If there was a challenge mode would you use it or no??

Ashlockheart

Just have a simple question. If they put a challenge mode instead of nerfing the companions would you use it or keep the op companions on? and in challenge mode it drops high end gear because of how hard it is and you get a title.

Simple question.

No.

I have enough Challenges in Real Life™ - so I look to games for some R&R.

I have NO desire to 'Challenge Myself' within a game. :cool:

I'm here to unwind, I want to have fun - this is what this game was for me back in the day, fun. Now it's just tedious. I should say challenging, but it's not challenging, it's boring and time consuming. 4.0 allowed me to enjoy myself.

Now, it's good grief. I'm looking for datacons to bolster my stats. Gross.

To the point, would I use it? Heck no. If I wanted a challenge i'd play a RPG on hard mode, or freaking do my uni coursework.

Just have a simple question. If they put a challenge mode instead of nerfing the companions would you use it or keep the op companions on? and in challenge mode it drops high end gear because of how hard it is and you get a title.

Simple question.

You bet I would. I'd run it 100% of the time, if I could manage to live. I enjoy the combat.

Only if it had rewards I cared about, I suppose. I'm not here to challenge myself otherwise, I do that enough elsewhere in life.

My challenges elsewhere in life are ones that involve being patient with people and the burdens of leadership.

Here, I like a fantastic story and tough fights with light sabers so that I can forget that stuff for a while.

Simple question.

You can already adjust the skills your companions use, if people wanted a challenge mode they could change the skills used by the companion or not use a companion at all.

My challenges elsewhere in life are ones that involve being patient with people and the burdens of leadership.

Here, I like a fantastic story and tough fights with light sabers so that I can forget that stuff for a while.

Did Tuesday give you that back? Prior to that, did you stow your companion when doing stuff alone?

No.

I have enough Challenges in Real Life™ - so I look to games for some R&R.

I have NO desire to 'Challenge Myself' within a game. :cool:

This. Im here for KOTOR 3-10+, not "Grind out then brag up my uber-epeen mmo skills" had enough of that in a Progression guild in WoW for 5 years.

Now I just want to play and have -fun- while playing my 20 characters.

Edited by XiamaraSimi

Yep, the challenge is back, at least on SF...and I do have to watch my bars.

People keep bringing up that I could have done things before, etc - and down deep you know its snarky, because they know perfectly well that you get no reward of any kind for that in game. Even so, yes, I did put away the companion some. I certainly stopped gearing myself. I took cooldowns off my bar.

But after about a half hour of no companion or non healer companion, why, you feel foolish for making it harder on yourself. It feels artificial and silly to do so.

Now folks can try to thread the needle by saying it is my character flaw in not just running completely gimped at all times. But I think they have to work pretty hard to do that.

Its like asking someone to play with only their putter on a golf course where the drunk greens keeper made all the holes the size of hoola hoops. At some point you get tired of playing with only the putter and want to use your driver.

you get no reward of any kind for that in game

Exactly. You aren't actually interested in 'challenging' yourself unless you have some exterior motivation to (i.e. a reward). So that horse isn't so high up there after all, is it.

The funny part is I was able to take a brand new character through solo Esseles with a companion just fine again last night. Which is not something I could do (could never get by the mandalorian boss) prior to 4.0. So I mean, challenge wise? Still easier than it was. Alas for those that want to be punished, I suppose :p

Exactly. You aren't actually interested in 'challenging' yourself unless you have some exterior motivation to (i.e. a reward). So that horse isn't so high up there after all, is it.

This high horse bit is nothing I've ever claimed to have. Rather there are a lot of folks that assume, wrongly, that people who wanted to see companions brought back into line look down their noses at others. Maybe some do - I sure don't.

I do answer questions honestly, though.

It is human nature to want a fair risk/reward. And thats why I'd have been perfectly fine keeping the game as easy at it was, with an added challenge mode or whatever you'd like to call it - that gave higher rewards.

That is unreasonable? I want a game that is very tough in spots, but where the rewards are commensurate. I'd rather ops, HM flashpoints and PVP were not the only parts of the game where that is possible - I like to solo too sometimes. Its peaceful.

Do I sound unreasonable to you, deranged, or selfish? Really?

Do I sound unreasonable to you, deranged, or selfish? Really?

hm for the marketplace, I think unreasonable is probably correct. I don't know of any MMO out there (least none I've played) that offers challenging solo content as an endgame activity. That's always when it becomes very group focused. But if you find the current environment challenging, I guess it's good to be you :)

Well Sounds like most don't want to do the challenge, and want to enjoy the story's at the own passe, and those who want to be challenged like the idea of a challenge mode. So if that is the case why can't we have both op Companions and a challenge mode for those who want things harder, and rewarding?

The only reason I can see for not having both is because some players don't like the idea that everyone can see and get to every thing is the game by themselves. In my view no one should be forced to group, and have to deal with others if they don't want to. I enjoy star wars the old republic because there is no Elite in this game because it's story driven, and not gear driven. Most gear is for looks not for power which makes the community for at ease.