4.03 dxgmms2.sys Blue Screen in win10

reverseclipse

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can revert the driver to 347.88 and should be able to set grass back to max as another alternative, this driver does not appear to have the issue with the windows TH2 update

It is also worthwhile installing this directx redist here on win 10

There are reports the latest windows insider preview build 14257 may have fixed this issue see here

WHAT'S FIXED:

The issue of periodic app crashes or other memory related app errors due to a memory management change has been resolved. If you were having issues launching the Git client for Windows, you should now be able to launch it in this build.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Same problem for me,

it start while traveling with taxi and now even if I walk on the grass I have a BSOD.

Installing the last Nvidia update from today (361.91 ) doesn't fix the problem.

I just have to wait for the next Win10 build....

You can revert the driver to 347.88 and should be able to set grass back to max as another alternative, this driver does not appear to have the issue with the windows TH2 update

Those two items above worked for me finally. I had maybe 60fps and BSOD happen all the time while traveling.

Now I have over a 100fps and NO BSOD happening.

Just wondering is this happening to anyone that does not have an nvidia card? I'm seriously considering upgrading to another brand since both nvidia and microsoft are ignoring this, but I don't want to drop money on another video card if it's just going to keep happening.

There are reports the latest windows insider preview build 14257 may have fixed this issue see here

WHAT'S FIXED:

The issue of periodic app crashes or other memory related app errors due to a memory management change has been resolved. If you were having issues launching the Git client for Windows, you should now be able to launch it in this build.

347.88 drivers work on windows 10?

Man this sucks I just resubbed.

Windows 10gtx 980 ti. play for about 30 minutes to an hour and then boom, I get this error. Its only this game. Fall out 4 is fine, Starcitizen is Fine, XCOM 2 no problems.

All drivers updated .

I can confirm this BSOD happens on any world and even on personal speeders this error/crash takes place.

Really not interested in "whos fault", Im only interested that the people who operate this game "go to bat" for us and get a fix.

Just my two cents;

It should not be up to the end users to correct coding and programming problems. We submit feedback, the employees of both entities are the ones who should be held responsible, and who should take ownership and eagerly correct this issue.

Osnap, sorry I was daydreaming out loud again.

Reverting to earlier DirectX was no fix for me. Reverting to older drivers was no fix for me.

Reverting to 0 grass was no fix for me.

As mentioned There are reports that Microsoft Windows insider preview build 14257 appears to have fixed this issue.

if interested go to settings, select update and security, then click on advanced options , you should see the "Get Insider Preview Builds" with a "get started" button.

Edited by OwenBrooks

I have had this issue since I installed SWTOR again. It happens at random and only in certain cases, it's very annoying. I've searched around the web and found somewhere about audio drivers being the cause. So I followed those steps it worked for about a week or two then I had the same issue again. Not sure what the deal is with it, but i've tried everything.

As mentioned There are reports that Microsoft Windows insider preview build 14257 appears to have fixed this issue.

if interested go to settings, select update and security, then click on advanced options , you should see the "Get Insider Preview Builds" with a "get started" button.

++++++++++++++++++

It bears mentioning that you have to 'register' with MS as a pre-view customer, and agree to a lengthy user agreement, and there are lots of 'warnings' about the viability of the new not fully tested software..."Note that if you ever want to stop receiving Insider Preview builds you may need to remove everything from your PC and reinstall Windows"... you should not install to your 'everyday PC'.

So I didn't fully complete this suggestion. How much of a further risk to my system is having the pre-views/pre-loads enabled? I have no way to judge that.

Thank goodness I read the forums, I was just getting ready to pop $400 for a new graphics card on the suggestion of the PC repair shop to which I've already spent $400 for two failed attempts to identify/fix this problem.

I noticed that too, today, on Taris:

everytime I take a taxi between more than 2 points: BSOD dxgmms2.sys

Maybe it has been there for longer than one day, but I noticed it today, and it's really annoying (compared to a standard CTD)

I run the latest NVIDIA drivers and my system didnt have such problems 1-2 weeks ago (dont know when it really started)

Had it today on one taxi-point hop on Taris.

Have also experienced it while on a mount on Balmorra in an new zone. Related to zone discovery?

Had it today on one taxi-point hop on Taris.

Have also experienced it while on a mount on Balmorra in an new zone. Related to zone discovery?

Again today on Taris, but this time on a two-taxi point ride. I think I will quick-travel from now on. Really Really annoying.