Suspensions & Account Disputes

snimon

I have been playing SWTOR since launch, and for about 75% of that time I have been a subscriber. So I was puzzled when I recently was suspended for the most recent exploit. To be honest I didn't participate in the exploit in any form or fashion, but account management did 2 thorough investigations and said I did, so I must have. Sadly when I asked what I did that violated the TOS they sent me a copy of the TOS and said I violated the TOS. I implored that I had not, and asked again what I did that violated the TOS and they said we checked this twice you broke the TOS here is a copy of the TOS. Sadly I have served my suspension, and really don't know what I have been suspended for. I am sure several people who violated the TOS say the same thing, but honestly I don't know what I did that violated the TOS, so it might just be that normal playing violated the TOS, but who knows. The way bioware and account disputes handled my questions and requests for information was short and lacked decent human relations. So not knowing how I violated the TOS, and why I was treated in this way (by the way got the email that I was suspended a full day after I was suspended). I am no longer going to be playing this game. I would be lying if I said this doesn't suck, never pictured my time in SWTOR ending like this, but if that is how EA, BIOWARE, and the people at SWTOR treat people, its not for me...best of luck, hope there are changes.

You get the email AFTER the account gets suspended simply to stop you from passing on any credits/gear to others, really not sure why you would be surprised its that way around.

As for the rest of it? Nope. You cheated, even a cursory examination of the language you use shows that. Multiple uses of 'honest', the "if I did I don't remember" type comment - these are all things said by children when they are caught, if not with their hands in the cookie jar, at least with fingers covered in cookie crumbs. The only one you didn't roll out was 'well, my younger brother has access to my account, so maybe it was him'

Let's presume for a brief second that the op is correct and doesn't know what he did. So here's what you did: you either knowingly exploited a dupe in selling stacked items or you aided someone in doing so by laundering money for them.

In the outside chance neither of those are correct and Bioware suspended you for being an unwitting participant, you're the only one. Wear the badge with pride and move on, either here or elsewhere.

If you're guilty of a lack of judgment and participated in the exploit and are no angry that you actually got caught -- don't let the door hit you on the way out. And, honestly, nobody want's your stuff this time as it's tainted.

OMG.. someone was dishonest. Let's string him up and poke with pitch forks until he is bleed dry.

I just love our Freakin White Knight crowds on the forums. You guys crack me up.

If OP really did have a legit case then I would suggest he PM Musco or Tait and try to get an escalation. Ignore the white knights out for blood. If you cheated.. shame on you and take your lumps and move on or out of the game.

OMG.. someone was dishonest. Let's string him up and poke with pitch forks until he is bleed dry.

I just love our Freakin White Knight crowds on the forums. You guys crack me up.

If OP really did have a legit case then I would suggest he PM Musco or Tait and try to get an escalation. Ignore the white knights out for blood. If you cheated.. shame on you and take your lumps and move on or out of the game.

He came here and whined, no one forced him to post a damn thing.

Also "White Knights"? - I don't think that phrase means what you think it means. You are the white knight in this thread, lol

Yer, because as players we should all be banding together and having sympathy for cheats and exploiters who want to be able to get the best items without work or spending credits and who have the potential to destroy an already "on the edge" in-game community - is that what you are suggesting?

The guy's a cheat, that makes him scum - so "see ya" is by far the only response I have for him.

Do you even know what a white knight is? O.o

I have been playing SWTOR since launch, and for about 75% of that time I have been a subscriber. So I was puzzled when I recently was suspended for the most recent exploit. To be honest I didn't participate in the exploit in any form or fashion, but account management did 2 thorough investigations and said I did, so I must have. Sadly when I asked what I did that violated the TOS they sent me a copy of the TOS and said I violated the TOS. I implored that I had not, and asked again what I did that violated the TOS and they said we checked this twice you broke the TOS here is a copy of the TOS. Sadly I have served my suspension, and really don't know what I have been suspended for. I am sure several people who violated the TOS say the same thing, but honestly I don't know what I did that violated the TOS, so it might just be that normal playing violated the TOS, but who knows. The way bioware and account disputes handled my questions and requests for information was short and lacked decent human relations. So not knowing how I violated the TOS, and why I was treated in this way (by the way got the email that I was suspended a full day after I was suspended). I am no longer going to be playing this game. I would be lying if I said this doesn't suck, never pictured my time in SWTOR ending like this, but if that is how EA, BIOWARE, and the people at SWTOR treat people, its not for me...best of luck, hope there are changes.

sucks that you couldn't get a decent response. Best of luck to ya.

For all the people who are barking about how he allegedly cheated read over his post above, nowhere does he say "Oh i cheated by doing this". The only thing he said as mentioned above is that he wanted to know what he did to deserve a suspension. I too had this issue once when i was temp banned from a kabam game (For anyone who starts saying to me "Oh you deserved the ban" please go troll somewhere else, i didn't know what i had done to deserve it and like the op kabam support refused to say why after i had sent in two tickets). The point is if the op wants to know what he had done then he should be given that information period. To the op, i would suggest sending in a support ticket or calling the swtor support phone number if you haven't already, if not try filing a complaint with the better business bureau.

Edited by AylaL

You know, I never do anything even vaguely fishy with my account, so I'm just not worried about getting accidentally or unfairly banned. I suspect that's kind of what the OP is hoping for... not so much sympathy or justice for his unfair ban... I mean his "unfair" ban. But rather, to raise a sense of fear that "it could happen to you!"

No.

It couldn't.

...'cuz I don't cheat.

You know, I never do anything even vaguely fishy with my account, so I'm just not worried about getting accidentally or unfairly banned. I suspect that's kind of what the OP is hoping for... not so much sympathy or justice for his unfair ban... I mean his "unfair" ban. But rather, to raise a sense of fear that "it could happen to you!"

No.

It couldn't.

...'cuz I don't cheat.

It would be nice if that were true. It happened this time and it's happened before.

Why would BW not want to give out details of an investigation? Because BW doesn't want to give the real cheaters information they could potentially use to avoid detection next time. I don't know how you resolve this. If BW has evidence that they think says you are a cheater, they are probably not going to give you that evidence no matter what you do. Try to make a polite yet compelling case for BW to investigate again. If they have had false positives in their detection of that exploit and enough people keep pushing back they will eventually figure it out.

...........blah blah blah it wasn't me blah blah blah.................................. I would be lying if I said this doesn't suck, never pictured my time in SWTOR ending like this, but if that is how EA, BIOWARE, and the people at SWTOR treat people, its not for me...best of luck, hope there are changes.

You are lying to us right now.

You know exactly what you did, thought you would get away with it given BWs appalling track record of dealing with cheaters and exploiters like yourself. The lure of the shiny is always too much for the weak minded.

Damn it Sarflux, above all people, you, the king of all White Knights is not meant to make me splutter my morning cup of tea!

No need to be jealous, there will be plenty of other threads you can irrationally defend to the hilt :eek:

Edited by ThorgrimLutgen

You get the email AFTER the account gets suspended simply to stop you from passing on any credits/gear to others, really not sure why you would be surprised its that way around.

As for the rest of it? Nope. You cheated, even a cursory examination of the language you use shows that. Multiple uses of 'honest', the "if I did I don't remember" type comment - these are all things said by children when they are caught, if not with their hands in the cookie jar, at least with fingers covered in cookie crumbs. The only one you didn't roll out was 'well, my younger brother has access to my account, so maybe it was him'

You must be a parent. :cool:

Fair point a more accurate description would have been 'Witless Cretins', forum warriors who spout pointless pseudo psychology in a failed attempt to impress their peers on the internet. Whether the OP cheated or not is irrelevant, if you pay for a service you do not receive, then it is not unreasonable to expect a formal explanation.

Unfortunately OP, BW can do what it wants because there is no real remedy on your side other than to cancel your sub. If you paid your sub by credit card you can get them to reverse your most recent payment if it was made in the recent past but 9GBP is hardly compensation. Your best bet is to try an speak to someone who has access to your account detail and those of the investigation.....(not sure who this person is, but it won't be the minimum wage desk jockey manning the customer service hotline)

Soon, I feel this board will be full of threads such as this. Farewell, cheater.

Not necesarilly a cheater, bioware does have a history of poor investigations and blanket banning.

http://i.imgur.com/0VAFYOX.png -- This is back when they banned people for spawning lightsaber crystals through collections. You could then sell them to vendors. I didn't know that and didn't sell them. Just spawned a good bit for lolz and for other characters within my legacy to send them over using legacy weapons.

Why would BW not want to give out details of an investigation? Because BW doesn't want to give the real cheaters information they could potentially use to avoid detection next time. I don't know how you resolve this. If BW has evidence that they think says you are a cheater, they are probably not going to give you that evidence no matter what you do. Try to make a polite yet compelling case for BW to investigate again. If they have had false positives in their detection of that exploit and enough people keep pushing back they will eventually figure it out.

Well, in the UK if you requested the information that Austin and EA has on your file under the data protection act, they're obliged to provide that information under relevant law.

Let's be perfectly honest here, this is a game, so why would anyone really care about what information BioWare do or do not have, or if indeed they have done any real investigation (or likely "if at all" from my own experience), aside from running a script?

It'll be the script that has been run that will have flagged players, that's probably something that should be improved going forward. Adding more parameters to help avoid any possible false positives which result in any potentially innocent players being caught up in actions taken against the players who have done something.

The script may be something really simple to pull out those metrics, and may not be refined enough to exclude the genuine players.

Not defending the OP here by the way, I'm not privy to the information Austin or EA has.

I feel your pain. Back when the temple chair exploit was around I got warning on my account. I had never exploited ever, so I was infuriated, and after a few emails and two cs tickets later I realized that CS is totally incompetent and really does not care about anything other than closing tickets, nor will they make any effort to actually look into anything. Honestly if it wasn't for the automated bot responders we wouldn't get hardly any responses to our tickets.

For those that must know, I was buying my 50 chairs to fully unlock in my collections. At the time I didn't know about the temple chair exploit. In my excitement to add the chairs for a project I was working on I forgot to close out the vendor window when I clicked on the deco to add it to my collections. Instead of learning it, it simply sold my stack back to the vendor. I thought no biggie, and then clicked on the buy back back tab and bought my stack back for the same amount of credits it had just sold for. I added the deco to my collections and went on my merry way. Well weeks later the whole thing blew up and you all know the rest.

Since that day I hold no grudges against exploiters, and since Bioware sees us all as cheaters already, why not join them. Especially since Bioware devs can't be bothered to deliver anything but incompetent, incomplete, or outright broken things in game. They then should not be surprised by us doing anything other than having to exploit the enjoyment out of the game for ourselves, as they are obviously incapable of delivering it to us themselves.

Edited by Holocron

For those that must know, I was buying my 50 chairs to fully unlock in my collections. At the time I didn't know about the temple chair exploit. In my excitement to add the chairs for a project I was working on I forgot to close out the vendor window when I clicked on the deco to add it to my collections. Instead of learning it, it simply sold my stack back to the vendor. I thought no biggie, and then clicked on the buy back back tab and bought my stack back for the same amount of credits it had just sold for. I added the deco to my collections and went on my merry way. Well weeks later the whole thing blew up and you all know the rest.

I know what you mean. This guy I knew in the game - well he was minding his own business and was moving some stacks around when suddenly a duplicate stack appeared, so he thought "eeep, better get rid of those". Unfortunately the vendor window was open and he ended up selling them to a vendor.

Then, he moved another stack and low and behold another one appeared. He accidentally put that on the GTN.