The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

(Near) Human Hairstyles 1

Lednew

This one is all over the forum. Reason being; pretty much everyone wants it. I'm posting it here because it's the one place I haven't seen it (recently) and this is actually the proper sub-forum, since it would technically be a Cartel Market unlock.

Add the Human Hairstyles 1 to the Cartel Market as "Near-Human Hairstyles 1", for Sith Pureblood, Chiss, and Mirialan races. (Miraluka and Cyborg too, subject to how badly the hair clips with the available head appliances).

It would be simple to implement, too. There's already a bug in the appearance designer that allows you to preview these on the near-human character, even if it will not let you buy/apply them.

I'd pony up another 240 for this, without hesitation.

I race changed to Miraluka and purchased the hair style options because I thought it was available to them, seeing that you can preview them with it on the appearance change screen. Unfortunately, you can't actually wear them, so I purchased a race change not knowing this. I don't really understand why it's not available to all races, to be honest; I really like the long, braided-ponytail look that the female humans get, as well as the long-haired option for males, but can't use any of them since I don't play Humans. :mad:

I race changed to Miraluka and purchased the hair style options because I thought it was available to them, seeing that you can preview them with it on the appearance change screen. Unfortunately, you can't actually wear them, so I purchased a race change not knowing this. I don't really understand why it's not available to all races, to be honest; I really like the long, braided-ponytail look that the female humans get, as well as the long-haired option for males, but can't use any of them since I don't play Humans. :mad:

yeah only the newer hairs are usable by non-humans It suuuucks.

• 4 months later...

BUMP!

I recently bought the Human hairstyles and hair colours packs late at night and not concentrating properly for my Cyborg. I figured I'd be able to use them because I could preview them at the appearance change kiosk. I'm really frustrated that I could preview these customization options but I can never apply them to my Cyborg.

Yes please, and colors too. I'd love to have the bun-and-braid on my Chiss but specisist Bioware only likes humans. Always knew they were imperialist alien-haters! This just proves it :p Edited by Kiesu

• 1 month later...

Easy implementation, zero pushback.

What's the problem? Just once I'd like to see someone come in here and explain why a unanimously supported suggestion cannot or will not be done. Even if we don't agree with the reasoning, I'd still like to hear it.

It looks like we will finally be getting those tomorrow in Update 4.5; along with some new options for Togrutas (which is nice; and surprisingly fast, since it just came out last summer as a playable species).

Yet, other species that have been around longer are still waiting for new customization options (Miraluka, for example; Twi'Lek; Zabrak; and Cathar) --- even after many topics posted with suggestions for them for quite some time. I hope that we'll see more customizations for all sometime soon!