Patch notes for 4.0.3 are up

Katahn

http://www.swtor.com/patchnotes

The only mention of companion tanking though was

•Companions in the Tank role no longer interrupt NPC and Player-channeled abilities.

Does this mean companion tanks at 65 still are squishy as heck? Or was that just overlooked in the patch notes? I searched based on finding the word "Companion" and of the six places it existed in the notes that was the only tanking mention.

My level 65 healers would really like their companions to go from "reasonably sturdy" when level-synched to "overcooked spaghetti noodle" when trying to do Star Fortresses.

So thus ends PvP. It had a ... mediocre run, being charitable. Some matches were good, a lot were downright awful. But now there is no point as healers will be completely unstoppable. Nerfing burst across the board means what little chance there was to slow them down has now gone.

I'll chuck in my own two cents about my own class - Infiltration Shadow. Suffice it to say you'd have to be completely incompetent to assume it needed getting hit with the nerf bat as hard as this. Sadly, that's about par for the course these days.

Edited by UltimateKrucible

Whirling Blow and Spinning Strike now consume 20 Force (down from 25). Damage dealt has been reduced with respect to the cost reductions.

Applied Force no longer reduces the Force consumed by Double Strike, Whirling Blow, Clairvoyant Strike, and Serenity Strike.

These two statements seem to conflict. You aren't really lowering the force cost if you romve the ability that lowers the force cost, so why are you lowering the damage?

Repair bills are back lol!!!!!!!!!

That is kinda a shame... For the past few weeks I was willing to do HM content with wipes without being all bothered by the cost... Someone new would be in, would be willing to listen and learn, so we'd roll with it.

Now, not so much, if you can't cut it, you're out.

Repairs are so last decade and not helpful to a game of casuals and social players. If you cause a wipe, you're paying the bills or getting kicked.

That is sad.

---

Side note: The repair cost is trivial, the principle is not.

I guess Bioware took my pointing out that the problem with certain people ROFLStomping Star Fortresses wasn’t that Companions were too strong, but rather that the players were and have acted appropriately to rebalance them.

Notably, Fury Warriors weren’t hit by the nerf hammer because… well… everyone else needed to be brought in line with us! :D

Bioware must have hired John Smedley ... its the only rational explanation for nerfing the spike damage for multiple classes instead of boosting the one or two lacking.

Oh please no... but it all would make a sick and twisted sense.

BIOWARE don't be a Smedley! Stop breaking the stuff that was working. Don't you have enough bugs?

Bioware must have hired John Smedley ... its the only rational explanation for nerfing the spike damage for multiple classes instead of boosting the one or two lacking.

Seems more like the kind of Class Rebalancing I got used to in WoW during the Burning Crusade / Wrath of the Lich King, except missing the blatant Dev's pet getting a boost alongside all the nerfs to everyone else.

Seems more like the kind of Class Rebalancing I got used to in WoW during the Burning Crusade / Wrath of the Lich King, except missing the blatant Dev's pet getting a boost alongside all the nerfs to everyone else.

Did you miss the Warlock nerfs with this patch?

Lets hope the fixing of exploits are purposely left off patch notes.

With fingers crossed the "duping exploit" that has been around since 4.0 has now been closed (and offenders banned) and the ability for opposite faction characters to get to starter planets also removed.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

- Fixed an issue that caused Alacrity to affect Companion summoning speed and Transport activation times. :(

But also! FINALLY!!

Black Sun Territory on Coruscant now have more music to match the pacing of the area. :D

Edited by Sarfux