The Old Republic in December

EricMusco

..........is any of this stuff new other then their birthday nope and that weird didnt they just come out with a "EXPANSION"

i dont know about everone else but when i think of expansion i think of content that lasts more then 3 days i hate to say it but take a page out of WOW atleast with some of their expansions they have a whole new area that lasted for almost a month to finish with a new raid and tons of new gear to grind. for SoR and Kotfe has been a huge let down for me

and ONLY reason i keep playing is because my guild plays this game

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You've had a full year of exclusivity with them...if you enjoyed that, you'll probably do it again for this years items.

I'm not upset that the stuff will not be exclusive. I'm kinda used to them making exclusive items non-exclusive. I am even quite used to them putting new reskinned items into the Cartel Market. I am not used to them taking an item from the CM and putting it at an in game vendor without even reskinning it. The exceptions being the stuff from the various CM reputation vendors, but even those did require the use of CC to get.

What I am irritated by is that they took items I payed real money for, and are now giving them away for free. I would have cared less if they put them in the CM again this year. I wouldn't even mind if they sold them on the CM for a 25% discount off last year's price. I do mind that it makes me really feel like I wasted my money on them.

So, on the new items they are adding, given this precedent, what is my incentive to give Bioware real money when I will probably be able to get it next year from an in game vendor. Not exactly a brilliant marketing move on their part.

So that you can hit the level cap on Coruscant / Dromund Kaas? :D

( Its silly fast levelling now as it is @_@; )

Im leveling faster now than i did with 12x xp... the other day a new alt i made went from 16-23 just doing -one- bounty contract on Dromund Kaas... (regular, not Kingpin)

Then don't do it.

I was being somewhat facetious and relating it back to the changes they made to other content in the game because apparently it's "too grindy".

Where were you with that comment when people were complaining about the Heroic difficulty/grindyness etc.? Maybe it was lost in the mass of rage.

As much as I like fast leveling, it really was the first big major blow to the game. The second you have people quickly out leveling content, you essentially destroy any sort of challenge, feeling of achievement, and you make it less likely that the player will pay attention to your vaunted story, or learn their class well. Now this issue is even exacerbated more by the auto hiding of side quest by default. The devs have lost their vision and don't know what to focus on anymore, and fast xp was the start of it all. Edited by Holocron

Im leveling faster now than i did with 12x xp... the other day a new alt i made went from 16-23 just doing -one- bounty contract on Dromund Kaas... (regular, not Kingpin)

I call BS. I did a Bounty on DK on my lvl 18 operative and on turn in I was lvl 19. You sure as heck didn't jump 7 levels from one bounty.

Hi Eric Musco,

Firstly thank you for addressing my forum issues i was having and the feedback you gave me via the email very much appreciated that i have followed up and check not just the web browser cache i was using but gave my computer a complete security check too run my full anti-virus scans using the latest definition updates it found minor adware and is now completely removed.

With that out of the way.

Overall like Knights of the fallen empire but i would like to see the ability to remove the extra speeders from the legacy its great to see HK-55 being made available to subscribers.

I would like to ask will F2P players in the future be allowed to level to say 57 or 60 with restricts of course to the contents subscribers are now doing.

IE being allow to access Yavin 4 as a F2p player but not Ziost and the new planets.

Will there be a new contents for returning back to the other planets like Tython and Korriban etc for level 65 to the area of the maps not normally accessible? for example Dark temple on Dromund kaas has many chamber doors that are close can we see storylines where you go back to open these doors and explore it contents or for example to look for the ancient lords that are buried in order to uncover new powers or artifacts.

I will stop here as i have more but let you first read this lot and wait for a comment.

Thank you for the help Eric Musco and address my issue again.

:) Lordu

The rewards will be announced later this week, I will edit the link in when that happens. I accidentally left that part in the post, I removed it for now to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for catching that!

-eric

Any update for the list of the rewards for the anniversary yet?

Same here, actually. With a guild and XP bonus active, it is that much XP. I have leveled the characters exclusively through the BH week from level 15 or 16 to level 34, not even doing it every day either. It takes 5 to 7 minutes to run a DK contract in current meta without taking a single shot. For example, my level 25 Juggernaut leapt, was tossed back by one of those pesky Bounties, and by the time he got up to his feet, Vette (influence 11) has finished off the Bounty and the adds. 2 minutes later he was level 28. If a BH weeks overlay 2xXP.... why spend money on a level 60 token at all?

Seriously, it's 3-5 levels for buying 4 flasks of wine (or probes if you are DS), and then clicking the beacon.

Edited by DomiSotto

Regarding:

I call BS. I did a Bounty on DK on my lvl 18 operative and on turn in I was lvl 19. You sure as heck didn't jump 7 levels from one bounty.

And:

Yeah......just no.

Flat out lie.

There are three stages of a bounty, get bounty, go get information, go out and find your target, turn in. I got 3 separate "turn in rewards". Then throw in generic 25% xp bonus, 10% guild bonus, exploration bonus (i have all 5 ranks) for going to all locations required, plus xp for kills (informants, group of mobs standing next to the bounty object, bounty target, she did go from 16 to 23.

I picked up the bounty getting off the shuttle from Korriban, went to the cantina in Kaas City, then went to the spot out in the wilds. This character hasnt done -anything- on dromund kaas aside from that bounty.

Yes there was a exploration and mob kills xp in there, but that was all gained in doing just the one bounty. (4 informant fights, 1 group of 3 lizard things on the bounty clicky, target and her 2 henchmen)

Edited by XiamaraSimi

The rewards will be announced later this week, I will edit the link in when that happens. I accidentally left that part in the post, I removed it for now to avoid any confusion.

Thanks for catching that!

-eric

Is this still a thing? Since "this" week is practically over. ;)

Hey folks,

There are quite a lot of things that will be going on in-game during the month of December. We wanted to share all of them with you so you know when to get in on the action.

Events

• Dec 8 – Dec 15: Relics of the Gree
  • Dec 8 – Jan 5: Log in for 4th Anniversary Rewards!
  • Dec 15 – Dec 22: The Rakghoul Plague
  • Dec 15 – Jan 5: Life Day
  • Dec 18 – Jan 1: Double XP
  • Dec 22 – Dec 29: Bounty Contract Week

For Life Day this year we have made a few changes to the rewards. All previously available rewards, including some items previously only available on the Cartel Market, are available for purchase with Snow-Covered Parcels from the Master of Ceremonies on each Faction’s Fleet. Additionally, we have a few new Cartel Market items in honor of Life Day and one of them might be a tank that shoots snowballs, seriously.

Conquests

• Dec 8: Relics of the Gree
  • Dec 15: Rakghoul Resurgence
  • Dec 22: Death Mark
  • Dec 29: The Balance of Power

That is everything coming to you in December. Don’t forget about all of the subscriber rewards you can become eligible for in January as well. Thanks everyone.

-eric

Eric,

First and foremost thank you fro your time in posting this information out to the community. I am really excited about what will be in Master of Ceremonies Vendor (Life Day). i hope this includes access to previous released 2012-2013 Life Day Robes. if thats not the case, please petition the Powers that be to allow the Life Day robes to return to the CM and available for purchase. I was unable to purchase anything from CM until early 2014 as i was a sub march 2013, but due to personal budget. I would love nothing more than to purchase Life Day robes for my toons and legacy on 3 servers. Its very rare on GTN but they are too high price to pay with credits. Please grant this request.