Edited by Jett-Rinn

Im playing sith jugg and its impossible to complete some bosses its ridiculous. i understand the flashpoints and heroic parts being hard but for those who just want to experiance the story and not the pvp this game is too freaking hard.

wait... what?

/facepalm.

I never believed anyone could come up with a thread like that...

Its just that you are a bad player no problems with the game i am lvl 30 i died 2 times perhaps and that was because i clicked on the stupid skull on tatooine and once because i trully thought i am rambo :p

Else you simply cannot fail!

l2p is the only thing i can say.

Do bonus quests... do pvp then outlvl content then go play it i cant help you further!

Oh wait dont pvp since youll jsut make people loose cos of you rather just uninstall :p

OP and others finding this game to be too difficult, or challenging; first don't listen to the all the OMG YOU SUCK type responses. Those are useless and have zero bearing or impact on anything.

First and foremost; IF you are coming from another game - forget about that game. Meaning, play SWTOR as SWTOR and not as GAMEX. Some people I have run into have had this problem as they were trying to play their class as they expected it to be played in a different game (from a different game). That only works so far, and won't help you in the long run.

Second: Don't skip quests unless you are already out leveling the quests (even then it isn't a bad idea to do them). In a lot of cases they did a good job tuning quests to the levels they are intended to be run at.

Third: Don't rely solely on Dropped gear. You CAN , and it is doable, but your life will be SO much easier if you keep your gear up to par.

Fourth: TRAIN. Keep those skills up, may be a pain going back and training but you will be thankful you did.

This game is more challenging than some other MMO's out there, however it really isn't "hard" per se' depending on your background. If you are new to MMO's or only played one or two other titles - the above list will help you greatly. If you are a veteran to MMO's and have been around the block a few times - well, this most likely does not apply to you.

Enjoy!

I agree with everything you said here. Also, people need to realize that there is no auto-attack in this game. You have to use your skills to do damage, so like you said, it is important to keep your skills trained up.

I think its good to play a challenging game. That way, when you complete a quest or kill a boss you feel like you actually accomplished something. I hope Bioware doesn't make this game any easier.

Where on earth have you thought of that.:D

There are no easy classes per se, merely more versatile classes and less versatile classes.

As a Jedi Guardian I'm going to have to disagree and I'm leveling a full Defense spec. If you come across difficult encounters try this:

1) Use medpacks and stimpacks

2) Make sure your companion's and your gear are up to date

3) Make sure you have spent all of your talent points and upgraded both tabs of your abilities

4) Make sure you're at the recommended level of your quests if not 1 level higher

5) Manage all of your cooldowns properly (Endure Pain, Call on the Force, etc.)

6) If you can use chilling sream to slow an enemy do it and kite them around and then leap back into battle to build rage, etc.

Ehh, guys... I've been playing WoW for about 1,5 years and love this game; found how hard is to level with one class and how easy with another. Found that being patient is a virtue... Did some bosses/quests/dungs till they are done... And honestly - I'm starting to love SWTOR not quitting WoW. Games are diffferent and similar, TBH I prefer fantasy, but on the other hand I grew up on SW 4,5,6... So pls - fanboys - dont get angry at WoW players - no use with this... And some quests are really hard - I play sometimes 2-3 lvl higher q's than I am, but as someone said - its fun when u try few more tacts...

Greets to all of you from Poland, greets to SWTOR players as well as to WoW players!

:ph_use_the_force:

Good don’t let them give into people like this. This game is not to hard I solo 90% of it with a little grinding on the side. If you put in the work it is fun. This is what destroys games. If you don’t like this game solo find friends to play with to do missions. But do not say its to hard just because your not playing the game like it is meant to be.

The first character in a new game always has it the hardest.

Some of the die-hard MMO'ers aside, it is about learning how this game works.

I found that it is better to kill a few more mobs on the way. Level nicely so that you are generally 1 level ahead of your quests and update your gear when you can.

General tactics also make a difference. When you have a group of 3 enemies for example, usually there is one tough mob and 2 weaker ones. So then it's important that you keep the big one from doing damage (Whirlwind for example) but kill the little ones first. I know that to a lot of people this may seem obvious but not all players get this right away, so I am just putting it out there. People tend to focus on the big scary one.

So just a simple example for those who are interested, without looking at things like crowd control:

So a group of 3 mobs. A strong one and two little ones. Let's say that the little ones do 50 damage on average and the big one 100 damage on average. So that is a total of 200 damage per second.

Then consider that it might take 5 seconds to kill the little ones and 20 seconds to kill the big one.

If you go for the big one first, you have to take 200 damage per second for 20 seconds. That's 4000 damage before the first one goes down. Then 5 seconds of 100 dps (500) and then 5 seconds of 50 dps (250). You take a total of 4750 damage in 30 seconds.

If you go for the two small ones first, the first 5 seconds you take 200 dps (1000), then 150 for 5 seconds (750) and then 20 seconds at 100 (2000). That totals 3750 damage.

This has two effects. First of all you take over 20% less damage and it puts less pressure on the healer because the average dps is lower.

Perhaps this helps the OP.

Furthermore, the nastiest trick that BW have up their sleeves is that you have to talk to the bosses first before combat starts. What can happen is that sometimes because of a short delay, the enemy is attacking you before you can react putting you at a disadvantage. You may die then because it's just too late to offset the disadvantage.

Just die, revive and take some distance, recover and then approach again.

In the end though, being a level or 2 higher than the quest and being geared up do make a big difference also :)

/facepalm

1) Try using all of your skills. Chances are, you're not. You'll say you are.

Truth is, all story quests, and side quests are solo level for all characters provided you actually use the skills provided to you. If you dont.... well.... thats an end user error.

2) PvP- If you run off on your own, yes pvp is very hard. Its designed around group play. If you have a group, that acts like a horde of possessed lemmings, then yes, pvp is hard. Its actually fun and intiuitive if people play it the way it was meant....

I'm not a jugg, I play a sith assassin tank and so far the game was on medium to low difficulty. the only time I really have a challenge is with elites of the same level. by challenge I mean I have to be careful of what I am doing, manage my cooldowns, interrupts (super important), use my skills in the right order to benefit from proccs etc. sometimes even use stims and medpacs. Class story bosses seem to be more tough then normal missions and I like it that way. Often I have to try a couple times before winning the fight and it's awesome that way! If the game was too easy all the time where would be the fun? I like that feeling of WOOT I did it!

So OP, unless you are trying heroic 2+ all alone at same level as you are, just check out your gear, learn you skills and what they really do, interrupt, repair and do your best! sometimes it's just a bad strat, try something new it might work.

Edited by Clyo