The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

rumors for incoming PT/VG nerf in KoTFE???

Burinio

Ya it will definitely happen, and not cuz AP is significantly out performing, but cuz of the super critic mechanic, it is creating unnecessarily high damage in PvP, which is unquestionably overboard. but not a PT issue, rather it is BW incompetence and lack of sight.

This will follow path with the dot spread mechanic in 3.0. The mechanic is a failure by all means and measures, with inquisitors being the only exception. It made some specs OP, then BW proceed to nerf the hell out of them without adjusting the mechanic, then went ahead and nerfed the mechanic. Hatred sins story in 3.0 anyone? Expect the same here. BW will nerf AP, then realize super critic is an issue and nerf it as well for AP and a bunch of other specs. Then AP will be left to bite the dust. I will not be able to post on the forums in a day or two, but mark my words, this is exactly what will happen.

The class balance is bad in this expansion, and PTs need to get hit with the nerfbat hard. If you are trying to figure out how long it takes Bioware to do some balancing, you can look at the precedent they already set. With the release of 3.0, PTs had that crazy burst with the 0.5s gcd on missiles and huge crits on everything. In addition, any telekinetic sages had a bugged talent that made them totally immune to interrupts. Both of those examples lasted an entire ranked season.

Bioware is slow to balance classes, so if you want to be competitive in PVP then you may be forced into a class you may not want to play.

Edited by Fellow-Canadian

We can always hope with this nerf comes adjustment to Pyrotech/Plasmatech to make people play it more.

Pyro/Plasma is a fun DPS tree to play as but feels like it is missing the kick that Prototype/Tactic has as the DoT DPS tree for Vanguard/Powertech

Edited by EdwinLi

The class balance is bad in this expansion, and PTs need to get hit with the nerfbat hard. If you are trying to figure out how long it takes Bioware to do some balancing, you can look at the precedent they already set. With the release of 3.0, PTs had that crazy burst with the 0.5s gcd on missiles and huge crits on everything. In addition, any telekinetic sages had a bugged talent that made them totally immune to interrupts. Both of those examples lasted an entire ranked season.

Bioware is slow to balance classes, so if you want to be competitive in PVP then you may be forced into a class you may not want to play.

Hard nerfbat? I don't think that is the way to go, the major problem for many is the burst in PvP. For PvE AP PT is in a good spot, but it is not like it parses head and shoulders above ALL other classes. Classes at the bottom needs to be buffed up a little and maybe some of the top classes brought down a little, and here we are talking a few % increments in dmg and not a "hard nerfbat", that is what wrecks classes and specs and is no fun for anyone.

The PT needs to be looked at and get some fixes, pyro should as the dot spec parse slightly higher for sustained fights by a few percent, as seems to be the design philosophy (though often not realized). AP needs some burst adjustment, especially in a way to fix PvP burst without hurting PvE too much, possibly by taking a look at shoulder cannon I feel might be a way to go, since changes to that would not disrupt too much of the current playstyle.

Hard nerfbat? I don't think that is the way to go, the major problem for many is the burst in PvP. For PvE AP PT is in a good spot, but it is not like it parses head and shoulders above ALL other classes. Classes at the bottom needs to be buffed up a little and maybe some of the top classes brought down a little, and here we are talking a few % increments in dmg and not a "hard nerfbat", that is what wrecks classes and specs and is no fun for anyone.

The PT needs to be looked at and get some fixes, pyro should as the dot spec parse slightly higher for sustained fights by a few percent, as seems to be the design philosophy (though often not realized). AP needs some burst adjustment, especially in a way to fix PvP burst without hurting PvE too much, possibly by taking a look at shoulder cannon I feel might be a way to go, since changes to that would not disrupt too much of the current playstyle.

Shoulder cannon literally mitigates all the healing received as your target facetanks your main burst rotation. Its pretty much hitting a target with your standard burst rotation, and they're unable to heal. For classes that cannot heal themselves, whelp, find another a way to survive 12k DPS for approx 10 seconds.

google your favourite data mining website and PT AP has been nerfed.

and lets be honest, its overdue and warranted

For PvP at least. Not sure how they will parse for PvE after this. Nerfing burst across the board seems dangerous without touching healers in PvP

Hard nerfbat? I don't think that is the way to go, the major problem for many is the burst in PvP. For PvE AP PT is in a good spot, but it is not like it parses head and shoulders above ALL other classes.

Yes. Yes it does.

But you are looking at people whacking off a dummy which looks very tame indeed.

PT damage gets a large boost from Close & Personal + Utility plus Pyroshield utility.

A lot of people don't even understand their class, PT gets extra resources and straight up free damage from taking AOE damage in a fight which is very many fights. The dummies don't trigger those so the parses won't show it.

Shield tech already underperforms jug and sin tanks by a substantial margin as far as dps goes. They certainly didn't need to nerf firestorm.

this... I don't understand this at all. at this rate I can't kill my infernal council target from lack of dps! I was having a hard time in low gear, having to switch to dps gear while doing this and now you are making us worse?

Edited by Fallerup

The PT nerfs are *********** joke. Once again BW ruins PVE balancing for PVP reasons. PT-DPS is now pretty abysmal in PVE. I parse 800-1000 DPS lower than before. The PT has now no good PVE specc left. BW already killed Pyro, which is more fun anyways. Now you have AP with average burst and bad sustained damage and pyro with even worse sustained damage.

So much for the melee>range and dot>burst ********. :mad:

It can't be that hard to find PVP balancing without destroying PVE balance every *********** time.

The PT nerfs are *********** joke. Once again BW ruins PVE balancing for PVP reasons. PT-DPS is now pretty abysmal in PVE. I parse 800-1000 DPS lower than before. The PT has now no good PVE specc left. BW already killed Pyro, which is more fun anyways. Now you have AP with average burst and bad sustained damage and pyro with even worse sustained damage.

So much for the melee>range and dot>burst ********. :mad:

It can't be that hard to find PVP balancing without destroying PVE balance every *********** time.

LOL. If you're parsing 800 - 1000 dps lower, then it isn't the nerf that affected you.

I tested just now, and I'm parsing 300 dps lower on avg, across multiple parses. Its not that bad, and completely necessary.

LOL. If you're parsing 800 - 1000 dps lower, then it isn't the nerf that affected you.

I tested just now, and I'm parsing 300 dps lower on avg, across multiple parses. Its not that bad, and completely necessary.

Pre 4.03 http://parsely.io/parser/view/103971/0

Post 4.03 http://parsely.io/parser/view/106878

I would say you either weren't parsing very high before, or you've just been plain lucky. This is pretty much the biggest nerf I have seen in the game. Not that I care that much as my main is sentinel, but this isnt a 300 dps nerf on the face of it, this is a massive nerf.

Did several additional parses and never got closer than 750 dps to my pre nerf average.

I agree, I always parsed 7k+ pre 4.03 and top was 7.4k, just did best post 4.03 parse of 6690, with identical crit and apm as my best before, so I would say the nerf is worth about 700 or so dps.

I agree, I always parsed 7k+ pre 4.03 and top was 7.4k, just did best post 4.03 parse of 6690, with identical crit and apm as my best before, so I would say the nerf is worth about 700 or so dps.

I'm only experiencing a 300ish dps loss. Now bear in mind, I'm in pure PVP gear, and can't possible parse 7K+ prior to the nerf. Maybe thats why.

Looks like the better gear you have, the more dps you lose.

I also run primarily alacrity, and rely less on Crit. So that could explain it as well.

Edited by Kaytrine

Pre 4.03 http://parsely.io/parser/view/103971/0

Post 4.03 http://parsely.io/parser/view/106878

I would say you either weren't parsing very high before, or you've just been plain lucky. This is pretty much the biggest nerf I have seen in the game. Not that I care that much as my main is sentinel, but this isnt a 300 dps nerf on the face of it, this is a massive nerf.

Your rotation on the new parse was also worse (esp avg time between hib, way more hammer shots) and not nearly as lucky on crits. Granted, a little bit of the crit difference comes from the longer fight, but not that much.