4.03 dxgmms2.sys Blue Screen in win10

reverseclipse

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

while I agree that the bsod isnt swtor specific, it's strange that it happens for most of us ONLY in swtor and NOT in all the other games we are playing.

On my computer my son and I play: World of Warcraft, Guild Wars 2, Battlefield, Pirates of the Burning Sea, Subnautica, Armoured Warfare, World of Tanks, Warthunder, Portal 2 and SWTOR. Only swtor is making us a BSOD each time we take a taxi-speeder.

Maybe the latest Microsoft win 10 build is badly optimized for the NVIDIA drivers (or the opposit who knows), but when this bad features meets a badly optimized game using an outdated directx version...

Not going to play the apologist here, I judge what I see, what I experience when I play, and so far, sorry guys, but swtor is the only game that suffers from these problems, making it unplayble (or playable by lowering its graphical quality *sigh*)

OK will test this

Tested with the 361.60 driver on GTX 780

- The "AA gamma correction" was correctly ON when I checked - I did not have to touch this setting.

- Grass turned was left on as I have been using the roll back fix (347.88)

- Game crashed BSOD on Voss whilst using transport

- SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (dxgmms2.sys)

- I'm Rolling back to 347.88

mrsqueezy

Try using hot fix driver here

came across an interesting post here

Now this isn't swtor specific but he said his bsods stopped when turning AA - Gamma Correction, this setting being set to OFF, Once he set it to ON his bsods stopped

AA Gamma Correction has nothing to do with this problem. It's the grass setting.

I guess Adobe pumped a lot of money into nVidia to get them to address THEIR issue. :(

AA Gamma Correction has nothing to do with this problem. It's the grass setting.

I guess Adobe pumped a lot of money into nVidia to get them to address THEIR issue. :(

yes grass to 0 is a workaround in swtor , the AA gamma was from a non swtor person who said it stopped BSODs in other games so was worth mentioning

So I've encountered this issue some times now in swtor and especially on taxis. It was most frequent on planets with alot of grass I noticed, so I turned down the grass quality to 0 and since then (maybe a week ago) I haven't got any bsod. Might be a temporary fix or I've just been very lucky.

I'm having the same problem as well. Nvidia GeForce 970 with Driver version 361.43. Happens when on taxis as well. Curious about the hotfix, I'll try and post back if it fails.

The hotfix doesn't help this , setting grass to 0 is the best workaround at present

yes grass to 0 is a workaround in swtor , the AA gamma was from a non swtor person who said it stopped BSODs in other games so was worth mentioning

Setting grass to 0 worked for me. As an added measure I display the world map when I'm travelling.

This is getting on my nerves pretty bad.

The planet i have the major problem is Belsavis , 2 BSOD in less than 3 mins ON MOUNT ! .

The other planets i got serious problem is Voss / Dormund Kass .

Anyone have found a fix for this #@$ ? Tryed everything and still .......

System Specifications :

Windows 10 x64 pro

Nvidia GTX 650

Edited by Arkoudakias
System Specification edit

ok so i may found a little "patch" for it , the nvidia experience optimized the games graphics.

So after reading this thread i saw a fellow player said that he moved the Grass to 0 and the problem solve .

Nvidia experience for me had the grass quality fixed at 50 , what i did was to move the quality to 40 .

No crashes from that time, now at Voss areas of the map that i use taxi and mount and i had BSOD , at least 5-10 times now i got none.

As i have found the same problem is not only on SWtor , Microsoft has released an update that caused problems with the nvidia drivers . Programs and other games experience the same problem with BSOD

Edited by Arkoudakias

This is getting on my nerves pretty bad.

The planet i have the major problem is Belsavis , 2 BSOD in less than 3 mins ON MOUNT ! .

The other planets i got serious problem is Voss / Dormund Kass .

Anyone have found a fix for this #@$ ? Tryed everything and still .......

System Specifications :

Windows 10 x64 pro

Nvidia GTX 650

turn off the grass in those planets looks like helps alot.

im walking all the way down to avoid this.

First time BSOD. Started last night on Belsavis. Kept on happening and finally turned grass to 0. What really bothers me is that this is an issue that has been happening for a while and not one single person from SWTOR, NVIDIA, MICROSOFT has said "We are aware of the problem and we are currently working to fix the issue. With a little update to why this is happening.

Same thing just happened on my PC and my wife's PC at the same time.

We both have Nvidia GeForce cards running the 361.43 drivers and Windows 10 64Bit. Checked out the crash dumps and they both report issues with dxgmms2.sys

Both the crashes happened at exactly the same time and our PCs are spec'd a little different, video cards are the same series but different makers, same with mainboards and etc.

Sounds like something in the TOR client iasn't messing around with the dxgmms2.sys module.

Rolling back to TH1 isn't really a fix as it will just redeploy again unless you suppress the update altogether which can then lead to issues down the line when the components are updated etc etc etc

just re-checked and our vid cards are GTX 760 units. My Grass settings were at 100???

Yeah totally agree with that, really only impacts SWTOR for us so the workaround does the job.

I do server support for work and always get annoyed when people tell me that "OS Patching" caused the issue when the issue only impacts a particular application........