4.03 dxgmms2.sys Blue Screen in win10

reverseclipse

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't use Nvidia driver 361.43

Nvidia driver 359.00 and 359.06 worked fine for Windows 10

The grass setting to 0 is a workaround but doesn't fix the issue. I still had crashes with that driver even though my grass setting is 0

But when I went back to 359.00 and 359.06 has worked fine with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit build 11086

The latest driver is not always the best driver. Need to test different drivers and use the one that works best for your system.

Edited by knowmyname

Don't use Nvidia driver 361.43

Nvidia driver 359.00 and 359.06 worked fine for Windows 10

The grass setting to 0 is a workaround but doesn't fix the issue. I still had crashes with that driver even though my grass setting is 0

But when I went back to 359.00 and 359.06 has worked fine with Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit build 11086

The latest driver is not always the best driver. Need to test different drivers and use the one that works best for your system.

I've been having this issue starting this afternoon aswell, I'm trying the grass work around now.. hoping itll help

Just got a bsod on taris with grass details set to 100 while not even taking the taxi. I should have figured out that swtor was going to cause a bsod. my fps was so abysmal before it crashed it was like an 8 fps slideshow. Not very common for a high end factory overclocked evga 770 GTX 4GB gpu.

Trying with no grass detail for awile. directx 9 is so broken and obsolete :)

Tried with grass detail set to 0 for an hour and swtor forked a second process after the first one hit 1.7GB of memory used. When the second process hit 500MB of memory the fps went from playable to abysmal.

Now i used to be a developer for a major linux distro and software doesnt fork new processes unless the initial process failed. In my opinion swtor has the software bug here not windows 10. Every other game i play with up to date directx support currently does not have this issue.

Edited by Xartin

Tried with grass detail set to 0 for an hour and swtor forked a second process after the first one hit 1.7GB of memory used. When the second process hit 500MB of memory the fps went from playable to abysmal.

Now i used to be a developer for a major linux distro and software doesnt fork new processes unless the initial process failed. In my opinion swtor has the software bug here not windows 10. Everey other game i play with up to sate directx support currently does not have this issue.

swtor runs 2 processes and 1 is around 1.6 and the other 500 normally .... normal for swtor, so there is no new process getting spawned

Here is a post from 2012 not new - http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=1760927&postcount=15

Edited by OwenBrooks

swtor runs 2 processes and 1 is around 1.6 and the other 500 normally .... normal for swtor, so there is no new process getting spawned

Here is a post from 2012 not new - http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=1760927&postcount=15

Good to know. I was watching task manager when i restarted swtor and saw it had started two processes rather quickly and the first was using 1.5GB of ram. This did seem unusual but if it's a default behavior i hadn't noticed or known about this. Not many other applications do this by default.

At any rate Taris is mostly unplayable without needing to restart the game often.

User mode for each process is limited by design see here , they will start lower and increase to a point

if you think there is something not quite right run this when you play , it may stop the need to restart the game , closing the game flushes the memory used.

As to the cause of what your seeing, not sure at this point if game itself it would be across all windows releases not just win 10

Edited by OwenBrooks

Having the same problem here. I have a brand new gaming desktop that I had built just a couple weeks ago so I could run graphics maxed out on the games I play and this is annoying to have to deal with. It is a relief its not my PC because for a little bit I thought it was but I have definitely narrowed it down to this, which was irritating just to do that. I really hope this is fixed with the next patch, does anyone from Bioware read this or care to even know about this problem?

Having the same problem here. I have a brand new gaming desktop that I had built just a couple weeks ago so I could run graphics maxed out on the games I play and this is annoying to have to deal with. It is a relief its not my PC because for a little bit I thought it was but I have definitely narrowed it down to this, which was irritating just to do that. I really hope this is fixed with the next patch, does anyone from Bioware read this or care to even know about this problem?

We're all pretty sure it's up to Microsoft and nVidia to fix, unfortunately. This thread is pretty much a support group at the moment. :)

We're all pretty sure it's up to Microsoft and nVidia to fix, unfortunately. This thread is pretty much a support group at the moment. :)

That would be convenient for bioware. more reason not to update such a great game with modern rendering engine and 64 bit client support after 4 years of people asking for it. Sadly i cant fault microsoft and nvidia for not supporting game developers that refuse to update there software. This trend continuing is just a certainty unless bioware does something to update swtor.

Eve online has DX11 support and elite dangerous just released a 64bit client.

What is bioware's excuse?

The most recent versions of hero engine have x64 client and DX11 support . The time to update things is long past due.

yeah... really getting old with this bs error... I hate that this makes the game virtually unplayable! I wouldnt mind quite as much if i was a free2play guy but I am a Subscriber. It just feels like im paying for ice cream but no ice cream left and they keep the money for the ice cream. lol :(

yeah... really getting old with this bs error... I hate that this makes the game virtually unplayable! I wouldnt mind quite as much if i was a free2play guy but I am a Subscriber. It just feels like im paying for ice cream but no ice cream left and they keep the money for the ice cream. lol :(

Putting grass to 0 doesn't stop this for you ?

I put the grass to 0 a couple days ago and haven't had a problem yet but I really haven't been playing grassy planets. I was able to finish the mission I was doing on Belsavis probably about 20 min and got off the planet without a crash but I have not gone back there or any grassy planet really, Im playing KOTFE in the swamp now so it isn't real grassy there. So I can play but I bought a expensive PC so I can have graphics maxed out and the fact that I cant on this game, the only game I pay a monthly fee for really really aggravates me. Its not like Im using some rare or old graphics card I bought in a discount section or a not so popular operating system its a NVIDIA GTX 970 and the newest version of Windows and this thread was started a month ago, there is no reason for this to be going on still.

Im still confused on whats causing the problem and why am I having this problem and not other people? Is it Windows 10? NVDIA graphics cards? Just the 970? the combination of all 3? I feel like if it was any of those options besides maybe the combination of all 3 there would be way more people having this problem so that confuses me.

I hope Bioware and Nvidia work on it and make a patch and/or drivers for resolve this bugs :/

So do I. The latest drivers didn't fix it. I'd say the core problem is in SWTOR as I'm not getting any crashes with any other games.

EDIT:

Sportiva posted a good link for this issue here

Interesting. I thought SWTOR was DX11. I guess I was wrong.

Edited by Tovrin

It has nothing to do with SWTOR. I've read a lot of complaints of this happening in other games (World of Warcraft and Elite Dangerous). It's a Microsoft/Dx situation. Reverting back to an old video driver on Windows 10 does the trick.

I like playing trouble free and my graphics on Ultra everything so I switched back to Windows 7. Windows 10 is still glitchy for gamers.

It has nothing to do with SWTOR. I've read a lot of complaints of this happening in other games (World of Warcraft and Elite Dangerous). It's a Microsoft/Dx situation. Reverting back to an old video driver on Windows 10 does the trick.

I like playing trouble free and my graphics on Ultra everything so I switched back to Windows 7. Windows 10 is still glitchy for gamers.

Well I am the same way, I paid a lot of money so I can have the graphics set the highest on any game that comes out. You are very correct in the fact that this is a Microsoft's DirectX issue with nVidia cards and this happens in a lot of games. Now swtor is one of the games that is the easiest to reproduce this error so you see it complained about a lot more for this game. I for one am pretty busy and would really really not want to go back to a previous OS or even a earlier version of Windows because then when you do have another issue you have the troubleshooting additional issue of wondering if that was a issue that was already fixed in future patches or if its truely something new and not just new to you... Now going crawling back to a great OS like Windows 7 64bit might be the best solution for bugs in general but I think everything is on the back burner except for Windows 10 for Microsoft because they are so desperate to sell and get everyone on 10 they talk down about Windows 7 even and are always taking older tech and then suddenly stopping support for that item. I think I will try the grass thing but I wonder how I will be able to tell when it is finally fixed if I do that. Just check forums daily? More time waisted... :mad: