Formal request to have The Harbinger server to myself for two hours on December 8th.

SirCopperfield

Anyways, I would like The Harbinger server (I transferred off PoT5) to myself for two hours on Tuesday, December 8th from 2-4 PM Eastern time to check out the new expansion and to familiarize myself with the game again. I do better when I'm not distracted by general chats, group requests, fans private messaging etc etc.

I trust you will respect this small request as I feel I've earned the right to ask this of my fellow players.

Thank you and it's great to be back!

-Sir Copperfield

Tuesday December 8th. 2-4 PM Eastern Time.

SWTOR is a PG game and based on your posting history EA would simply be to afraid of the "mess" you would leave the server in and thus your request has been denied.

Might we request the Sims in hopefully a fully sanitized hot tub!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good afternoon. As most of you are aware, my name is Sir Copperfield. I'm the most famous and well liked player this game has ever seen. I'm sure you've all been wondering where I've been. As you know, my ex wife tried taking all my characters in the divorce and my account has been frozen in litigation. Until now...

I presented a solid case to the judge and my account is now ready to be played again. (I gave my wife the summer home, cars, small island off the coast of Japan my family owned. I just wanted my account).

Anyways, I would like The Harbinger server (I transferred off PoT5) to myself for two hours on Tuesday, December 8th from 2-4 PM Eastern time to check out the new expansion and to familiarize myself with the game again. I do better when I'm not distracted by general chats, group requests, fans private messaging etc etc.

I trust you will respect this small request as I feel I've earned the right to ask this of my fellow players.

Thank you and it's great to be back!

-Sir Copperfield

Tuesday December 8th. 2-4 PM Eastern Time.

Denied. Oh and you can alter your settings to not see gen chat, not receive group requests/alliance invites/private messages etc.

Wow.

OK, here's the punchline since this apparently needs to be explained like you are five.

SirCopperfield is not being serious. He is, as has been his theme and 'thing' for as long as he's been on the forums, employing a form of comedy known as character comedy, in which someone strides to entertain by assuming a persona that is usually farcical, over the top or in some way (amusingly) controversial.

A popular modern example of this the YouTube personality 'Francis', a character that flips out about lots of things and ha behaves pretty much like people on video game forums portray themselves as.

Alternatively, it's possible that SirCopperfield might be doing a farcical parody of Emperor Norton of San Francisco infamy, but in order to understand the humor of that, I've might have to have a sense of history somewhat more sophisticated than some in this thread make any indication of even being aware exists, let alone to possess.

So. Character comedy. Emperor Norton parody.

Look them up.

Ensmarten yourself.

I don't require any explanations. I know stupid when I see it. :rolleyes:

He's back! The one and only SirCopperfield!

THE gaming legend! Y'all don't understand.....

THIS is the same guy who beat every NiM OP in game solo & using the ship droid (with no armor or mods) as a companion!

This guy fought and defeated the WB on Corellia solo when he was lvl 3!

When SirCopperfield runs the "false emperor" FP, there's only one option for him to select..... it simply says "1-I am SirCopperfield". When he selects it, Malgus screams in fear & jumps into the pit himself! :D

If HE wants 2 hours alone, then no-one else should log in during that time. :D

Lighten up. It is a joke. He has done this since I've been here (2009). It is a joke and honestly the forums could use it.

Some people have the humor of a corpse, and the charisma to match.

No point correcting them. If there can't laugh with us, let's just laugh at then.

Either way, it's funny.

No point correcting them. If there can't laugh with us, let's just laugh at then.

Either way, it's funny.

Agreed. Between this and the "How dare you give us free stuff thats not free stuff i want! Booo! Hiss! You suck Bioware!" Response to the 4th Anniversary gifts i think a lot of people had their Wheaties peed in this week :p

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Either way, it's funny.

Riiight... Who knows maybe this could mean that when you watch something that even such corpses laugh at, you're so caught up in laughing that we're spared your crap for at least a day. So in light of that hope, and since you yourself already mentioned Francis, I'll give you another example where this and other stuff is done way better, namely Channel Awesome. Not everything is golden on that site either, but at least most of those people put some effort into it.

Riiight... Who knows maybe this could mean that when you watch something that even such corpses laugh at, you're so caught up in laughing that we're spared your crap for at least a day. So in light of that hope, and since you yourself already mentioned Francis, I'll give you another example where this and other stuff is done way better, namely Channel Awesome. Not everything is golden on that site either, but at least most of those people put some effort into it.

I take it the 'Explain Like I'm Five' redux went over your head then?

I don't speak very fluent Derpinese, but perhaps this picture will convey my deep, heartfelt feelings that you've inspired in me.

Edited by Uruare