Harbinger just got rolled back quite a bit.

JidaiDerriphan

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is everyone mad at Eric, he is just the middleman, reporting to you what he has learnt.

It's not that they are mad at him as a person. They are just upset at Bioware and since Eric is the name we have to deal with he gets most of the blame. It comes with the job.

If by "in game" you mean purchasable off the GTN... then yes. Spent hours farming and selling mats to buy the MSM JT-9 Jetpack. Repurchased it, and this time... i have proof!

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/645502556555760648/AE7F7C085E02A545B11BC355379E10EB67BF3313/

If another roll back happens, i would like this given to me along with another Shae Vizla's chest-piece(I'm not losing this stuff twice).

They can't roll back purposely again. Then people including yourslf would lose even more stuff. Ticket it and pray.

There's one with a hashtag to fire Eric.

So , yea, people are mad at him.

No, they aren't. They are mad at Bioware as a whole and since we really only get to see his name he is the one who gets to be in the center of the attention. They are just projecting their anger at the one person they could use. Actually it's pointless to even be mad at him. He is at best the middle guy to deal with us because the actual people that are responsible don't want to.

Edited by Skaara

Never heard about that, where was that?

It was some Korean grinder mmo. They basically didn't back up their code so during maintenance one time they messed something up and couldn't restore the code so they had to scratch all the data.

Dear Eric,

How about an alternative after-care response, something like this.

"Dear players, we are sorry for the rollback on the Harbinger server, it would be simply too time consuming and technical to be able to restore each player affected by the rollback back to their original point before it happened, as such we will be compensating all players on Harbinger server with 500 Cartel Coins as a token of our sincerity in the losses that were suffered. Further, we encourage any players who had made Cartel Coin purchases in the affected period of time, that are left without the items they had purchased and without the coins used to purchase them, to open up a ticket, and we will individually investigate each report to ensure the Cartel Coins themselves do get restored.

Once again we apologize for the server's unexpected rollback, and hope that the Cartel Coin restoration and 500 bonus Cartel Coins helps soften the blow to our Harbinger players.

Love always,

Eric"

How's that sound? :p

WOW, someone that actually understands customer service. This would have been an appropriate response, not the crap eric posted.

I find it hard to believe with all their "metrics" and data collection, which they used to ban exploiters with, they couldn't use the same info to give people what they lost back. Seems pretty lazy to me on their part.

Why is everyone mad at Eric, he is just the middleman, reporting to you what he has learnt.

I am sure he is pretty fed up this week between dealing with the exploit backlash and now the server rollback mess.

The end result is via the powers that be at EA/Bio and I assume he is just passing on their messages. It was his fairly curt, oh well "here it is", blah-blah presentation that if worded differently, may of been accepted better. He was responsible for his OWN written word however, and that is definately not the way to soothe the savage beast...

Sorry about you guys that lost stuff...bummer :(

Edited by Darkwords

WOW, someone that actually understands customer service. This would have been an appropriate response, not the crap eric posted.

I find it hard to believe with all their "metrics" and data collection, which they used to ban exploiters with, they couldn't use the same info to give people what they lost back. Seems pretty lazy to me on their part.

I was kind of hoping they would adopt some sort of compensation for those affected by now :confused:

Been playing for a little while now a few months before 3.0. Coming to this after EVE Online is like night and day. CCP not only has it together, if anything like this happened they would bend over backwards to make sure their clients were satisfied! Edited by Leadplayer

Been playing for a little while now a few months before 3.0. Coming to this after EVE Online is like night and day. CCP not only has it together, if anything like this happened they would bend over backwards to make sure their clients were satisfied!

Oh, I'm sure bEAware would like to help us, and do everything possible to keep ther clients satisfied. They are just too busy not giving a ****.

It's not that they are mad at him as a person. They are just upset at Bioware and since Eric is the name we have to deal with he gets most of the blame. It comes with the job.

Eric isn't paid to put up with some of the rage in this thread to be fair. He's passed on a message (and even apologised), what do you all expect him to be able to do? Go into the database and check each and every single account / character and restore every single item that was lost in a partial hardware failure event?

I'm not saying what has happened is nice for the players, and I do think BioWare should look at trying some form of compensation in light of this event, but taking it out on the community manager isn't going to help anything, more the opposite most likely.

Eric isn't paid to put up with some of the rage in this thread to be fair. He's passed on a message (and even apologised), what do you all expect him to be able to do? Go into the database and check each and every single account / character and restore every single item that was lost in a partial hardware failure event?

I'm not saying what has happened is nice for the players, and I do think BioWare should look at trying some form of compensation in light of this event, but taking it out on the community manager isn't going to help anything, more the opposite most likely.

Eric is the face of BW in these forums, he is the Forum GM and the main POC. Therefore people mad at BW will invoke his name and he in turn will convey the info in a meeting of his peers and management - from which they will discuss the on goings of the game. It is in this meeting where Eric will convey people's opinions and what not in the forums ( thats only 0.2% of paid subs) of gamer's on the servers feelings. This would be different if ALL players voiced their issues on these Forum , but sadly just a very small percent are being vocal in this medium.

Free players and non subs - unfortunately- your voice does not bring home the Bacon...

Eric is the face of BW in these forums, he is the Forum GM and the main POC. Therefore people mad at BW will invoke his name and he in turn will convey the info in a meeting of his peers and management - from which they will discuss the on goings of the game. It is in this meeting where Eric will convey people's opinions and what not in the forums ( thats only 0.2% of paid subs) of gamer's on the servers feelings. This would be different if ALL players voiced their issues on these Forum , but sadly just a very small percent are being vocal in this medium.

Free players and non subs - unfortunately- your voice does not bring home the Bacon...

It's rather ineffective and highly unlikely to get some of the messages folks want sent to the right people to yell at Musco, if your serious about change start a petition or email the appropriate person in the hierarchy. Yelling and whining on the forums is about as productive as me wishing I looked like chaning tatum

The Harbinger is once again available!

Before the server was brought down, we confirmed that some players did experience a rollback. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to restore the progress that was lost during that time period. We are looking into procedures to avoid this from happening in the future. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

-eric

I am a subscriber since day one. I love the game.

However.. how on Earth can such game breaking situations emerge in a AAA game running for 4 years is beyond my comprehension. Someone or some people in TOR's dev / maintenance team are NOT doing their job correctly, this is established by now. More than once.

Many times i find myself wondering what the fate of this game would be had it not the Star Wars title. I highly doubt it if it would survive the second year.

Edited by Galentor

However.. how on Earth can such game breaking situations emerge in a AAA game running for 4 years is beyond my comprehension.

It's not that uncommon. Sometimes, **** happens and there's not a damn thing to do about it, which is naturally frustrating as all hell.

However, I've never experienced a company go "oh, well" in response to it. Some symbolic CC reward or free playtime should be given as compensation, if only to show that BioWare gives a damn about its players.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.